Kael's journey with Fallen Enchantress

I am certainly impressed with the work they did for FE though.

I mean ... how long they came from the first beta to what it is now.

1. the Quendar look AMAZING!

2. Slaves and Juggernaughts are AMAZING!! (Juggernauts just look too cool)

3. Altar traits are well made/well picked I think. Can't decide whether +10% experience or Slaves are better though.

4. Matching Armorer with Master Smiths was a highly synergistic choice. I think it makes the vanilla Ironeers a decent choice.

In my opinion ...

best nilla Factions: Altar and Gilden. (possibly Trogs as well?). I hear Tarth are good because of their ... well either their Stealth or Scout ability. I think its Stealth which people think is OP though.

I've heard that slave-lord is a strong trait, but I'm not sure if its worth 2 points. I get the idea though ... I mean at one point it was proposed that Slaves be the ONLY way for them to gain population.

I also think it was a good idea to cut-out building maintenance and having trained units cost population. Not sure if removing City-wide maintenance was a good idea though ...

My last game I used a majority of the gold to rush-buy buildings.

-----> I wonder if it would be a good idea to separate hammers from science??

Er, what I mean is ... for whatever reason maybe have high hammers at high taxes, with low hammers at low taxes? (but high research being the main draw to low taxes).

I know ... I know ... but having some separation between productivity (gold/hammers) from research would be cool. But yea, probably not the most easily implemented idea on a scale of being 'good' per se. It'd be a tough sell I can see that.

Resolyn doesn't seem a particularly strong choice (Wraiths) ... but perhaps I should play them out as Vanilla to see for myself.

If Urxen and Capitar have cool enough features (ie beast Hatcheries and Mercenaries), then perhaps they could be re-introduced in the expansion.

I really like the customization options ... but I'm not sure how balanced the traits are.

Some combinations are very unbalanced. Your civ can take both the Uneducated (-10% science) and Scholars (+10% science and a free tech) traits for a net gain of a tech and no loss of trait points.

Taking the Betrayers civ trait (can recruit any hero) and Adventurer leader trait (recruitment is free) is massively unbalanced, unless you choose the map option to limit hero spawns.

Archers civ trait + Ironeers race + Armorer leader trait is the best combination I've come up with so far, at least for my favored play style. Iron Golems soak up damage while buffed Archers pick away at the enemy. Round out the combination with some traits which increase unit health and give you life magic to keep the Golems lasting longer.

Is the Beastlord trait any good? As far as I can tell, the best beasts are just Cave Bears; every other powerful wild animal seems to either be the wrong race or is only dangerous in groups.

Well, with so much customization, I think I'll throw balance out of window :lol:

Even without customization, the randomization of game mechanic might introduce severe penalty or great boon. In my current game, I got TWO lv 1 champions with merchant skill. So I got +8 gildar / turn, since turn 2! I became power house in no time :lol:

Is the Beastlord trait any good? As far as I can tell, the best beasts are just Cave Bears; every other powerful wild animal seems to either be the wrong race or is only dangerous in groups.

- all kinds of spiders, black widows, ravenous harridans, hoarders etc.
- silth skats, lizard like creatures that have special attack that does double damage - hits really hard
- great wolves, their howl spell increases everyones damage by the amount equal to his level. Having a high level GW in your army can be truly devastating
- umberdroth, a mean death machine. High hp, defense and attack makes him one of the most sought after. He also has the overpower ability which multiplies his damage if unit he attacks consists of multiple units. Pity it's so rare.

Spiders should be the first ones on the capture list. Their ability to entangle enemies with webs is especially useful for capturing other beasts since the spell has a long (10 turns) cool-down - kinda important if that umberdroth you finally found has resisted your attempt or you want to capture more than one creature (I once captured 2 silth skats out of 3 using 4 harridans as a support for my sov).

Also, you don't need to pay wages to your beasts, and your cities are free to build improvements instead of units.

It's very a costly spell though, 40 or so mana so you need cites with essences to enchanted with meditation, harvest as many shards as you can etc.

Won my second game over the weekend, Master Quest victory on Hard difficulty. Pretty easy with my new custom civ- Trogs w/ Archer, Luck & Wanderer bonuses. Leader was Wealthy, had the +3 attack bonus, the +10% research bonus, +1 bonus level, Armorer profession and was an earth adept.

Do the challenges for the Master Quest change depending on the playthrough? I thought it was too simple in my game- find the quest, kill some darklings, kill a few ogres, finish off the quest by killing some dude on a dragon (he disappointingly went down in the first round of combat to a couple of Juggernauts). I had 19 cities and five Epic-strength armies; I deliberately held off taking out the final AI just to see how the quest resolved.

I'll probably try for a Tower of Mastery or whatever win next, although it seems like a kind of passive way to win. The reality that I seem to find myself at war with half the AI long before I could win any game, and the fact that AI refuse to make peace until I've relieved them of almost all of their cities, means that all my games seem to transition into budding conquest victories by necessity.

The reality that I seem to find myself at war with half the AI long before I could win any game, and the fact that AI refuse to make peace until I've relieved them of almost all of their cities, means that all my games seem to transition into budding conquest victories by necessity.

Yeah, that's the one big thing I don't like about this game, peaceful co-existence is pretty much impossible. Whenever I check foreign relations I see that everyone is at war with everyone. Why this setup of "empires vs kingdoms" is beyond me. Should have named it Elemental: Total War.

i don't know gekko, i enjoyed warlock a lot more and the upcoming armageddon dlc looks very interesting. i get the whole HoMM IV vibe from E:FE, well its even worse because in E:FE most mechanics are mediocre on their own and don't come together into one experience. i have a decent rpg game, a decent 4x game and a weak tactical combat game.

I haven't played Warlock.

hehe ... I'd be playing Warlock if it was free for me as well. ;)

Where does it cost 20$?

Only looked at steam and there it is 30€.

30 euros sounds like the price ... maybe there will be a sale at some point, not sure >.>

But, I do know that other than those that got the game for free, a goodly number got the game for a discounted price.

Just got into FFH2 and MOM cause my system has been overheating with more recent games and love it. Just bought Fallen Enchantress, its downloading now. I agree with Gekko, I owe Kael for the awesome mod/world he created with FFH2.

after you've gotten familiar with FFH2, try out Naval AI mod and Erebus in the Balance

50% off sale on steam.

Only 19.99 to buy

Top Bottom