COTM116 Byzantines - Pre-game discussion

i wanted to double-check what the Hagia Sophia will do all good for us... it says amongst other things "increase Luxury trade" - really? like a market, or in which way? i do not believe there is another building which has this effect.
t_x

i wanted to double-check what the Hagia Sophia will do all good for us... it says amongst other things "increase Luxury trade" - really? like a market, or in which way?

Yes, like a Marketplace it makes more happy faces appear next to the Luxuries. It should also provide happiness and has some happy faces next to it, but that feature seems not to work. We had a similar problem earlier, didn't we?

in the Indian game, yes. interesting feature, anyway. will the lux get increased instead or in addition to the effect of a marketplace? i am curious if i will be able to see that in the game...
t_x

Increase Luxury trade is supposed to work just like a market with happy faces for each luxury (according to the editor help). If it is not working I do not know why.

Increase Luxury trade is supposed to work just like a market with happy faces for each luxury (according to the editor help). If it is not working I do not know why.

It seems to work. Citizens get happier.

But the four extra happy faces, another effect of Hagia Sophia, appear only in the list of Buildings. They don't seem to affect citizen moods. This appears to be a bug in the program.

As far as I know, the effects of the Hagia Sophia remain even if you switch out of the Republic civic. It is only required to build it.

I'll copy and paste my reply given in a later forum.

"It appears to be creator error. I write down the changes as I make them and I will not intentionally leave out a rule change.

In early design and testing I had given Theodora Industrious as a bonus to the human and Masonry for the tech. My reasoning was that seafaring would have a very minimal effect on this map. It appeared to make things too easy, so I removed it. When I was preparing the final save, I noticed it was still popping up on the splash screen at start. What I found was that I had only removed the tech from the scenario settings. So I went into the rules and apparently unchecked seafaring instead of industrious. Thus the 2 movement curragh and the faster worker. The techs themselves are independent of the civ traits. I completely missed the clue that the worker was completing tasks faster than normal."

Top Bottom