Your Favorite Leader Theme Music.

ImperialChaos

President
The music composed for Civilization V, except perhaps Baba Yetu, has come along way. Some leaders now have fully orchestrated music blasting as your troops invade their territory. So whether peace or war; which is your favorite leader theme music?

My personal favorites: Carthage's War Theme or Sweden's Peace Theme

Carthage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbUkB2XI3c

Sweden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOuGIDfr24g

Both of these songs are epic in nature; and Sweden's is profoundly beautiful towards the end.

There will be no poll as there would be too many options to choose from.

Peace: Mongolia
War: England

Most of the themes are very nice, but the two above are my favorites.

I don't think there are any that stick out as not being good, the soundtrack for this game is just really great in general.

I love Washington's themes especially just because it's a song I recognize immediately and the arrangements are excellent. America the Beautiful is burned into my brain to the point I can really appreciate how they twist it for the war theme.

England's war music is awesome. Nothing else in the game comes close.

As for peace music, at the moment I quite like Sweden's - very jolly-sounding.

For the war themes...so many. Standing out to me are the Dutch, Huns, Ottomans (SO BOMBASTIC), English and French themes, but pretty much all of them are awesome.
My favorite peace theme is that of the Celts. Its just so...peaceful, relaxed sounding.

Peace: Mongolia
War: England

Most of the themes are very nice, but the two above are my favorites.

Yes! England's war themes is fantastic as well. Sometimes I declare war of Elizabeth just to hear it :king:

It makes me sleepy :mischief:

Funny story about that actually, I was playing as the Celts and the peace theme was playing. I pull up the volume a bit, go through my turn, relax a bit...
INKA RU NAKKU NAKKA! Pachacuti's screen pops up. His voice is LOUD when you don't expect it. (note im just going by phonetics, I have no clue what he actually says) Made me appreciate the serenity of the theme even more.

Funny story about that actually, I was playing as the Celts and the peace theme was playing. I pull up the volume a bit, go through my turn, relax a bit...
INKA RU NAKKU NAKKA! Pachacuti's screen pops up. His voice is LOUD when you don't expect it. (note im just going by phonetics, I have no clue what he actually says) Made me appreciate the serenity of the theme even more.

He actually asks if his long hair makes him look like a women.

On topic, the Celt's theme is more disney-esque and peaceful than the others. Seeing as Boudicca set Roman cities ablaze it's quite ironic actually.

Sweden's peace theme is superb. I like it when I get Gustavus in my games, i like his music and the sound of Swedish.

Of course it is England's war theme! I play as Elizabeth a lot and love it when the opponents plinky plink theme finishes and mine roars out...but it makes your Civ behave aggressively!

War: Gustavus, Elizabeth, Suleiman
Peace: Gustavus, Genghis, Attila
(Ironic how warmongers have nice peace themes)

Peace: Gustavus
War: Gustavus

Though, my favorite Civ 5 music of all is Viking Fury:
...\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\DLC_04\Sounds\Streamed\Music\Scenario Music\

Amazing! :viking:

Ironically, this was my favorite Civ 4 tune:
Viking Scenario

Followed by this one:
Pacal Leader Music :love:

Top Bottom