Audio Quotes

Here's some sample files for the quotes (except Druidism, which I kept fluffing), recorded by yours truly. What do you think?

Attachments

• Combat Sports.zip
    59.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Grand War.zip
    72.3 KB · Views: 130
Here's some sample files for the quotes (except Druidism, which I kept fluffing), recorded by yours truly. What do you think?

Sounds good to me, but you forgot the "ding" in the beginning of each :rolleyes:

Allow me to rectify that!

Attachments

• Quotes with dings.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
Allow me to rectify that!

ahaha, sounds great now, thx, and if you see any more that i missed, and i know i have, please feel free to make them and put them here, thx:goodjob:
Oh yeah i forgot (no spaces), i will fix that in these so thx.

So, I cleaned up the audio in my earlier recordings and added my user name to the properties of each file. I also did a bunch of other quotes, including Leonardo's quote for Feline Domestication, as that one seems to play a quote about dogs.

Attachments

• C2C quotes 1.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • C2C quotes 2.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
Incidentally, I found out today that the Yoruba technology is missing its entire tech pop-up screen, let alone its audio quote.

The new Mining quote needs to be renamed to Mining2, otherwise Leonard Nimoy's voice plays instead. :)

I've also noticed that you have exactly the same quote and sound file for Atlatl Making as you do for Spear Making, so I've included an alternate sound file if you want to vary things up a bit. I've also included sound files for each of the tech screens pictured below.

Attachments

• Missing Tech 2.png
    Missing Tech 2.png
    382.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Missing Tech 1.png
    Missing Tech 1.png
    405 KB · Views: 128
  • C2C Atlatl Spear.png
    C2C Atlatl Spear.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 204
  • C2C quotes 3.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • C2C quotes 4.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • C2C Quotes 5.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
The new Mining quote needs to be renamed to Mining2, otherwise Leonard Nimoy's voice plays instead. :)

I've also noticed that you have exactly the same quote and sound file for Atlatl Making as you do for Spear Making, so I've included an alternate sound file if you want to vary things up a bit. I've also included sound files for each of the tech screens pictured below.

Thx for all these, but IF you want to, can you include the updated XML files that are attributed to the sounds also, if not, thats ok, i can still do them, but i am, sloooow.:p;)

If you tell me how to, then perhaps; otherwise, not. :)

If you tell me how to, then perhaps; otherwise, not. :)

Look at the last SVN i just did, everything is right there, actually pretty simple, but i can only do 5-7 at a time.

Just want to point out, I recorded the quote for Atlatl Making. Then I realised the quote was about Spear Fishing more and was the same quote. So the one I recorded really should be for Spear Fishing, and Atlatl Making needs a new quote.

Ah, that chap is you? Oh well, C2C can always use my alternate file for Atlatl Making if they're really desperate. :)

Me and my friend (not 'pro' voice-over actor, but with quite good voice) recorded all quotes from Prehistoric era. Here is sample for "Adhesives":
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1vb0jnza1a8kfes/Adhesives.mp3/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c117gk7jv6i276j/Tech_MP_Adhesives.mp3/file

If you are ok and like our work, please let me know, I'll finish then Prehistoric era and we can record tech quotes form later eras. I didn't record any quotes from original Civ4, they are A1.

Does anyone have proper ding sounds (100% genuine)? As I'm concerned there are 4 of them. Thanks.

Me and my friend (not 'pro' voice-over actor, but with quite good voice) recorded all quotes from Prehistoric era. Here is sample for "Adhesives":

If you are ok and like our work, please let me know, I'll finish then Prehistoric era and we can record tech quotes form later eras. I didn't record any quotes from original Civ4, they are A1.
Sounds alright to me. ^^

At fellow modders:
Regarding the multiplayer tech sounds, I think it would be more sensible for us to simply use the SND_TECH_GENERIC (just the ding) for all techs in multiplayer.
Considering the quantity of techs in C2C, it makes imo sense to reduce system stress and mod size by not having two unique sound quotes per tech in the game.
Any thoughts?

Does anyone have proper ding sounds (100% genuine)? As I'm concerned there are 4 of them. Thanks.

Attachments

• Tech, dings.7z
    75.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
At fellow modders:
Regarding the multiplayer tech sounds, I think it would be more sensible for us to simply use the SND_TECH_GENERIC (just the ding) for all techs in multiplayer.
Considering the quantity of techs in C2C, it makes imo sense to reduce system stress and mod size by not having two unique sound quotes per tech in the game.
Any thoughts?

I'm in favor of that.

Good recording. I'd prefer it if we could leave those I've done in place but otherwise, we do need a lot of them redone IMO and this was good.

At fellow modders:
Any thoughts?
I'm a little surprised there's even one for MP, given that I never see a tech splash in MP at all. I'm cool with just a ding in MP.

Any chance we could get a button on techs in the pedia pages that would directly play the recording? Just curious.

Top Bottom