[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

No, I have still the same problem. Nothing has changed.

One notice: My cache ist not in this folder %appdata% (...\AppData\Local\My Games\Colonization\cache)

It is in the folder C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Christian\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\cache...

I think the reason of my error is founded in the latest changes of the graphic files. I started an older SVN version (how can I check which svn it is?) which I had saved on an external harddisk - and it worked well.

I think the reason of my error is founded in the latest changes of the graphic files. I started an older SVN version (how can I check which svn it is?) which I had saved on an external harddisk - and it worked well.

The best thing will probably be you check out old revisions from our SVN. :thumbsup:

I suggest you go back in steps of 20 revisions until the mod starts again for you.
Then you go forward in 10 revisions, until the mod does not start any more again.
Then you go back in single revisions until it does start again.

Then we will have identified the revision that causes your problems and can analyse in SVN-log, which changes had been done.

If you want to, we can have a call this evening to discuss this in detail. :thumbsup:

Can you generate a dump file from the crash? I think if Ray has a debug DLL for the mod, you can use this to load the dump file and see the exact error that caused the crash.

in Civ4Config in colonization folder, set:

; Create a dump file if the application crashes
GenerateCrashDumps = 1

The best thing will probably be you check out old revisions from our SVN.

The version I checked was an old svn version... furthermore I was not sure if the download of old svn versions really produces the old versions or overwrites newe versions and the result would be a mix of older and newer versions...

Ok, I have checked the old svn versions.

Version 352 is the last playable version (with errors (textfiles I think) when I start the game, but no crash, if I place a unit in the city screen).

Version 353 is the first version which leads to the crash, if I place a unit inside the city screen. Between version 352 and 353 have been a lot of changes. All other versions after this lead to the crash.

@Schmiddie:

Please try revision 355.
Revision 353 is no complete revision ...

There were to many changes for MYCP and in order to identify /check all single changes in SVN-log I had uploaded the feature in 3 commits.
(With revision 355 the feature was completely uploaded.)

@Schmiddie:

As I told you, I am currently struggling with real life ... :(
But as soon as I get things straightened out again, I will take a look.

Now that I know where to start, I am quite confident, that I will eventually solve the problem. :thumbsup:

@Schmiddie:

I have uploaded a new DLL with improvements considering MYCP.

Please get the current revision and let me know, if the bug still exists. :thumbsup:

Also it would be great, if you could test, if the MYCP professions work for you.
(Hunter, Seals Hunter, Butcher, Dyer)

The current version works!...no more crashes. :goodjob::goodjob::bowdown:

FANTASTIC !!! :)

I am really relieved.
(If my code changes would not have solved the bug I would really not have known what else to try ...)

Thanks for analysing so well which revision caused the problem. :thumbsup:

by the way: What means "MYCP"?

MYCP means "Multiple Yields Consumed / Produced" :)

Hi guys,

it would really be great if everybody currently testing could do the following:

1. create some nice screenshots (in this thread)
2. give feedback after playing more than 100 rounds (here in this thread)
3. attach save games after playing more than 100 rounds (here in this thread)

:thumbsup:

@Robert:

1.) In Colopedia for Units the list of required yields for a ship is too long for the tile it is displayed in.
Thus the last yield (Hammers) comes out of the tile which does not look very nice.

Would it be possible to shift the whole list (beginning with STRENGTH) a little bit upwards ?

2.) In Colopedia for Buildings the list of Yields and Bonusses is too long for the tile in some cases.
The scrollbar looks pretty ugly.

Would it be possible to also shift that list a little bit up and also decrease the fontsize so everything fits into the tile again ?

3.) In Colopedia for Terrains the list of available yields is in some cases too long for the tile it is displayed in.

Would it be possible to also shift that list a little bit up and also decrease the fontsize so everything fits into the tile again ?

4.) In Colopedia for Yields, the list of buildings and bonus according to that yield is in some cases too long for the tile it is displayed in.

5.) In Colopedia for Resources, the names of the yields are often pretty long and the text often gets over the right corner of the tile.

Would it be possible to decrease the fontsize so everything fits into the tile again ?

----

Could you please take care of these beauty corrections ? :)
It is probably pretty easy for you to adjust the Colopedia screens. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 80
I have started a test game on the map "gigantic".

It is currently very unstable. The screen freezes all 5 - 10 rounds. It is not reproduceable and happens at different actions - sometimes already if you scroll the map.

Here are the logs:

I have started a test game on the map "gigantic".

It is currently very unstable. The screen freezes all 5 - 10 rounds. It is not reproduceable and happens at different actions - sometimes already if you scroll the map.

Mapsize Gigantic might be critical if you don't have a really strong computer.
And even if you do have a strong computer there might be issues.

About Mapsize Gigantic it is as we said:
"Playing at own risk."

We knew that already, when we were talking about introducing that mapsize or not. :dunno:

By the way:
I had been playing about 100 rounds with Mapsize Gigantic and had almost no issues like that.

Here are the logs:

I will check. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom