NESPolitik: In the War Room (Sign Up and Discussion Thread)

I did say he was granted estates by the governor. Unless you want me to go into more detail?

Yep I missed it. Sorry about that. If you want you can specify where your estates are, but you don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Golden1Knight: Your application looks good! Don't know how I missed you in the first round of reviews!

@SouthernKing: Great app!

So far the people who have joined:
germanicus12
cpm4001
pole475
Tycho
Ophorian
Popcornlord
Grandkhan
SouthernKing
Golden1Knight

Anyone else who may have shown interest or said their were joining, but hasn't submitted an application will need to do so before they are considered part of the game.

Glad you like my application Dot80! Sometimes i like playing the bad guy :p

I will fix up my application in about 48 hours when i am in front of an actual computer.

After seeing the map and considering my location. I hired a cartographer to draw dots and list all the holdings of the Jones family for your records.

Let me know if you have any issues. All family members currently reside in the Estates at Jonestown.

Sadly I drastically underestimated the amount of homework I had. I won't be able to get the update up today. Pushing the start date to Wednesday.

I am finishing up the update now, and will be creating a new in-character thread. Any sign-ups after this will not be considered landowners or part of parliament initially. I will update the rules soon with how new players will sign up.

FIRST ISSUE OF THE NEW YORK POST

Spoiler :

I'll be posting these here as well as in the social group. Gives everyone an idea what is happening in game.

dot80, can I request that you add a link to the library in the OP of the game thread? It would make accessing it much easier :)

Wondering if anyone has any questions/suggestions/concerns. I noticed it slowed down there a bit (partly my fault due to being too busy to post and spur some conversation). I assume it will also take some getting used to on everyone's part before the game (hopefully) picks up. If you have any questions, or feel your not being provided enough information just say something. I'm trying to keep things as real as possible. So for instance, no numbers or specifics on things because there hasn't been funding for anyone to research the economy, take census of the population, or record information on a national level.

On a separate note, just want to put it out there that I am in search of someone who would like to co-gm. Responsibilities would mostly be that of taking control of some NPCs, writing for newspaper and other media publications, and helping to develop new issues for the players to face.

If it at all possible, could I change my family name?

I could create an in game reason for such a change if it would help, I realized I wanted another name but I was drawing a blank creating a format out that I forgot I had such a family saved for such an NES. Just found it 2 days ago, but had not been able to get online since. I hope that since the NES is still just getting started it wouldn't be an issue.

I will be back online in 24 hours. Again sorry if this throws a in anything.

Note: The family itself will not change, the number and names of children, the background story and the ages will remain the same.

No problem. Just PM the name you want to use and I'll just change it in my spreadsheets. You may also want to go back and edit the name in previous posts you have made. No better time then early on to make changes like this.

Just looking at the free actions and stuff, are we in our first "session" right now, or are we in some sort of prologue?

You could say both. Technically speaking you are only representing your respective regions in a more powerful Colonial Assembly. You have however been given total power to decide what will happen in the future of the colonies, and are effectively governing until a time if/when you decide the government should be run differently. I've tried to give players the most freedom possible in setting up the start of the game in a way that you all can decide how the government will operate the rest of the game with the support of the NPCs. So even though I have set it up as I have, you all can change how a unified government (or even a split one) will operate. After this first phase however, you will more than likely not enjoy the benefit of unanimous support on the part of the NPCs for you decisions. In that respect I would say its a prologue, because now is the only time that you all will have such a freedom in deciding what will happen in terms of government (at least without some sort of opposition by NPC groups).

Strictly speaking "Parliament" is probably not the right descriptor for the current government. My intent was that everyone would feel free to act both legislatively and executively in running the country, and over time a structured system of the executive, the legislative, the judiciary, and the bureaucracy would form based on need to get things done.

Just so everyone is aware. My family name has changed to Dashwood.

Top Bottom