New Hands-On Gameplay Preview (Morocco/Indonesia, Tech Tree, & more)

so the appearance of Cahokia rules out the Mississippians as an option for the native american civ. sucks because they were my number 1 native civ. looks like the Sioux are likely to be filling that slot (alphabet theory and the fact that they are well known), although i can still hope, as i feel that they are overdone. also, there is ALMOST NO WAY that venice is not in after seeing those colors. seriously, i know some people dont want it but at this point arguing is stupid. (and yes i am aware that i am being somewhat hypocritical given my desperate clinging to somebody other than the sioux for no reason other than personal preference.)

would the axeman unit fit as a UU?

so the appearance of Cahokia rules out the Mississippians as an option for the native american civ. sucks because they were my number 1 native civ. looks like the Sioux are likely to be filling that slot (alphabet theory and the fact that they are well known), although i can still hope, as i feel that they are overdone. also, there is ALMOST NO WAY that venice is not in after seeing those colors. seriously, i know some people dont want it but at this point arguing is stupid. (and yes i am aware that i am being somewhat hypocritical given my desperate clinging to somebody other than the sioux for no reason other than personal preference.)

Sioux seems likely due to their being in the game previously (sort of)
But Seminole and Shawnee also work... plus it could still be Pueblo (but no Pope as leader).

would the axeman unit fit as a UU?

I think it works if the civ is Shawnee or Seminole, but maybe not so much if it's Sioux.

A Seminole civ could sort of rope in the rest of the Mississippian culture group if they really wanted. I would have though calling the civ "Muskogee" would work better... but that doesn't work with the achievement listing thing.

The Shawnee had a big role in the war of 1812... and a fun UB could be the Serpent Mounds... but culturally overlap a bit with the Iroquois.

I think it works if the civ is Shawnee or Seminole, but maybe not so much if it's Sioux.

A Seminole civ could sort of rope in the rest of the Mississippian culture group if they really wanted. I would have though calling the civ "Muskogee" would work better... but that doesn't work with the achievement listing thing.

The Shawnee had a big role in the war of 1812... and a fun UB could be the Serpent Mounds... but culturally overlap a bit with the Iroquois.

I was thinking that a Shawnee UU could be the Red Sticks. They were Creek allies of Tecumseh who started a civil war against the American-aligned Creek bands. They got weapons from the British and painted them red.

Of all the NA tribes I wouldn't like the idea of both of them being eastern.

I was thinking that a Shawnee UU could be the Red Sticks. They were Creek allies of Tecumseh who started a civil war against the American-aligned Creek bands. They got weapons from the British and painted them red.

I take back the overlap with the Iroquois too... the Algonquin tribes (which is what the Shawnee are) actually were at war with the Iroquois tribes often in their history.
Which makes Shawnee a little more plausible in my mind too.

More than "sort of". There was a Sioux civ by that name in Civs II and III - the Civ IV civ was renamed "Native Americans", but was still essentially the same civ with a Sioux leader and UU.

More than "sort of". There was a Sioux civ by that name in Civs II and III - the Civ IV civ was renamed "Native Americans", but was still essentially the same civ with a Sioux leader and UU.

Sioux weren't in Civ III, the Iroquois were.

it just says "A Kasbah can only be built on a Desert Tile". no mention of flood plains in the UIs description at all

Moderator Action: As a reminder, we have a thread devoted to various possible Italian civs (including Venice), in addition to the general thread for speculating about the remaining civs. Please use these for discussion of Venice!

Venice has only the most tangential of relationships to what is revealed in the video here. So please do not talk about Venice in this thread (or, for that matter, in other threads to which it is only tenuously relevant).

But Seminole and Shawnee also work... plus it could still be Pueblo (but no Pope as leader).

If the Seminole make it as a civ, my little Florida State heart will flutter.. I will do the tomahawk chop and sing the war chant in celebration. The Seminoles never surrendered to the U.S. :king:

In other news: thank you for this video. I'm jealous of you and your job.:lol:

My one question would be if you could clarify on the espionage system you spoke of? I'm disappointed with the current system because so many people tend to steal things from me no matter what I do, as I only get so many spies. Can you build spies again? Are there details about the espionage system we could know about?:king:

The new building on Flight is the Prora wonder.
To this and the other folks suggesting that the icon under Radar is the Airport and the one under Flight is something else: now that we know what the whole tech tree looks like, there are only four unknown items that could be buildings or wonders: the items under Metallurgy, Flight, Radar and Telecommunications. The known buildings/wonders unaccounted for are the Airport and The Motherland Calls. The Motherland Calls statue was erected in 1967, so Radar in the Atomic era seems about right; Flight is a WWI tech, so this seems too early (and the yellow icon looks nothing like the wonder painting). Metallurgy is way too early and Telecommunications is way too late (not to mention the fact that the icons look nothing like Motherland Calls).

So if the blue icon under Radar is the Airport as some are suggesting, then where does The Motherland Calls go?

Whats going on with Assur using the Zulu Icon in city list on left ?
It's been captured by the Zulus. Come on, you're not even trying. :D

It's been captured by the Zulus. Come on, you're not even trying. :D

:blush:

I ask for leniency from the jury :

1) This is somewhat offset by the fact I rated Assyria as the strongest civ in the "strongest new civ in AI hands" thread.

2) I fully acknowledge I'm caught up in the new info madness. Long day at the office, and lots of new info. I'm actually excited, and its a weird feeling for someone my age.

Top Bottom