Total War 1941 -1945 ToT scenario released

There's nothing more frustrating that trying to implement what you hope will be a revolutionary idea and discovering it's doesn't work. There have been many times in the past were I've had to adapt or compromise on concepts I hoped might work.

When I first read your Battle of Midway thread I immediately thought it would be difficult to get the AI's naval forces to behave in a consistent and coordinated manner. Unfortunately, in CIV II the naval units of an AI power tend to act on an individual basis.

The only possible solution I can think of to prevent the Japanese air units trying to go back to base is to create a second map and to place your Japanese city on it (I don't imagine you need more than one for this scenario). Thereby the air units on the carriers won't have any place to go and will be compelled to remain onboard. The only possible alternative to getting the naval task force to work in a coordinated manner would be to use 'MoveTo' commands but I fear that would only get you so far.

Thank you Tootall. I should have realized that, there is a good reason that why even the world's best experienced CIV2 modders didn't make much scenarios for air-sea battle:( Though yes I shall have a try of the method you suggested.

And, I just realized that, there is another reason that makes sea battle boring: the lack of influence from terrains and related tactics. I wonder if I can change the graphic of "plain" into "calm water" and "hill" into "storm" and use change terrain event to make it "live"...this may need too many events though, just brainstorming(in better words, kidding)...:p

Top Bottom