94.1 KB · Views: 260
LOL still wont work

then changed it back and still

I get this now

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 376
.ini is the configuration setting. it is there. try taking out your A.S. .ini and change the name of Settler.ini to Ancient Settler. Boy, I'm going to have to go back and re-install just to have all this fun again.:crazyeye:

This might prove helpful. What's your native language, Mr. wazzzuup?

Then, just to start, could you please post in English instead of pseudo-leetspeak so we know exactly what's happening?

Ok, sorry!

So I just can't get the mod to work so can you guys take me through this once more, step by step and that would help alot. I'm sorry i'm new to this and the civ3 forums.

100th post!

Take the Ancient Setter folder out (the whole thing) of Rhye's. Find Settler then copy/paste into Rhye's. Then rename both the folder and the .ini to Ancient Settler. The configuration settings file is the .ini.

YAY! Thank you guys so much, I just didn't delete the whole folder, just pasted the files into it!

Thanks again and sorry for all that:)

Hello all! I have a problem with this mod as no matter what civ I begin as, the game crashes directly after I settle my fourth city. I do not understand how this happened as originally the game allowed me to settle more than four times (it still crashed randomly after I entered AD, but it was far more bearable). I have deleted and downloaded this mod just in case I accidently altered something, but the result is the same. Please help, after playing this amazing mod regular civ has lost its appeal... I need to find out how to fix this! Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi guys. I'm trying to download this mod but the hosting server is down. Does anybody here's got a mirror or can someone upload it for me?

Thanks!

Mostly for respecting his copyright, you should try contacting Rhye, he's still more or less around.
Cheers!

Hello all! I have a problem with this mod as no matter what civ I begin as, the game crashes directly after I settle my fourth city. I do not understand how this happened as originally the game allowed me to settle more than four times (it still crashed randomly after I entered AD, but it was far more bearable). I have deleted and downloaded this mod just in case I accidently altered something, but the result is the same. Please help, after playing this amazing mod regular civ has lost its appeal... I need to find out how to fix this! Thanks in advance for the help.

This right here. RoC seems to be everything I ever wanted of Civ3 but this bug is preventing me from playing it more than you would a demo. It's frustrating like nothing else.

I also have this other error which makes a lot of text all jumbled. See pictures: https://imgur.com/a/cQHe9
I don't know if these two errors are related.

(Non-expanded version seems to work fine. Haven't tested the crash-bug yet, though.)

This right here. RoC seems to be everything I ever wanted of Civ3 but this bug is preventing me from playing it more than you would a demo. It's frustrating like nothing else.

I also have this other error which makes a lot of text all jumbled. See pictures: https://imgur.com/a/cQHe9
I don't know if these two errors are related.

(Non-expanded version seems to work fine. Haven't tested the crash-bug yet, though.)

I followed an instruction previously I can't remember where but it is permissions issue with the installer or a x64 issue due to the age of the installer.

Anyway the fix is this.

Specify a directory like a folder on your Desktop. Complete the setup. Copy and Paste the Scenarios folder over the top of your existing one overwriting all files. No more 4th City crash.

*Edit* After a 2nd playthrough this didn't appear to work. I have no idea why, sorry. I do hope someone finds a solution as there's no error message or anything just fades to white then straight to Desktop.

*Edit 2*

Following this guide and using the No-Raze patch worked perfectly. No messed up text or 4 city limit crash.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=545904

Top Bottom