[Religion and Revolution]: General Questions and Discussions

WOW!

I have now tried TAC. And I LOOOOOVE it. Atlast someone has made Colonization as it should be. Thanks for putting links in here and letting us know about it. I looking forward to seeing your mod.

Edit: 2.03 is final version of TAC? Any indication of how long it is until release?
Hi Gomer_Pyle,

Thank you for trying TAC (and for the enthusiasm ;) ). As part of the TAC modder team I really appreciate it!

I spent the last two hours on translating the game strategy texts into English and many of the other TAC team members are working on translations as well. Originally we wanted to wait some more time before officially announcing TAC over here on the Fanatics boards. We wanted to be sure that our English translation meets at least the minimum standards we have set for ourselves before we announce our international release. But now that Ray spilled the beans (Just joking, it was no secret and TAC was already mentioned several times on this board), we might become more active in the English speaking community.

Yes, 2.03 is scheduled to be our final release barring any major bugs not found & fixed in our beta releases. Many of us have been working on TAC for several years now and I think that everybody understands that we want to come to an end.

However, we also plan scenarios & modmods with TAC as a basis. These will however not be released by the complete TAC team and are more individual projects.

We have no fixed release date yet, as we want to complete some last features and if possible iron out some multiplayer synchronisation issues first.

Hehe! Ray spilled the beans, but i would not call it beans. More like gold nuggets. The mod is just bloody awesome. Nothing more to be said really.

Some more mapscripts kind of a mix between snaky continents and massive continents would be nice though. I think mapscripts is the only thing i miss really and the option to disband colonies. I normaly tend to screw up every now and then when building colonies. hehe

And lets not forget the "gold" resource and gold miner which would be awesome too. But better mapscripts would just save the day. Woohoo!

Thanks for saving CivCol for a huge fan from Norway. You have made me soooooo happy! And only for a game! :D

Edit: Just forgot to mention that I absolutely LOOOOOOOVE the event system you got in TAC. And I am looking forward to see more from that. I understand you are working on ways to interact more with natives and king too??? Maybe kings of other nations too? Stab your own king in the back kind of thing?

I understand you are working on ways to interact more with natives and king too???

No you misunderstood something. :)

During my time at TAC some features in that area were created but they are already in TAC since more than half a year.
TAC currently does not create other new features in that area.

I did however create more features like that in my other project.

I have planned to integrate the existing ones and create some more I have concepts for in our new project "Religion and Revolution",
if Robert likes my ideas.

I have planned to integrate the existing ones and create some more I have concepts for in our new project "Religion and Revolution",
if Robert likes my ideas.

For now, what I've seen does please me !
However I haven't seen more ways to interact with the king (with the native, I see !). Actually in your preview (RWL, Ray's wish list), I even think there is one feature missing. King no longer seems to transport treasures. Am I correct, or not ?

However I haven't seen more ways to interact with the king (with the native, I see !).

One example would be "European Peace" a relatively rare DLL-Event which is definitely in my Preview.
Another one would be "European Prisons crowded" which is implemented but not in the Preview.
I have concept for others too, of course.

I even think there is one feature missing. King no longer seems to transport treasures. Am I correct, or not ?

No, I simply started preparing another feature. :)

--> You need a harbour (or a higher level of that building) so you can sell treasures to the king.

Sorry, there are several things in my Preview I could not explain to you till now.

Edit: Just forgot to mention that I absolutely LOOOOOOOVE the event system you got in TAC. And I am looking forward to see more from that.
Thank you :) I am the one to blame for creating most of the events in TAC. Ray supported me with providing some generic parameters for the XML files so that we can cover COL specific effects (impact on taxes, founding father points, buy/sell prices etc.)

We have proposals for at least two dozen more events/quests but most likely they won't make it into the final release. But we do offer a fully documented event construction kit with TAC that makes it very easy to create additional events or quests without any Python knowledge.

I assume that Ray or Robert will certainly expand the event system ;)

I assume that Ray or Robert will certainly expand the event system ;)

It is very probable that we will want to do that.
(Experienced help would be greatly appreciated. ;) )

Yes, I agree. I would like to expand the event system. I've added a few events in my Storm and Light mod, and I realized it is quite difficult... We're going to need some testers to make sure new events are correctly balanced (if we add new ones of course!).

Good job Ronnar :goodjob:

To make event testing easier, I have added a screen that allows you to trigger any event if all trigger conditions are met. You can activate it with Ctrl-Shift-E when in cheatmode.

Testing is not fun if you have to wait hundreds of turns for a random event to trigger. Of course, you should still do many test games to balance random events. If it's too rare to trigger, you wasted time developping the event. If it's popping up every second turn, users will be annoyed.

My event trigger screen is included in the BUG mod for CIV BTS as well. If you are familiar with the event screen in BUG, no further explanation is needed on how it works in TAC ;)

Ronnar said:
To make event testing easier, I have added a screen that allows you to trigger any event if all trigger conditions are met. You can activate it with Ctrl-Shift-E when in cheatmode.
I don't believe my eyes !

Ronnar said:
If you are familiar with the event screen in BUG, no further explanation is needed on how it works in TAC
Well, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that event screen. I'll look into it !

Yes, but please notice that it is expedient to activate the game option "NEW_RANDOM_SEED". Edit "CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml", look for "GAMEOPTION_NEW_RANDOM_SEED", and change at "bVisible" the value "0" to "1". When you start TAC the next time, the option "RandomSeed" is visible, and you can enable this option.

I tried TAC, but it is all in German
Vorpal, have you used the game option menu to switch the language? Those texts of TAC which are important had already been translated.

... the engine still has huge potential...

Absolutely !
(That is why we want to continue modding it. :) )

Any ETA on release 1?

TAC 2.03 (the last release of the TAC base mod) will become the technical base for this project too.

So probably the 1. release of Religion and Revolution will be a few weeks after TAC 2.03 was released. ;)
(We have already prepared a lot of stuff but will need a little time to merge.)

FROM WHERE i can download TAC 2.03

TAC 2.03 does not exist yet. ;)
(TAC 2.02C should soon be released.)

Please ask further details about TAC, like release dates, to the TAC-team. :thumbsup:

Where is the TAC team? Because I don't speak German...

I tried playing it, but I got the governor pop up 11 times in a row, so a +22 food bonus for basecamp is a bit too much. Same thing if I reload.

Before, I had a bug were my units were not cycling anymore. Is TAC stable really?

Top Bottom