Audio Quotes

Hydromancerx

C2C Modder
Darrinus from You Tube has been nice enough to offer his help in getting audio for the tech quotes. I will be using this thread to post the quotes for him and to give him a place to post his audio files.

Note if anyone else is interested in doing audio files please let us know.

List of Finished Tech Quotes
- Trench Warfare
- Surrealism
- Deep Sea Exploration
- Herbalism
- Tattoos
- Language
- Grand War
- Nomadic Lifestyle
- Automatic Weapons
- Humanism
- Photography
- Quantum Physics
- Theory of Relativity
- Agricultural Engineering
- Aviation
- Compulsory Education
- Marxism
- Modern Sanitation
- Counting
- Geometry
- Poultry Domestication
- Television

I might be interested in audio in the future, I do excel in public speaking and have good speaking skills..

but as last resort I use this to narrate documentaries for class:

http://www.sitepal.com/ttswidgetdemo/

Use Paul (US) as the speaker.

type the text and record the voice with Microsoft Sound Recorder (type recorder in Start Menu to get it). You might need to change your Speakers to "stereo Mix" in control panel..

Hydro what do you think of this?
As a last resort of course..

Edit: shouldnt have removed the commas

Link to video.

@MrAzure

No offense but I would rather have a real person speaking if we can get it.

Darrinus said he would and he has a good voice too (which is why I asked him).

Also please help out with the techs that do not even have their own text quotes.

C2C - Tech Quote Thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11552577&postcount=24

It will be your job MrAzure to update the tags within the techs for when new text quotes are added.

I am sure you have some great ideas for some too since you already made many for your new Trans-Human Era techs.

@MrAzure

No offense but I would rather have a real person speaking if we can get it.

Darrinus said he would and he has a good voice too (which is why I asked him).

Also please help out with the techs that do not even have their own text quotes.

C2C - Tech Quote Thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11552577&postcount=24

It will be your job MrAzure to update the tags within the techs for when new text quotes are added.

I am sure you have some great ideas for some too since you already made many for your new Trans-Human Era techs.

Oh no offence taken, a real human is the BEST option. Darrinus is perfect. Just mentioned that as a very last resort.

I thought all the quotes for the previous techs were done..ill go ahead and add some..what about Pedias?

@Gnarlo

Thank you for doing this. I must have passed over this in all the chaos of the forum. One thing I noticed is there is no "Ping"! I am not sure how well you can edit your sounds but you could possibly add a tech "Ping" at the beginning of your quote? Here is an example quote with the ping and just the ping.

Attachments

• ding.rar
    16.8 KB · Views: 183
@Gnarlo

Here are 5 more for you to do.

Surrealism
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Paul Bradford (from The Dungeonmaster)

Deep Sea Exploration
"'Earth', funny name for a place that has over two thirds of its surface covered in oceans, lakes and rivers. Planet 'Water' would be more accurate." - Michael Turner

Herbalism
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself." - Bob Marley

Tattoos
"If your tattoos could remember and speak why they were conceived what would they say? Moreover, would their purpose be fulfilled in the future or forgotten as your road of life experience transitions like a pendulum?" - Robert Merriweather

Language
"Language is not only the vehicle of thought, it is a great and efficient instrument in thinking." - Humphrey Davy

Thank you so much for doing these!

Here's the next 5, sorry it took a couple days, had a sick wife :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7l3nq6cw6nqstz

Nice, short and simple, best thing is you did the quote from the quote itself, nice, and again thx.

I'm willing to help out if that is okay.

Just tell me how you want it done and what format it should end up being in.

d/l the above and see what he did, thx for asking, if you have an "accent", it would be nice also.

Now remember para-phasing on certain words works the best also, rather than the same tone of voice for each audio file, JFYI everyone.

Nice, short and simple, best thing is you did the quote from the quote itself, nice, and again thx.

d/l the above and see what he did, thx for asking, if you have an "accent", it would be nice also.

Now remember para-phasing on certain words works the best also, rather than the same tone of voice for each audio file, JFYI everyone.

I have the standard Canadian accent. Well, I think it is standard. :p

Top Bottom