Assyria - Science & Siegecraft
Brazil - Pedro's Party People
Indonesia - Kris Crossed
Morocco - Desert Defenders
Poland - Policies & Ponies
Portugal - Crazy Queen
Zulu - Africa's Asskickers
France - New & Improved

While indonesia is certainly the most interesting culturally speaking IMO, Assyria is the most interesting from a gameplay POV, without a doubt.

Part of my thinks that Assyria's ability should be something that everyone can do but as it stands right now it and France are still the most exciting for me. I can't wait to lead the French Revolution to spread its love of liberty, equality and fraternity.

Morocco is sounding really cool ATM. Trade and culture bonuses, designed for defense... I'm something of a culture-tortoise, so I'm looking forward to them

Today's reveals didn't change much for me. Portugal is still the civ I'm most excited about and it looks like it's not going to stay that way.

I still really like Portugal, but Morocco looks incredibly cool. I'll most likely be playing as them first.

Poland is mine no doubt.

Looking forward to Morocco and Assyria. But I'm just mostly excited about all of them.

I'm still a Portugal man myself, but I like Indonesia's UA. I'm going to try that second. Morocco third, then Assyria before going to Brazil.

I'm very happy Indonesia is in, but I mostly play Pangaea, and it turns out their trait could be completely useless on Pangaea, this is a bit of a downer, I might not like them a lot.

Zulu I didn't really need in the game, but their hybrid Impi looks interesting. I also like their colour, they could become a favourite of mine.

Poland might be a bit bland; I don't like bonuses much for which you don't need to do anything (free SP's).

Morocco looks cool, another civ with a special improvement. I think everybody likes special improvements, don't they? For me cool colours as well.

Portugal I love from Civ III, but this new Portugal has very late bonuses and possible a near useless UU. I actually like Maria, a bit of a shifty queen. Because of my weird taste I'll probably love Portugal anyway.

Brazil; also very late bonuses and very late unit. Not one of the first civs I'll play, but no dislike.

Assyria; don't like the leader much, and for some reason I haven't been focused much on this civ.

Difficult to pick one, probably between Morocco and Zulu for me.

Still voted France, but Morocco is a close second. Indonesia aren't exciting me all that much at the moment from a gameplay POV, but I'm pysched to see them in the game.

I wonder if the Kasbah will stack with the Petra bonuses (assuming Petra isn't being changed)? That would be insane.

I'm looking forward to play as all the civs, actually, but I think my first game will be with some of the old n' reworked civs. Don't know who. I also might play a hot seat game to test them all out and pick a favorite. Even though I'm Brazilian, I won't play as my country for my first real game. Probably Poland (I loved the flexibility of Solidarity! also, W. Hussars rule!), Indonesia (quite odd, but I was amazed by the random promotion of the Kris Swordsman and the UA seems nice) or Morocco (because I found the UA great).

Seriously, though, they are all awesome. Some of them look more boring than the others, but in the end they have fairly cool bonuses. I guess...

Poland > Indonesia > Portugal = Morocco > Assyria = Brazil >>> Zulu

... as for me.

I'm very happy Indonesia is in, but I mostly play Pangaea, and it turns out their trait could be completely useless on Pangaea, this is a bit of a downer, I might not like them a lot.

Zulu I didn't really need in the game, but their hybrid Impi looks interesting. I also like their colour, they could become a favourite of mine.

Poland might be a bit bland; I don't like bonuses much for which you don't need to do anything (free SP's).

Morocco looks cool, another civ with a special improvement. I think everybody likes special improvements, don't they? For me cool colours as well.

Portugal I love from Civ III, but this new Portugal has very late bonuses and possible a near useless UU. I actually like Maria, a bit of a shifty queen. Because of my weird taste I'll probably love Portugal anyway.

Brazil; also very late bonuses and very late unit. Not one of the first civs I'll play, but no dislike.

Assyria; don't like the leader much, and for some reason I haven't been focused much on this civ.

Difficult to pick one, probably between Morocco and Zulu for me.

Even in Pangaea there tend to be small islands (maybe 1-2 tile) islands that you can settle. It would be worth setting a city in those spots then for the extra happiness and unrazability

Top Bottom