pre-SKNES III: SKNES3_TITLE Missing Localization!

Yea, I'd like some clarification on the name just because it sounds weird :p

I have a fallacious and probably flawed reasoning for the naming, and it's due first to the Spanish discovery and longtime control over the region, for which I gave it an arbitrarily interesting sounding Spanish name, Línea Costera, and then I just changed it a bit completely arbitrarily from there. My apologies. If you can provide a Francophonization of that, or a better, name, I'd actually appreciate that loads.

Is Francophonization even a word????

I'd prefer it be called Alabama, if you're going to use an actual name.

I'm no expert, but maybe

Linais Coçéra

My reasoning for not using Alabama was incredibly personal and rather unreasonable. I suppose if that's the way people want it to be, I must acquiesce to their demands.

Nah, it's your country and SK's NES. I was just curious what flavor you were going for.

Well, despite being a Louisiana puppet, they undoubtedly had an established culture beforehand that carried into the naming.

Just my opinion.

Well, despite being a Louisiana puppet, they undoubtedly had an established culture beforehand that carried into the naming.

Just my opinion.

That culture would be either African-American or Louisianan French though. OTL, the region that is today called Alabama was part of French Louisiana until the 7 Years War. In this TL, the French kept the region until the Americans took it relatively recently, and then took it back and established a state for freed slaves.

Funnily enough, if you really want to give it an OTL name you could call it the Republic of Yazoo.

TTL the land was split between Spain, Britain, and France until its seizure by the newly independent CAS.

I'll say now that my idea had some planning and research behind it and wasn't completely arbitrary.

I think the correct term is "Francicize," though admittedly that is only slightly less awkward to say. Gallicize is, I think, also an option.

Gallicize is also awkward, and I still like saying Francophonization

My plans are paralysed for the moment until I get a response from Prussia. ZeletDude?

Dude, the thread's not even up, how can you be paralyzed if nothing's actually started yet?

I am stating here that Great Britain will not be handling any diplomatic messages until the stats go up. So please refrain from sending a PM until then. Thanks.

Those that have sent messages will get a response when the stats go up. Thanks.

Top Bottom