Unit Buttons Standardization

Ok I almost ended with ethnic unit buttons and now I want to start new project. I want redesign and refresh building icons. First I want to add in left right corner building main properity icon, then (if nessesery) change button graphic. Here are you can find sample buttons for 4 different types of buidlings.

PS. Ofcourse this project take some time and will end after v35 release.

Attachments

• preview11.jpg
    preview11.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 140
Ok I almost ended with ethnic unit buttons and now I want to start new project. I want redesign and refresh building icons. First I want to add in left right corner building main properity icon, then (if nessesery) change button graphic. Here are you can find sample buttons for 4 different types of buidlings.

I really really appreciate all your work. It gives the game a much more polished look and feeling. I can't wait to see these new building icons in game.

Looks good. I was wondering if it would be artistically valid to add a bit that shows the resource that some buildings give eg butcher gives raw meat. Given the size of the button you are working with I expect not.

Looks good. I was wondering if it would be artistically valid to add a bit that shows the resource that some buildings give eg butcher gives raw meat. Given the size of the button you are working with I expect not.

If only all resources have icons then i can try :)

@ Sparth and DH

Is there anyways we can change these around, the Great Hunter which looks like the ethnic type playing, and the Master Hunter which is the normal tracker and dog unit?? Or put the Ethnic unit with the dog, something like that?? But i hate upgrading right away to the normal tracker a white guy when its supposed to ne ethnic driven lately?? Did i make any sense here????

Not this version though . . .

@ Sparth and DH

Is there anyways we can change these around, the Great Hunter which looks like the ethnic type playing, and the Master Hunter which is the normal tracker and dog unit?? Or put the Ethnic unit with the dog, something like that?? But i hate upgrading right away to the normal tracker a white guy when its supposed to ne ethnic driven lately?? Did i make any sense here????

Not this version though . . .

I have plan to make some cleaning and fixing in models/skins after v35.

I got a problem with merging Ethnic Units buttons to core. After changing all paths in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml game still display standard buttons :/

I got a problem with merging Ethnic Units buttons to core. After changing all paths in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml game still display standard buttons :/

Can you give me a couple pf examples for i can check them out then, that way i can look, thx.

Currently im workin on builidngs buttons project but this take a while. Along with that im trying resize building textures and clean up Structures.FPK. 178 Mbs its too much :)

@Sparth

What happened to the cowboy looking unit graphic (not the icon/button) for the Outlaw? The Highwayman and Outlaw now look nearly identical now. Is hard to tell them apart and it seems out of place in the Steam Era. If you don't like the white shirt of the guy you could always recolor it black to look like a "bad guy".

Which civ you playing?

Top Bottom