[Religion and Revolution]: Founding Fathers

Seriously, no problem. I didn't expected to make it right -without testing by myself-, so if you have to tell me 20 times to improve them, just do it!

Thanks. :)

I did that because of the tea pot... I thought it would be better without showing that, which has nothing to do with the FF itself.
I can do what you want, but have that in mind.

The tea pot should not be shown of course.
I was talking of a little bit more of the shoulders maybe. :dunno:
(But you know better than me, what looks good or not. :thumbsup:)

Ok, I can just give other color to the hat. I adjusted the luminosity of the hat and it's visible on my screen with black background, but I see what you mean... col background is not totally black.

Sounds good. :thumbsup:

That's what I considered. Paul Revere has a size similar to vanilla FFs, but then in Colopedia looks a bit smaller.

I will make something in between, and then you test/choose what you want.

Sounds good, too. :thumbsup:

I did the bio for Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada, which was empty in the xml text file. Also the pedia entry section for him was missing. I created it using another founding father as a template, I changed the names. However, I noticed on the screenshots that Ray showed, the one for Quesada already had a bio? :confused: If what I did will cause any problems let me know and I take out the entry I made for Quesada.

Thanks.

I did the bio for Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada, which was empty in the xml text file.
However, I noticed on the screenshots that Ray showed, the one for Quesada already had a bio?

Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada is a Founding Father from Vanilla that had been removed / replaced in TAC.
The pedia entry still exists in the Vanilla XML.
(Please remove the pedia entry you created for him. :thumbsup:)

When implementing new FFs I will create all entries needed in the XML, don't worry about that.
(They will simply need to be filled out.)

Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada is a Founding Father from Vanilla that had been removed / replaced in TAC.
The pedia entry still exists in the Vanilla XML.
(Please remove the pedia entry you created for him. :thumbsup:)

Will do. Sorry for the mistake.:blush:

When implementing new FFs I will create all entries needed in the XML, don't worry about that.
(They will simply need to be filled out.)

No problem. Do you want me to put the bio's in the spaces provided in the xml (the lived: space marked tbd and the background space marked tbd), like I have for Jacques Cartier, Willem Barents, Gabriel de Clieu and Paul Revere, or would you prefer for me to just post the bios in the forum as attachments? I don't mind either way.

Ok, I have reworked both FFs and added Paul Revere to the Atlas.

Also reduced atlas file size from 2 MB to 512 KB.

Sorry for the mistake.:blush:

Nothing to be sorry for. :)
(You cannot know everything that happened in TAC.)

No problem. Do you want me to put the bio's in the spaces provided in the xml (the lived: space marked tbd and the background space marked tbd), like I have for Jacques Cartier, Willem Barents, Gabriel de Clieu and Paul Revere, or would you prefer for me to just post the bios in the forum as attachments? I don't mind either way.

Let us keep it like this. :thumbsup:
I will provide the XML entries (which I need to do anyways) and you can fill them.

Ok, I have reworked both FFs and added Paul Revere to the Atlas.
Also reduced atlas file size from 2 MB to 512 KB.

Great. :thumbsup:
(I will check on the weekend, when I am back home.)

@Isabelxxx:

Paul Revere looks really good now. :thumbsup:
(Size and parts of the upper body that are visible are perfect.)

I can still not see Jacques Cartier's hat in Colopedia (because of the black background),
but he really looks good in Founding Father Screen.
(Simply leave that graphic as it is. His hat is not that important in Colopedia.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 72
Please try again. I also moved Gabriel to the left since the hair was being cut in your image:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=330350&d=1346516835

EDIT: Did you notice that the BG is not black in your Screen-shoots? I'm not totally sure what's the problem but I do see clearly the hat in your images and in my Screen with Photoshop or any other Image Editor with Black BG. (maybe it's your screen config ?)

@Isabelxxx:

Perfect. :goodjob:

I can now see the hat of Jacques Cartier.
(Its shade is slightly different from the black background.)

Gabriel de Clieu is also positioned much better.

I guess, we could leave the last 5 new FFs as they are and continue with other new ones, if you like. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 106
Another one, Charles Carroll: I modified the image because the source img was missing the right shoulder, so I created one for him.
It was necessary since when adding the alpha transition there was a visible vertical cut (3rd image), now it looks great (1st image).

Attachments

• im1.jpg
    im1.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 60
  • im3.jpg
    im3.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 56
  • im2.jpg
    im2.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 54
Actually, the hat looked better when black
Seems too unnatural this way...

When black, it wasn't disturbing at all (in the last few civilopedia pictures you guys showed here)
And you said it's perfect in the FF screen

Now, it looks a bit strange even in the civilopedia
But the more important question is: how does it look in the FF screen with this hat?

Actually, the hat looked better when black
Seems too unnatural this way...

When black, it wasn't disturbing at all (in the last few civilopedia pictures you guys showed here)
And you said it's perfect in the FF screen

Now, it looks a bit strange even in the civilopedia
But the more important question is: how does it look in the FF screen with this hat?
... that was my opinion and the reason I only did minor edits to make it more and more visible; last try was obviously the way to make it visible but it's not natural as you say.

The team have to choose what should be the preferred version.

@raystuttgart

Should I continue with more FFs? I was waiting your impressions about the 2 recently made, but if you can't play until the weekend I could do some more :)

Should I continue with more FFs? I was waiting your impressions about the 2 recently made, but if you can't play until the weekend I could do some more :)

Sorry, I could not find the time yet to thoroughly implement the 2 FFs into the game and test them there.
I have taken a short look though and they looked great. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I am gone the complete week and return only on the weekends.
And if I am not on a business trip I am often simply pretty tired when I get back from work.

So I currently do mostly small stuff during the week like communicating with partners and team, looking for / checking new implementations of other modders, answering posts here in the forum, answering my private messages from community, ...

And even on the weekends it is currently hard for me to find a lot of time for modding.
(So when I have to check several bug reports, I hardly get to create something new.)

But next weekend I should find the time to implement a couple of FFs. :)
(If people do not report to many bugs / problems which I would need to check.)

Also it is more efficient for me to do several (5 or 6) Founding Fathers at once.
So yes, it would be great, if you could continue to create more graphics. :thumbsup:

I have some days now, so I will do all the images that were present in the repository.

If you want more, add more images there.

Top Bottom