Diferences between R&R and TAC?

LegatusI

Chieftain
Hi. Im an Old Colonization fan, i have played the original and i still play this remake based on the Civilization IV.

I have played the vanilla version when the game was release, and i play it now only moded (guess why...).

Im playing a game of AoD2 because i thought that this was the most actual mod for the game that retained the pure Colonization porpose. Today i was trying to see if more recent mod were released and i think that R&R is the more recent pure and polished Colonization mod out there. But im also curious about the TAC mod, i dont have time to play both and i would like to know what are the main diferences between this to mods?

My thanks for all the modding community for the great work.

RaR is based on the last release of TAC base mod (TAC 2.03).

However, both mods are very different.

TAC stays a lot closer to the original game concepts but also adds new features.
RaR adds and changes massive amounts of features on top of that and thus changes the gameplay a lot.

RaR is by far the biggest mod ever created for Colonization.
(But maybe that is already too much for some players. :dunno:)

RaR is based on the last release of TAC base mod (TAC 2.03).

However, both mods are very different.

TAC stays a lot closer to the original game concepts but also adds new features.
RaR adds and changes massive amounts of features on top of that and thus changes the gameplay a lot.

RaR is by far the biggest mod ever created for Colonization.
(But maybe that is already too much for some players. :dunno:)

I play heart of Iron III, i had to read 400 pages of manuals to play that game, so complexity dont bothers me has long as the AI can use the changes.

i have a question not about this topic, but i dont want to spam this mod subforum.

Is there a Huge map that spawn all the American Continent and have the historical european starting places and the correct indian civilization? Like Ozzys America in AoD2.
If not, how do i change the "TAC America V1.05 RaR" to be historical accurate in this reggard?

Top Bottom