SilliNES2: Pure Story and World Building NES Succeeding? PFFFFF, YEAH RIGHT!

Errr.... The native Americans are the creators of Magitech, they are kinda high tech right now, and none of us have ever mentioned "proper" magic in regards to our nations.

Those are the meso- and South American nations. I meant the tribes like the Wampanoag or the Sioux or the Haida.

#Light just refers to prevalence and ease-of-use. It doesn't make magocracies or mage-filled societies impossible. You can still have magical Asia and magical Sioux because of whatever reasons (religious fervor, more in tune with nature, whatever) even if magical is, in general, a strange and difficult-to-tame phenomenon.

Cuthulu/Insanity is one reason why Magic is limited. Another would be like in the Inheritance Series, it literally drains you of life every time you use it. Light would mean magic is much harder to do, gives less effect for same effort, and has a lower "maximum" power output.

However you guys work it out is good with me.

On another topic, the Necrocracy post also spoke of outside powers. To what extent are Outside Powers going to be important? Obviously, they can affect the course of nations. Are they more Cthulu-esque, or more like a Greek Pantheon? Can they be defeated by Mortals?

Outside Powers (in my idea) are not really important, as they don't regard Earth as all that important, and I would think that they are a mix of Cthulu-esque abominations, but can take a "unnatural" human form with a heavy amount of effort. As for being defeated by mortals... I would say that they can be defeated, but it requires a huge amount of effort/dead bodies to get that far.

I would also like to support Grandkhan's Necrocracy, if only because having a giant empire of living/dead slaves would be one of the most horrifyingly beautiful things to fight against or fight with in the NES itself.

Waiting for China to be confirmed as canon before doing anything interesting with it. :dunno:

Cuthulu/Insanity is one reason why Magic is limited. Another would be like in the Inheritance Series, it literally drains you of life every time you use it. Light would mean magic is much harder to do, gives less effect for same effort, and has a lower "maximum" power output.

Here's an idea. Maybe Aztec Magitek literally works based on sacrificed life force. Talking about that ceremonial sacrifice being used to make magical bloodstones, infused with tons of magical energy!

Waiting for China to be confirmed as canon before doing anything interesting with it. :dunno:

Well, you would need to wait until tomorrow then. The more you post the more interesting it is. The more interesting it is the more likely others will comment on it. the more likely others will comment on it the more it will be Canon.

@ Others: Please don't take what I say as law. If I want to, I will say "blah blah, Moderator Ruling blah blah".

I support the China! :D

this actually makes for a good and logical compromise, I change my vote to this

So the West and the New World is developing Magitek while the East is delving in to the art of Magick?

I like that.

Supreme Sinosphere Prosperity Pentagon

The Prosperity Pentagon is the most supreme and divine of all earthly societies! All citizens of the Prosperity Pentagon are lucky to be ruled over by the Prosperity Council and its unending Most Prosperous Bureaucracy. The Supreme Technocrat is elected every five years by the Prosperity Council to be the Face of the People and represent the Sinosphere Prosperity Pentagon to the world. Its supremacy is unmatched and unbounded, pushed ever onwards by the great works of its many scientists, engineers and magicians, who all serve the people. For the people, by the technocrats, towards nirvana!

Ideology of the Bhutanese State:

I have written this essay to present the ideology of the Bhutanese Empire. The Bhutanese Emperors and their people have always believed that they are the center of the universe. Those who surround them are considered to be Barbarians. All civilization that exist outside of Bhutan are considered to be inferior to Bhutan. The ideology of the Bhutanese state is that Bhutan is the place between the Heavens and Hell. Hell is where the 'Barbarians' live.

The Emperor is considered to be the Son of Heaven and the representive of Buddha on earth. So, he is divine and no one can question his authority. Buddhist Monks have huge influence in the country. Bhutan has the largest number of Buddhist monasteries on earth. Lhasa is the capital of Bhutanese Buddhism and the Emperor pays a visit to Lhasa at least once every year.

Bhutan is divided into 12 Provinces, ruled by a Governor. Each province is divided to 20 Duchies, ruled by Dukes. The Governors are relatives of the Emperor, while the Dukes are friends of the Imperial Family. All other state officials take office only when they manage to pass tests on Buddhist Philosophy.

Bhutan has a huge army of 300,000 men. However, the majority of them are either archers, swordmen or cavalrymen and the Empire lacks rifles and has only 60 cannons. So, the Bhutanese military doctrine is to defeat the enemy by huge numbers alone. Also, the rugged terrain of Bhutan helps to defeat any invaders.

Bhutan has a long history of Opera. There are many Opera houses all over Bhutan. Most Operas have eithe to do with legendary heroes or the life of Buddha. The history of Opera in Bhutan is 3,000 years old. Also, calligraphy is considered a great skill in Bhutan. While other countries focus more on mathematics and physics, Bhutanese culture focuses mainly on calligraphy.

Bhutan is also known to be a very peaceful Empire. The Bhutanese Emperors follow the teachings of Buddha and use their armies only for self-defense. The Emperors of Bhutan have to follow the teachings of Bhudda and many of Bhutanese Emperors are known to be Saint-Rulers, looking more about the welfare for their people than to enjoy the pleasures of the court. Also, many Emperors write books about Bhuddist Philosophy.

The Ostrian World Press
Lazy day, all day.
Magical Asia:

Eisen Europa is one of the trade partners of the Prosperity Pentagon, but for some reason, when cargo arrives to Europa, the traders refuse to return, and when cargo is sent to the Pentagon, those traders never return. Arthur Eisen is worried that the Prosperity Pentagon isn't all perfection as it says it is. The Albion Union have the same story to tell.

The Albion Union is one of the best trade partner of the Kantō Domain, hence how the former's capital seems to have a stable amount of the strange Nekos. However, Europa had signed a treaty on it's creation which disallows trade between them and Kantō, along with the fact that no Nekos are allowed to enter their territory informally in the threat of life imprisonment. This is in spite that some Germans do not mind the Nekos, so some blame Arthur Eisen for being a Xenophobe to a huge degree. Eisen didn't reply to such statements yet, so it is unknown for now if he hates Nekos or not.

All at home:

The Necrocracy to the East brings worry to both Europa and the Union, along with other European nations. Some say that if the Necrocracy attacks Europe, both the Union and Europa would throw their disagreements behind them for the defense of their lives, like the Invasion of the Aztechs.

I support Aztechs, Europa, Swabia, Stafia, Aragon and Phoenecia. Aztechs as Mr. Jorge Khan's residency, and the rest as Kongo trade partners, despite the fact they're a little put off by the human sacrifice and Cthulhu worship.

Ehh, I'm not so hot on human sacrifice.

For Magic, do you mind if Phoenician magic is somewhat similar to Magic the Gathering (ie the color pie?)? If so, Phoenician magic is mostly blue with some white and some black magic and I will make another post with all of the magical details.

Top Bottom