SilliNES2: Pure Story and World Building NES Succeeding? PFFFFF, YEAH RIGHT!

I am starting Canonization Post right now. Additional posts OK, but wait for me to reserve next post please. Also, simply quoting something you want canon and saying "I support this" is also OK with me.

EDIT: You may post.

Canon Post Not Done

Spoiler All Attempted Nations :

Spoiler Current Canon Nations :
Not Done

Here's an idea. Mayans invented Magitech, which the natives use primarily. Punktech is more European. Maybe Swabian. Magic in general is real, as seen by the Catalonian Magocracy.

How exactly does magic work, or is it a freeform thing that we can use and shape and mold?

Swabia as the home of punk tech? I'm okay with that.

i support christos' wacky Bhutanese stuff because why not \/\/\/\/\/

Will someone quote my Bhutanese post and post "I support this"?

How exactly does magic work, or is it a freeform thing that we can use and shape and mold?

I guess it varies from continent to continent, America's magic being based around enchanting objects in a way which makes them seem futuristic (See the Particle Messarounders that the Aztech has). Asia's magic is based around beliefs, which plays a key part in the Neko's evolution. Australia is more or less the Eye of Terror, since Australia is a death world in real life anyway... Africa is unknown since nobody went deep inland, and Europe is simply 'No magic, only science!'

I dunno. You guys decide. However, I do envision Magic and Technology both being rivals and being compatible in different ways. Maybe the native Magitec Revolution and the European Industripunk Revolution are just two sides of the same coin.

EDIT: Via Moderator Fiat, "Industripunk Revolution" is now Canon!

Maybe the steam engines of Swabia-punk use some kind of magical combustion in order to obtain the incredible efficiency demanded of such machines!

Different from magitek which I guess can be imagined as a "magical motor," where magical energy directly translates to kinetic force. In Swabia-punk, magical fire (?) burns enchanted coal (?) to produce kinetic force.

Magical motors would be more efficient, but produce less force overall, requiring magitek-based machines to be more carefully designed. Swabia-punk steam engines would require a lot of fuel and large, bulky designs, but in all would be able to produce larger amounts of force. Sort of a handheld gadget vs. a locomotive sort of thing.

Howsabout it?

Further details on the Greater Kongo Kingdom:
Their religion isn't just animism. It's occultism worshiping a giant demon squid named Cthulhu, and how he one day will come back and destroy the non-believers. Maybe you've heard of him. Additionally, some of the people of Kongo have developed scales and gills, and human sacrifice of virgins to the sea grants the worshipers certain magic abilities.

(Was going to add more to this but I'll wait until the Canon update)

Form EF125-Class B for the Right to Mercantile Practice for a Foreigner

Applicant: Robert Canton of the Albion Union

Submitting Agent: Economic Officer Rank-7, A. Tangei: E-9371

Approval Agent: Economic Officer Rank-4, K. Olloin: E-8932

Status: The Applicant has successfully filled out all necessary forms in triplicate. Foreign Observance Agency has determined that the Applicants desires for Mercantile Rights are purely of a business nature, See file Canton R-F21. The Committee of Economic Affairs has determined that any cargo that may be produced by the applicant would have minimal negative effects on society.

Verdict: APPROVED. The Applicant is free to dock the vessel Northern Grace with in the Freeport facilities. The Applicant is free to participate in mercantile actives with licensed merchants within the city of Freeport. Applicant has freedom of movement within the city of Freeport but may not leave the city with exception of when the Applicant is leaving on the vessel Northern Grace to return to the Applicant's homeland.

Form EF125-Class B for the Right to Mercantile Practice for a Foreigner

Applicant: Robert Canton of the Albion Union

Submitting Agent: Economic Officer Rank-7, A. Tangei: E-9371

Approval Agent: Economic Officer Rank-4, K. Olloin: E-8932

Status: The Applicant has successfully filled out all necessary forms in triplicate. Foreign Observance Agency has determined that the Applicants desires for Mercantile Rights are purely of a business nature, See file Canton R-F21. The Committee of Economic Affairs has determined that any cargo that may be produced by the applicant would have minimal negative effects on society.

Verdict: APPROVED. The Applicant is free to dock the vessel Northern Grace with in the Freeport facilities. The Applicant is free to participate in mercantile actives with licensed merchants within the city of Freeport. Applicant has freedom of movement within the city of Freeport but may not leave the city with exception of when the Applicant is leaving on the vessel Northern Grace to return to the Applicant's homeland.

Robert Canton cracks a grin at he reads over the papers he received from the Andeninan government as he walks along the port. Finally! He says, as he wave the papers at his crew, I got the papers, we are now able to conduct trade with Freeport!

One of his fellow crewmembers, rugged but with a hint of charm, goes over to pat him on the back, Well, ya slain that damn maze of terms 'nd conditions, couldn't done it betta than yoo. I'll pay for ya drink at the tarvan! He mutters loudly, raising his empty personal mug into the air. Robert pats his arm to get him to lower it.

Now now, Drago, we shouldn't go off getting drunk, we still have a day getting the cargo for Northern Grace.

Aye, but ye know me, I'm always DRUNK!

Robert couldn't resist a chuckle from Drago's outburst, True, but I rather not, I wouldn't want to get scammed or misread one of the contracts. That would surely give a bad reputation back at the colony.

Well, since ya wrote through the bleeding bureaucratic hellhole, ye can deal with the cargo, while 'n the meantime... Drago looks over to the crew, ...TONIGHT, WE FEAST ON BEER 'ND ALE! His words caused the crew to erupt in a wave of cheer, following him as he heads off to find the nearest tavern.

Robert just watched the crew follow Drago off to the tavern, shaking off his thoughts with a shake of his head, and went to store the form safely in the Northern Grace.

O dear... I was hoping for a single, united France. :(

Your have Aragon and South Italy yes?
North Italy. Occitania connects them.

I'd rather not split my territory, to be honest, and I see no reason Frace would have the exact same borders in this time line.

North Italy. Occitania connects them.

I'd rather not split my territory, to be honest, and I see no reason Frace would have the exact same borders in this time line.

While it could be a consideration I was hoping for a united France. It would not feel like a French Empire will only half of France. :(

We both have considerations hence.

Ok, Canon post as updated as it will get. In the future, I will do it differently. Instead of actually listing everything up, I'll just see if something has support in decent amounts or not, and if it does whether there is something concise I can quote, or if I should post a summary myself.

A France of just the northern half isn't all that bad. It'd still be a force to be reckoned with.

Arrowgamer and I are working on an Alternate Mediterrnean history. Are both of our civs in?

Mr. Ferguson's Trip to Tawantinsuyu
Part 1 of ????
'Twas a nasty day outside in Edinburgh when I stopped by the Rampant Lion Pub that Mr Ferguson was happenstancing to be reclining in. I settled in at the counter and ordered a bottle of whiskey and a sausage, and, having received such, retreated to my favored booth off to the side of the fire. I could'na see him at that time, as he was surrounded by a small crowd listening to his fantastic stories of the Aztechs.

He told tales of his trip (between swigs of whiskey) and the wonders he'd seen there. The crowd was buying every damn word of it. I meandered over, if just to see what all the ruckus was about.

"Aye, and then we saw the Grand Temple. Yah heard of the "Pyramids" down in Kemet? Well I heard those were a few hundred feet high. I tell yah, these here in Tenochtitlan must've been at least twice that, maybe more. And they were covered in gold!"

Now I'd been down to Kemet with the navy, a few years before, fighting the Corsican Empire, and I'd seen these Pyramids. I couldn't believe there could be any structure built so big, and I says so to Mr Ferguson. He nods, and says, "Well, I wager a sausage from the bar that they didn't cut mens' hearts out upon 'em to bless their machines."

At that point, the whole crowd gasped. Now, what with the navy and all, and having seen the end of the Intrepid debacle, I didn't doubt his word. I then said to him, "Mr Ferguson, why'd you go?" "Business," he replied.

Now about an hour later, the crowd had died down a little, and I was sitting by the fire. At that moment, Mr Ferguson came and sat beside me.

"You a navy man?" he asked.

"Aye," I said.

"I did say that it was business, didn't I?" he continued.

"Aye, ya did," said I.

"You see, I've invented a most spectacular rifle. Having presented it in Europe, I found that they were, shall we say, disinterested. So I turned my prospects abroad."

"Did ya?" I said.

"Aye. Hence my trip to the empire of the Aztechs. And I tell ya, they received it much better than they did over here. So I've got planned another trip, to a land they say is just as magical."

"Is that so?" I asked.

"Indeed. Given your navy experience and your nonchalance about my tales, I have half a mind to include you on this voyage."

"Aye. I'll join," said I.

A tall, dark, foreigner sat himself beside Mr Ferguson. I noted that he had a foreign-cut of clothing, in a black and white checkered pattern. I also noted a golden colored medallion of an 8-pointed star upon his breast.

Mr Ferguson gestured towards the newcomer. "This is Usco," he said, "and he will help us when we arrive."

"And where may we be heading?" said I.

Mr Ferguson grinned.

"Ever heard of a land called Tawantinsuyu?"

Spoiler :
the rifle is intended to be a more reliable version of this

Top Bottom