Brave New World: New Wonders

The Panama canal and Three Gorges Dam (China) had some art work done for them in Vanilla - found thru datamining...

I think, if they were going to be included, they would have done so by now.

I think many of the new wonders seem oriented towards the new requirements for cultural victory.

So far we know half of the wonders. Here are the other halfs I think will be presented in BNW:

1. Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, or Mt. Everest (more natural wonders)
2. Panama Canal (very large trading canal, also, Panama could be a CS)
3. Brooklyn or Golden Gate Bride, or Empire State Building (why not? they can generate a lot of tourism)
4. idk. maybe a dam like the Hoover Dam or Three Gorges Dam

The one wonder, I think, that MUST be included in this scenario is the Silk Road.

I know its not a real building per se, but it still was one of mankind greatest achievement. The Silk Road made both the Europe and Asia(and everything in-between) cooperate on a grand scale. And it will fit perfectly with the new trades route concept.

I can even see the benefit it could give: Silk Road:, give an additional trade route and a free caravan.

Or something like that.

I think its impossible to predict what they will have in there. I mean, they included Potosi as a natural wonder, and that place is both insanely obscure to non-South Americans and really not that amazing a place to visit.

umm what? Potosi was pretty well known. It's not an amazing place to visit, but the fact that the mountain is made entirely out of silver ore means something, probably the only such mountain in the world.

After mentioning Broadway, what could benefit great musicians, I think Hollywood might be an option, to benefit artists.

As a Dutch guy I would like to see The Delta Works, what keeps us safe from wet feet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Works

The Borobudur also has potentional, it is a famous landmark.
Also for Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, still unfinished.

But if they keep the sense of humor in the game, that pyramid shaped hotel in North Korea (I forgot the name of that) would be funny, it was standing there for decades with a rusty crane on top of it.

The BNW banner of the Official Civilization website seems to be an amalgamation of various new splash screens - The Motherland Calls, Globe Theatre, Borobudur etc. It also has the Oriental Pearl Tower on it. Maybe we're finally getting that as a wonder?

Okay so 1 U.S. (Broadway), 1 Russian (TMC), 1 British (Globe), 1 Indonesian (Borobudur), 1 Italian (Uffizi) and 1 Greek (The Parthenon). Nothing from Africa there...what about the Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela, and finally the LHC to give us a modern, science-oriented wonder?

Okay so 1 U.S. (Broadway), 1 Russian (TMC), 1 British (Globe), 1 Indonesian (Borobudur), 1 Italian (Uffizi) and 1 Greek (The Parthenon). Nothing from Africa there...what about the Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela, and finally the LHC to give us a modern, science-oriented wonder?

You mean aside from the Hubble Space Telescope in G&K?

Top Bottom