PREVIEW: staznes XI

Then tell him that. That's all I'm saying.

I read it, and I think parts of it are completely unsuitable (space/WMDs in my opinion), but parts are somewhat plausible depending on what happens. Italy turning into a far more right-wing nationalistic state for example, over the course of many years, is definitely plausible depending on how he has it set up.

Another interesting article,

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-secret-war-infiltration-sabotage-devastating-cyber-attacks/5338882

In it they mention the use of cyber-kinetic attacks. They mean hostile computer controlled sabotage of infrastructure by use of computer controlled changes to the physical operations of a industrial facility resulting its its destruction.

Select quotes,

"The military has for years been developing offensive capabilities, giving it the power not just to defend the US but to assail its foes. Using so-called cyber-kinetic attacks, Alexander and his forces now have the capability to physically destroy an adversary’s equipment and infrastructure, and potentially even to kill. Alexander—who declined to be interviewed for this article—has concluded that such cyberweapons are as crucial to 21st-century warfare as nuclear arms were in the 20th."

"James Clapper, US director of national intelligence, for the first time declared cyberthreats the greatest danger facing the nation, bumping terrorism down to second place."

"The Army is reportedly treating digital weapons as another form of offensive capability, providing frontline troops with the option of requesting “cyber fire support” from Cyber Command in the same way they request air and artillery support."

Here's one that outlines how the US DoD directly calls out China for its use of cyberespionage, including on US military targets.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130619/C4ISR/306190017/DoD-Calls-Out-China-Cyber-Spying

Please note that there is no war declared as a result of these espionage activities. Indeed, trade has not been adversely affected one iota. This goes to illustrate the limited diplomatic response being generated from electronic espionage activities and may lay the groundwork for future political and diplomatic responses to these efforts in the NES.

I also wrote,

Military:

As a side-effect of our focus on computing, aeronautics, and hardened communications, Germany will take a leadership role in the development of pilotless craft. Despite this technological competence, the Luftwaffe will incorporate relatively few pilotless craft into its force compared to other powers. (This is a consequence of having seen the successes of the Streitkräftebasis optical cyber-attacks in intercepting and rerouting communications signals including those feeding from and into pilotless drones).

not realizing that an article had already examined this issue. If you are interested in the remote hacking of drones, consider reading,

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/12/darpa-drones/

Ultimately, its articles like this that have driven my OOC interest in developing cyberwarfare for my guidance of Germany.

How goes finalizing the rules and stats stuff Azale?
lurker's comment: Since he's apparently curling up in a little ball and moaning painfully after the outcome of last night's game...probably not well?

Then tell him that. That's all I'm saying.

I read it, and I think parts of it are completely unsuitable (space/WMDs in my opinion), but parts are somewhat plausible depending on what happens. Italy turning into a far more right-wing nationalistic state for example, over the course of many years, is definitely plausible depending on how he has it set up.

It's more likely that Italy breaks apart into separate states.

Which is also possible. Unlikely? Yes. As is the new Italian government he suggested.

History however isn't always about what is likely. Our own history is quite unlikely in a number of places, I don't see why NESes should be so different.

Which is also possible. Unlikely? Yes. As is the new Italian government he suggested.

History however isn't always about what is likely. Our own history is quite unlikely in a number of places, I don't see why NESes should be so different.

This line of logic isn't particularly appealing, nor does it apply very well to nouveau-fascist Italy.

Can we go with "It's boring and it sucks" ?

I'm not saying he should go with a nationalistic Italy. I wouldn't do it myself, and don't think it is a very good idea for a number of reasons. I'm just saying it's not as out there as I'm seemed to be picking up. But now, I will stop defending him and move on to other things. Like finally getting around to my own background at some point.

I'm not saying he should go with a nationalistic Italy. I wouldn't do it myself, and don't think it is a very good idea for a number of reasons. I'm just saying it's not as out there as I'm seemed to be picking up. But now, I will stop defending him and move on to other things. Like finally getting around to my own background at some point.
Defending folks can be a fine thing. :)

How goes finalizing the rules and stats stuff Azale?

I don't see a need for fleshed out stats until after the BT. My goal is to launch the thread this weekend and start collecting official BT orders soon after.

Moderator Action: There are times when being a mod sucks. This is one of them. I was hoping that the whole Azale/arya126 thing would work itself out amicably, but it hasn't. My pm conversation with Azale went nowhere.

Opening a NES here is opening it to those who want to play. Games are not fiefdoms for the exclusive use of those specially selected as participants. They are for all who want to play and are willing to play within the broad sense of "community" that we all enjoy here. Azale was unwilling to make that effort, so we all lose. As I see it, the issue centers around "who can control who plays" and allowing game mods to keep players out of games for personal reasons is inappropriate at CFC. Your comments/rants on the topic (and not the personalities) can be posted in WWW.

I apologize to those of you who were looking forward to this game. :(

Thread closed until further notice.

Moderator Action: I confirm that the non exclusionary policy stated by BirdJaguar above has been the policy of Civfanatics Forums since it's earliest days. Generally, threads in the public forums are open to all members, unless the poster has restrictions imposed by the site staff on account of his conduct. Thread starters have NO authority to choose or exclude posters. Excluding poster is a matter only for staff, on account of a pattern of posting problems.

:bump:

Japan's back in business!

It's ALIIIIIVE. That said, I don't think I'll be joining. But I look forward to see how the game develops. :)

I don't suppose it'd be possible for me to join in as Australia?

Top Bottom