Another WW2 scenario

Thanks. That was a fun one to put together. A nice break from ww2 also.

Oh yes I have been meaning to talk about your greco-persia mod. Could you disable the tech race in it and make it so sea and embarked units can cross ocean tiles, because it counts the Mediterranean as the ocean.

I did not think seaborne invasions from the balkan pennisula toward the Egyptian coast was very plausible back then, so I put in ocean tiles to make it tough to do that.
I could be wrong about what it looks like though, so I'll take a look at the map again when I get the chance.

What problem is the tech race causing? Too fast? Too slow?

I did not think seaborne invasions from the balkan pennisula toward the Egyptian coast was very plausible back then, so I put in ocean tiles to make it tough to do that.
I could be wrong about what it looks like though, so I'll take a look at the map again when I get the chance.

What problem is the tech race causing? Too fast? Too slow?

I just feel like it shouldn't be there, I can get crossbowmen in 500 B.C. which doesn't seem right to me.

But Mediterranean dominance was possible back then if i am not mistaken.

Hello, I followed your instructions and all seemed to be going well (save one thing I'll mention in a sec) until I go to start a game. When the speech bit about your nation, etc comes up, the sound flickers on off and then the whole thing CTD on me.

The one thing that seemed out of the ordinary was the map selection. The map I chose was called "WW2 F.E.C." and when highlighted said "Giant Earth Map 180x94 features WW2 1939 Final Version". I have a feeling this is the wrong one but it was the only valid one I could select. There was another map highlighted in red called "Maps/World War II Giant Earth Main..." (Couldn't see whole name) and when highlighted said "Invalid Map File"

Thank you for your time and my apologies for being a noob.

Hello, I followed your instructions and all seemed to be going well (save one thing I'll mention in a sec) until I go to start a game. When the speech bit about your nation, etc comes up, the sound flickers on off and then the whole thing CTD on me.

The one thing that seemed out of the ordinary was the map selection. The map I chose was called "WW2 F.E.C." and when highlighted said "Giant Earth Map 180x94 features WW2 1939 Final Version". I have a feeling this is the wrong one but it was the only valid one I could select. There was another map highlighted in red called "Maps/World War II Giant Earth Main..." (Couldn't see whole name) and when highlighted said "Invalid Map File"

Thank you for your time and my apologies for being a noob.

did you load it in map editor?

-open map editor
-load the map saved in part 1 of the mod (in maps)
-to get sure you load the right one playing next time go to "Description" and change map name and description (shown if you curse over the map)
-then save in your "Maps" folder

I next time you start a game you'll be sure to choose the map from the mod by identify it by your unique name and description.
Loading the map directly doesn't go, too when I want to play I have to do that way, too...

Would someone lend a hand?

No mod will load, yes I've done all that is instructed. Is there a port I need to enable?

The SDK says it installs... the files are installed but Steam never changes status of the application from Not installed. So I cannot use World Builder as instructed in the above Assertion error.

I don't understand why that assertion error is still occurring, seeing that I changed the map completely :wallbash:... I guess that is another error I will never know the cause of then.
Also, I could not find a solution to the "Civ 5 has stopped working" crash I ran into earlier. Not sure if anyone else has seen it occur as well. My suspicion is that there is simply too much data for the program to juggle. Having used such a large map, I can't say I'm too surprised if that is indeed the case. Definitely disappointed though.

I was really hoping this last version would work properly, so I'm quite frustrated with Civ 5 at this point. I'll be taking an extended break from upkeeping this mod as a result. A lot of obligations at the moment too, so there is simply not as much time for it anymore. I'll continue to check in here in the meantime though.

As far as the issue above with World Builder not installing, it sounds like a problem with Steam. In that case, I don't think I can be of much help.

mine wont see part 2 its int he right folder just like part 1 part 1` is installed but it wont see part 2 any ideas?

If you're getting the Civilization 5 has stopped working error message, verify the integrity of the game cache. It worked for me and I am happily "Raping" Nanjing now!

mine wont see part 2 its int he right folder just like part 1 part 1` is installed but it wont see part 2 any ideas?

Is it the actual folder for the mod that isn't showing up, or is it the install file?
If it's the install file that isn't showing up you can get around that problem by following the instructions I posted in the troubleshooting section of the Opening Post. It's right below the part about overcoming the assertion failed bug. Another thing that may sound dumb, but if you have a lot of mods installed you may just need to click over to a second page of mods to see part 2. I've done that before myself, which is why I mention it :D

If you're getting the Civilization 5 has stopped working error message, verify the integrity of the game cache. It worked for me and I am happily "Raping" Nanjing now!

That's interesting. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance then, and hopefully it will fix it. Thanks

'Assertion Failed' it persist after I did the recommended steps.
It is very surprising for me because it points to a non-existing directory in my root 'c:\guild....F_array.h'

The assertion failed error is inexplicable. As far as I can tell that directory is nonsense. Perhaps something civ 5 creates and uses only temporarily while the game is running.

Viewing the map with World Builder and then saving it as a new map file should work based on the success of other users (see dlmt3 above). So I think you might not be doing it correctly.
I recommend that you delete the old map file after you create your new one. The idea is to prevent any confusion when you are in game selecting the map to play on.

If you have questions about using WB to do this, post exactly what you're doing that results in the assertion failed error continuing to show up. I'll check it and see where you are going wrong, assuming that is the case of course.

Can someone translate into easier english or just say what exactly to do? I can't understand because have not the best skills in english language...
Is this the solution for the problem, game stops at playing (cursor-globe gets lost, changes to arrow)???

Doesn't seem to be working for me so far. Here is what I did:

1. Open Steam Library
2. right click on Civ 5 on top left list
3. select properties
4. select "local files" tab
5. click "verify integrity of game cache"

At this point steam begins checking game files, and increases slowly/steadily to about 14% through. It then jumps to 42%, 57%, 65%, 85%, 100%. It prompts that 1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired. Steam then does a very short download and prompts that it finished downloading civ 5.

I've done this about a dozen times now, and it appears to be the same outcome every time. Very strange... Anyways, after doing this a few times I figured I would give my old game as Germany a go and sure enough it still crashes at the start of turn 15 :(. I'll keep looking into this a bit more and see if it's possible to get the dang validation to complete.

There seems to be a lot of references to this repeating validating the steam cache nonsense that date back to around release day for Civ 5, and yet zero solutions have ever been offered. The threads tend to either just die off without a solution, or the TC finds that something else fixed his problem.

I suppose at this point the proper way to test whether I still have a consistent crash is to restart the scenario and see if it comes up again. The problem with this is it's very time consuming, and I'm not even guaranteed to be able to keep playing if the stupid CTD does indeed still occur. I'll probably give it a try this weekend regardless.

I've done this about a dozen times now, and it appears to be the same outcome every time. Very strange... Anyways, after doing this a few times I figured I would give my old game as Germany a go and sure enough it still crashes at the start of turn 15 :(. I'll keep looking into this a bit more and see if it's possible to get the dang validation to complete.

Strange. I got over turn 15 at first time, playing as germany :crazyeye: I think it was about turn 30 that the game stopped between 2 rounds...

Hi
I just downloaded this scenario and have started playing as Japan. For whatever reason all of my ships and tanks are upended: the fronts of the units are sticking straight down into the land/sea and the backs are sticking straight up in the air. From the other units i can see (mostly Chinese) it appears that this is happening to all of the units on the map. Has anyone had this problem or know any way of fixing it?

That's pretty bizarre. My guess is something is wrong with your common folder. Try redoing that part of the installation.

I do not know if this can be linked with the "Civ 5 has stopped working" CTD mentioned before, but, in my present game as USA, such a CTD systematically occurs when i build/buy the Avenger torpedo bomber.
I also got (the same ? At least with the same symptoms...) CTD when playing as UK. Maybe caused by the AI building the Avenger ?
I tried the "verify integrity of game cache" method, steam detected and corrected 2 files, but the CTD persists.

Top Bottom