Modder's Documentation

I'm not sure how to do this. If I download each song manually and place them in the appropriate folders, will it work? Because even though my prehistoric folder has every song I put in it removed, it still seems to be broken. I would prefer to download the entire folder if possible, but I don't think it is.

I get 'buginit' -something. Are you familiar with this error?

Isnt that a Run As Admin error??

Anyways here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23762092/Sounds.zip

Mouthwash, did you get your sounds back?

For some unknown reason (explored and confirmed by Afforess) the game sometimes "forgets" where movies are. There is only one known fix for that
  1. All movies must be in the Art/Movies folders. That is one of the Wonder, Natural Wonders, Hero or Intros folders
  2. All movie art defines must be in the file in zMovieFix

Movie format

While dds format works it does not display the statistics at the end of the movie like bik (bink) format does. I use the shareware product RADTools to convert jpegs into bink format.

For some unknown reason (explored and confirmed by Afforess) the game sometimes "forgets" where movies are. There is only one known fix for that
  1. All movies must be in the Art/Movies folders. That is one of the Wonder, Natural Wonders, Hero or Intros folders
  2. All movie art defines must be in the file in zMovieFix

Movie format

While dds format works it does not display the statistics at the end of the movie like bik (bink) format does. I use the shareware product RADTools to convert jpegs into bink format.

I'll get on that immediately

I wonder if someone has a list of all the existing xml tags(What they do, If they are requied...) in c2c.

OK i just got the Monte Verde and its still coming up as a Blue screen, and i put the dds in the core movies/wonders area??

That definition should be in the movie defines in the zMovieFix file. However I don't get a picture when I open that file in gimp so there may be something wrong with it anyway. I have that problem with a couple of the dds files.

That definition should be in the movie defines in the zMovieFix file. However I don't get a picture when I open that file in gimp so there may be something wrong with it anyway. I have that problem with a couple of the dds files.

OK i moved ALL of them(XML files) to your zMovieFix and i still get a blue screen??

Dont know if this helps, but here is a list of all python that contains the word movies.(pic 2)

I tried looking at those dds files in gimp but I get a blank image there also. I think they may be in the wrong format.

If people can provide me with a jpeg formatted version I can convert them into a bik format.

I tried looking at those dds files in gimp but I get a blank image there also. I think they may be in the wrong format.

If people can provide me with a jpeg formatted version I can convert them into a bik format.

Thats easy to do, you said you have a Win 7 correct.

Then it should already have MS Paint as a image viewer?? when you click on the dds file, just go to the top title menu area and click on image, then send to editor, there's your file just save it as what ever format you want.

btw you are correct, they are listed as dxt 1 should be 3.

Thats easy to do, you said you have a Win 7 correct.

Then it should already have MS Paint as a image viewer?? when you click on the dds file, just go to the top title menu area and click on image, then send to editor, there's your file just save it as what ever format you want.

btw you are correct, they are listed as dxt 1 should be 3.

No MS Paint wont open them either.

Admin permissions perhaps?

JosEPh

It says it does not support that format.

I thought you knew how to override that, let me see,

Right click on the dds file, go to "open with" and choose DXT Malipular, then make sure you choose this as its chose to open further ones.

MS Paint says it cant read the format those dds are in. It can read some of them eg the religion ones. What is DXT Manipular?

<rant on>Last night before going to bed I had most of the fix for the Colonist and Pioneer working. This morning none of the c2c python is being loaded!<rant off>

Top Bottom