Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

does anyone have a definitive answer on this? the question being :)p) Are Converted Natives able to become military troops of any kind, and if so how?

Yes - train them to learn a profession. Then erase their specialty. They then become ordinary colonists.

Yeah, but if they're normal colonists, they aren't Natives, and thus don't get the native bonus.

However, they can be trained to learn another trade, and they can also be turned into soldiers and found colonies and become missionaries.

Am completely new to Colonization (and Civ IV, as well). How do you get a colonist to harvest resources from a tile? Does this automatically happen when they joint a settlement adjacent to that tile?

Thank you!

Am completely new to Colonization (and Civ IV, as well). How do you get a colonist to harvest resources from a tile? Does this automatically happen when they joint a settlement adjacent to that tile? Thank you!

Open up the colony screen (by double clicking the colony name) and drag your colonist to a tile. A list of options will open up for you to select from. eg farming, wood chopping, mining ore etc depending on what resources are available at that tile.

Do city ruins give any production bonus? Upon improving a tile I got a message that that'd destroy the ruins, but I was under the impression that ruins only had a cosmetic value.

You're right, no bonus for city ruins.

No way to use the fat cross.

In the city screen, under Governor, there are two checklist type things when you click imports/exports. Could anyone tell me what those do? Thanks in advance for the answeres.

In the city screen, under Governor, there are two checklist type things when you click imports/exports. Could anyone tell me what those do? Thanks in advance for the answeres.

Use that to setup automated trade routes for ships/wagon trains to move goods.

So whenever a wagon/ship w/ empty space comes into that city, it'll load all but x lumber/coats/silver/etc onto the wagon/ship?

That sounds pretty useful.

Another thing I found, is on the last (right-most) end of the F1 screen it says trade routes. Also not sure what that is, as I've never seen anything there (on the screen before that, at least I'd seen symbols and stuff before).

Quick question, why is it that I only see one European nation besides my own if I start on a small map? Is that due to map size?

I can open the editor in-game, but how do I open it as a separate program so that I can design map layouts?

And is it possible to place Indian villages?

I can open the editor in-game, but how do I open it as a separate program so that I can design map layouts?

And is it possible to place Indian villages?

I think if you select their civ in the editor you might be able to.

Welcome to the Forums. :beer:

Top Bottom