my colonist auto change jobs

k_town

Chieftain
my colonist auto change jobs!!
I can't get them to stop.I tried hitting the button to lock them into jobs and using the emphasizing and de-emphasizing,Yet turn after turn i spent way too much time putting all my colonists back to where i want them.And the weird thing is their being auto put into really stupid jobs that end up loosing a resource that i have emphansized to make a resource i have de-emphansized.
Is this just the way the game is?I'm not new to Civ but i've never played this before.And although i think i have a pretty good grip on how this game works,but it's too frusterating having to re assign all my colonists in many of my settlements every turn.

Or could this be a bug?

Just hoping someone might be able to give me some advise how to fix or idea to make this not happen so much.

I never use the auto placement option. Instead I just drop the colonist onto the colony square I want him to occupy and choose which job I want him to do. Once I have placed a colonist manually (and without the automatic setting selected!), he stays put and does what I want him to do.

You shouldn't need to use the emphasize option if you have locked your colonists into their jobs. However they may switch to auto if there is an outside influence on that tile. If an enemy ship approaches your coast it may cause your fishermen to flee inland. If you have two colonies with overlapping territory then changing the position of your field workers in one colony can have an effect on the workers in the other colony.

You shouldn't need to use the emphasize option if you have locked your colonists into their jobs. However they may switch to auto if there is an outside influence on that tile. If an enemy ship approaches your coast it may cause your fishermen to flee inland. If you have two colonies with overlapping territory then changing the position of your field workers in one colony can have an effect on the workers in the other colony.

ya,i only tried using that as a way to stop them from changing.
I've only been playing this game for a week so i've got things to learn.But i never had people changing jobs like my last game it was so bad i just quit.Took me 10 mins a turn just moving people around.
thanks though ,maybe i was just doing something wrong.

yeah i was gonna say th emost likely cause would be enemy's crossing ur land/sea and dislodging them...

ya, not sure who would be my enemy's though if i'm at peace with everyone.

like for instance i played a game yesterday and had 3 settlements,all were doing well but suddenly 2 of them kept putting my food peeps(fisherman,farmers) and putting them in the carpenter spot and middle spot for bells.Which wouldn't be soo bad cep by doing this my settlements were losing food each turn.so i'd go straighten them out and before i could even finish my turn they'd switch back again on me.No matter what i did ,it would just go back they way the computer wanted it.IMO it make the game completely unplayable.What's the point in locking units if the computer can override it any time it likes.

OK, here's something to check. Next time you have a problem have a close look at the colony screen to see if any of the tiles has a red circle around it. That means the tile is unavailable to that colony for some reason. If you have a white circle it means you have a colonist working there, and no circle at all means the tile is available to you.

Or you could post a save game and I'll have a look at it.

Top Bottom