New Hands-On Gameplay Preview (Morocco/Indonesia, Tech Tree, & more)

Moderator Action: It would be best to leave the Venice discussion to other appropriate threads, and leave this thread for all the stuff revealed in the video.

I noticed that the Temple of Artemis was touted as a "new wonder" - and then realised that I obtained that in the wonders DLC, so it must have been added to the expansion. Is it one of the eight - or are there eight new wonders plus this?

Artist/Writer/Musician Guilds are National Wonders. +2/3 GPP, and 2 slots that give 3 GPP and 3 Culture. Interesting. Louvre becomes available by opening exploration and Uffizi by opening aesthetics.

And for whoever thought that Autocracy is going to be weak, they have a tenet that allows Armor units to ignore enemy ZoC.

I love how Poland comments about how Morocco is winning culturally:

"Our people are now buying your blue jeans and listening to your pop music. I worry the rest of the world also succumb to the influence of your culture"

I love how Poland comments about how Morocco is winning culturally:

"Our people are now buying your blue jeans and listening to your pop music. I worry the rest of the world also succumb to the influence of your culture"

The touch of humor was like I was playing Civ4 again. :lol:

Lightning Warfare sounds interesting, Armor units get 15% attack bonus plus 1 movement and ignore zoc. With late wars dominated by artillery and Bombers I prefer the mobile armor and that will make it incredibly mobile.

Seems to be a lot of interesting stuff in each ideology and its more freeform, could be fun. Wasn't all that excited by aesthetics just piety culture with nothing new being exciting. Exploration is just a water SP or for culture games with its access to hidden artifacts. I was happy to see you could trade artifacts, allows peaceful players to gain the diversity they need.

Between WC voting, trade routes, RAs, and artifact trading there will more to do with friends and more reason to have them. Hopefully that is translated into Ai's valuing friendship more. If so building a bloc could be quite fun and rewarding.

Great Portuguese voice acting on Pedro by the way "Deveremos prosperar através do comércio?"

Not only they got the accent right but they did more than that: it is slightly European Portuguese-ish, in a very formal tone, which would be the way Pedro II spoke. I wonder how Maria sounds...

Moderator Action: It would be best to leave the Venice discussion to other appropriate threads, and leave this thread for all the stuff revealed in the video.

My, I don't get this forum. We have a video with the two new policies trees and all the ideologies revealed, plus the complete combined tech tree and a number of other things, and half the posts are about a civ that isn't even revealed. :rolleyes:

One odd idea they may have gone with is to have them as a Civ geared to act as a one City Civilization. Basically, a playable city state. It's been suggested before and would fit with the "pro Civ" description we got previously.

I think I'll go through all the city states and check to make sure I've not missed anything.

Funny, I dreamt last night that the "Pro Civ" is going to be a one-city Serbia.:lol: Doubt it will be true, but hey, you heard it here first!:p

Great Portuguese voice acting on Pedro by the way "Deveremos prosperar através do comércio?"

Not only they got the accent right but they did more than that: it is slightly European Portuguese-ish, in a very formal tone, which would be the way Pedro II spoke. I wonder how Maria sounds...

I didn't like the acting on this part, Pedro just sounds completely different from the meeting speech. The phrase also didn't sound very natural.

Also, the video seems to be playing some of the new Leader Music (quite briefly of course)

My, I don't get this forum. We have a video with the two new policies trees and all the ideologies revealed, plus the complete combined tech tree and a number of other things, and half the posts are about a civ that isn't even revealed. :rolleyes:

You can get in trouble for replying to mod actions in public. If you have a concern, I recommend you PM one.

Berber Cavalry looks to be the 34 strength new UU.
Gets bonus in desert and Maroc territory.

Btw, Morocco + desert folklore + Petra + Kasbah.... Oh my... :crazyeye:

Berber Cavalry looks to be the 34 strength new UU.
Gets bonus in desert and Maroc territory.

Btw, Morocco + desert folklore + Petra + Kasbah.... Oh my... :crazyeye:

Petra has been speculated to have changed.

Just watched it; awesome video! Thanks again!

Though, next time, please slow down a bit more when revealing tooltips and scrolling down lists. ;)

Top Bottom