Wainy's Let's Play Deity - Svaltalfar playthrough

Im afraid i cant do that w/o directions. I'll also make a final attempt to explain myself :crazyeye:

When i click on a unit, it becomes the active unit. it asks me what i want it to do and all. i can control/click on many units on the same tile and have them stacked. The icon of the unit(s) i click on to do this, does not match the unit model, but is instead the default one, ie the common male scout.

Im afraid i cant do that w/o directions. I'll also make a final attempt to explain myself :crazyeye:

When i click on a unit, it becomes the active unit. it asks me what i want it to do and all. i can control/click on many units on the same tile and have them stacked. The icon of the unit(s) i click on to do this, does not match the unit model, but is instead the default one, ie the common male scout.

I thought it was always this way, are you sure you ever saw the right button there (I assume you mean the buttons over the unit action buttons, like spells)?

If i understand you correctly, yes, that is the icon i mean, which acts as a button to give orders to a unit. I havent had this issue in vanilla, FF, or Rife. (well, in Rife, the pictures of units in the tecnology tree and in the city screen where the gereric ones, but i cud get used to that, it wasnt confusing). So then maybe it is the mod after all :(
Oh well, no chocolate for me, vanilla only..
Thank you very much anyway :)

EDIT: I dont understand why wud those be changed, since they already existed in the base game. How do u call this button, so i can make a request?

First of all, i cant thank you enough for helping me. I finished a game last night on monarch and it seemed so easy even for me, so i had high hopes for a new game under MNAI. Tho i dont miss civ4 at all, i remember reconing my shores all the time, for fear of a naval sneak attack, id like that in ffh too ;)
Don't get your hopes up - the AI still sucks, just less so.
Ive also been reading abit about Eitb, it has some very nice changes indeed, but being a Svart fanatic, i think that stripping racial promos when under HN severely damages Alazkan, tho i might need to try that 1st and not jump to conclusions (sounds very good for mp tho).
The elf racial promo only gives double forest move (IIRC) so its hardly a nerf.
Ive read the said thread about the succession game, but i dont even know what it means, nor PBEM, cant find those acronyms in the wiki.
Succesion game? This is when a group of players take it in turns to play a bunch (normally 10, but more in the early game) of turns, each reporting it.
PBEM=Play By E-Mail is a in-game multiplayer function (which comes from base civ4) whereby each player plays a turn and then emails it to the next player (each controlling different civs). Its generally used for slower-paced games or duels.

If i understand you correctly, yes, that is the icon i mean, which acts as a button to give orders to a unit. I havent had this issue in vanilla, FF, or Rife. (well, in Rife, the pictures of units in the tecnology tree and in the city screen where the gereric ones, but i cud get used to that, it wasnt confusing). So then maybe it is the mod after all :(
Oh well, no chocolate for me, vanilla only..
Thank you very much anyway :)

EDIT: I dont understand why wud those be changed, since they already existed in the base game. How do u call this button, so i can make a request?

Can you paste pics?
I'm not sure quite what you mean, this is what I get(?):

Did you not download the media pack or something?

Thx very much for the info, wow, succesion games? Sounds fun for experts.
About Alazkan, if he also loses comando under HN, he can no longer strike-run-back-to-safety as he does in my games :p But i got an installation error for Eitb anyway, reading in RB to find out how to solve this (i got this Program Files x84 thing).
Anyway, about this button, first of all, i dont have media pack, my laptop is very old and i thought i sudnt burden it more.
I tried to get a screenshot using the prt sc, didnt work, but even then i need to know how to upload it here.
The screenshot you have posted shows what im talking about, but i havent played the elohim so im not sure if the axeman icon there differs from the elohim axeman model, but i think it does (i also see a common warrior icon there).
So, is it the lack of media pack that causes it?

EDIT: In the personality disorder succession game thread, and in the 2nd screenshot, you can see that the icon of the dwarven settler is the correct one (matching the model) and not the default. You can also see a large model, just above the unit info box, just like in vanilla. That is exactly what im talking about.

Ah I see - I've no idea how to solve that though.

Alkazan WON'T lose promotions, just the rracial one.

Thx very much for the info, wow, succesion games? Sounds fun for experts.

Not just experts, anyone who likes to learn and play with others in a cooperative setting.

Oh, you mean the little square picture? I haven't had that problem...the media pack is supposed to just be movies, so its not that.

Is it before or after MNAI that the issue occurs?
You should report it in the bug thread regardless (as opposed to detailing this thread ;))
I agree with keich though, SG are for everyone - I'm definitely not an expert.

Top Bottom