Quick question

fab_floyd

Chieftain
about the last version of SVN...

the expantion of the rival civ's problem has been fixed?

thank you all :goodjob:

Um, could you be more specific? What issues with their 'expansion' are you having?

(Side Note: I play with Raging Barbarians, and the AI seems to dumb to be able to handle it, about half, if not more(One game, the barbarians killed every npc but me, making me win b4 bronze age even:p) die before hitting the bronze age.)

There have been recent reports in the bugs thread that there are problems with AI behaviour with expansion and not producing building / using units efficiently. Does anyone know if these problems exsit in the non SVN v35 as well? thinking of switching back to that but I had a -9 gold bug before I even built my first city...

There have been recent reports in the bugs thread that there are problems with AI behaviour with expansion and not producing building / using units efficiently. Does anyone know if these problems exsit in the non SVN v35 as well? thinking of switching back to that but I had a -9 gold bug before I even built my first city...

I think it was SVN 7911 that took care of the -gold at game start. It wasn't a "bug" but an annoying result of a new system implemented right before V35 release.

@ the Team,
That Preentribement(sp) Building (autobuilt) at beginning of game really needs to get cut out.

JosEPh

I think it was SVN 7911 that took care of the -gold at game start. It wasn't a "bug" but an annoying result of a new system implemented right before V35 release.

@ the Team,
That Preentribement(sp) Building (autobuilt) at beginning of game really needs to get cut out.

JosEPh

I was under the impression that that building was the fix for the -gold problem.

I was under the impression that that building was the fix for the -gold problem.

I don't remember why this building was added.
But it was possible to have negative FreeUnits at the start of the game. That caused -gold and i fixed this in the dll.

AI problems are not new. The SVN represents the best 'so far'. But a lot of work there is needed still.

Ok so AI is better on SVN than the previous versions? First time playing it so just figuring out where to start for a game I'll want to finish, content looks amazing from what I've seen so far but the only AI I've had contact with is barbarian cities in prehistoric era and they seem to be doing pretty well!

But it was possible to have negative FreeUnits at the start of the game. That caused -gold and i fixed this in the dll.

modmods forum/NewHandicaps Post 112.

Because of BlueGenie changes.

OK here is what i have for the pretribemain building??

OK, but the building is part of the new base maintenance stuff. iirc the building removes all maintenance for your first two cities but only under the first civics. Removing them/it will up your maintenance costs when you start the game. BlueGenie would know better as they are his solution to a problem.

OK, but the building is part of the new base maintenance stuff. iirc the building removes all maintenance for your first two cities but only under the first civics. Removing them/it will up your maintenance costs when you start the game. BlueGenie would know better as they are his solution to a problem.

Good Luck on getting BG to reply. My questioning his additions caused a ruckus and BG is pissed off at me again.

His changes should've been Only for SO's Nightmare Option to start with and Not for the Main mod, imho. It was only tested by BG and SO ran with it. So we now have a new maint. system that is just starting to produce results. These will need to be compared to the Pre v35 system. alberts2 has been making modifications along the way as weirdness is brought to light.

BG was asked to become part of the team to continue working on these changes by T-Brd. Instead BG bailed in anger. And has not returned.

In light of all this I put forth the proposal that all BG changes be removed from Main Mod (they can be kept for the Nightmare Option) and the maint system used before v35 be reinstated. Or you all can muddle thru with what you have.

JosEPh

Unfortunately I find that his changes with Alberts fixes makes for a very good game (on snail, up to as far as I have gone into the classic era). The prehistoric and ancient eras are interesting again.

I do agree that they should not have been introduced so close to the release of v35 and should have waited until after its release as it is a major change.

I disagree that it is for the Nightmare mod. As far as I understand it was just an attempt to fix something that had been ignored since RoM 1.03 and was causing problems because of that. I think BG putting it in that thread was his biggest mistake :p

I'm adapting to the changes, what choice do you really have if you want to play?

I suk at modding (simple xml number changes mostly) and schemas throw me for a loop. Python and SDK are foreign languages.

If it ever gets bad enough to stop playing C2C I still have RoM 2.0 or 1.03 I can still play (loved those days).

JosEPh ;)

Top Bottom