[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

I'm fixing the game speed issues. I managed to get appreciable progress

That may be the case but please could you all consider the following - in any case:

Please don't call everything you don't like as "bugs"...! :mad:

BUGs are only things that are broken in the game (the cannon bug for example). Things that don't work as somebody personally likes are NO bugs - game speed "issues" are no bugs - irrespective of the fact that the game maybe has not been balanced considering this part.

Please think about that before you post something in this thread!

Please don't call everything you don't like as "bugs"...! :mad:

Barthoze only called them "issues". :)
(Such issues should be posted here as well so we can try to take care of them.)

For shure nothing is perfect. But your this work is great!
As i started to play Colonization I was frustrated.
Now with the R&R mod (v.2.3) I am happy to play this game! Thx.
You make me smile. :)

I m having an issue in port royal and africa. The prices shown are different, but when i do the transaction of selling/buying goods, the prices are always the Europe price. Is this an issue or is it working as designed?

Thank you for the great work done on this mod.

I m having an issue in port royal and africa. The prices shown are different, but when i do the transaction of selling/buying goods, the prices are always the Europe price. Is this an issue or is it working as designed?

Are you sure ?
(Of course it would be a bug.)

Because this may just be a bug in the "Trade Log".
(Which is know and quite tricky to fix due to the way the "Trade Log" was designed.)

Please try to check (calculate by hand) the actual gold gained / lost when selling / buying.
(Please also consider taxes / bribes.)

I had heard similar reports like that before but everytime I checked the actual gold transferred it had always been correct.
(And when the players did, it was correct also.)

But the last time I had checked that is quite long ago.
(I will try to test again coming weekend.)

Are you sure ?
(Of course it would be a bug.)

Because this may just be a bug in the "Trade Log".
(Which is know and quite tricky to fix due to the way the "Trade Log" was designed.)

Please try to check (calculate by hand) the actual gold gained / lost when selling / buying.
(Please also consider taxes / bribes.)

I had heard similar reports like that before but everytime I checked the actual gold transferred it had always been correct.
(And when the players did, it was correct also.)

But the last time I had checked that is quite long ago.
(I will try to test again coming weekend.)

When looking at the port royal screen, the sale price of coloured cloth is 19 and in England it is 20. Making the sale in Port royal gives the following:
69 coloured cloth sold @ 20 for 1380 which should actually be 69 sold at 19 for 1311. In this case it is a small difference in favor of the player, but some prices are dramatically different and not in the players favor.

I stand corrected, the count works, only the display is wrong, Thank you for pointing that out Ray.

I stand corrected, the count works, only the display is wrong, Thank you for pointing that out Ray.

Great. :)

As I said:

I know that the trade log is wrong in Africa and Port Royal.
(Since it is tricky to fix and I never really used it, I did not further bother.)

But all tests had always shown that the actual gold transferred is correct.
(Using the local prices for selling and buying as displayed at the yields in those ports.)

--> You are getting the gold you should.

@Partners:

There is a small issue several people have been complaining about:

When a ship with a land unit on board enters a "Water Goody", instead of the ship (as it would make much more sense) the transported land unit gets experience.
(Most likely the same would happen with units being on land transports as well. But that simply does not happen that often.)

-Correction-> Don't let transported units trigger a Goody.

Edit:

This (code change in red) could fix the issue.
(Couldn't test it though, since I currently can't compile. So I am not sure.)

If somebody else could build a new dll with that and test it, that would be great. :thumbsup:

Code:
void CvUnit::setXY(int iX, int iY, bool bGroup, bool bUpdate, bool bShow, bool bCheckPlotVisible)
{
                       [COLOR="Magenta"][COLOR="Red"]//R&R, ray, transported units should not trigger goodies, so transports themself will
			if (pTransportUnit == NULL)
			{[/COLOR][/COLOR]
				GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).doGoody(pNewPlot, this);
			[COLOR="Red"]}[/COLOR]
		}
	}
	// PatchMod: Achievements START
	GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).doAchievements(true);
	// PatchMod: Achievements END
}

@Partners:
This (code change in red) could fix the issue.
(Couldn't test it though, since I currently cant't compile. So I am not sure.)

If somebody else could build a new dll with that and test it, that would be great. :thumbsup:
I will test and commit if this works.

I will test and commit if this works.

Great, thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Please use current sources from SVN.
(Probably don't need to tell. So sorry for that. :) )

Thanks again for building the dll, testing and commiting. :thumbsup:

I also tested the correction now.
It is working perfectly.

One tiny issue less. :)

Yes I obviously did :) Have checked in now.

I have noticed that units are now not able to get a goody hut if they are entering the land from a ship...:( they need to go to the next land plot first and then have to go back to the land plot with the goody hut.

I have noticed that units are now not able to get a goody hut if they are entering the land from a ship...:( they need to go to the next land plot first and then have to go back to the land plot with the goody hut.

Oh ok.
That is something I had not thought about.

This would probably fix the issue:
Code:
if (pTransportUnit == NULL || [COLOR="Red"]!pNewPlot->isWater()[/COLOR]) //R&R, ray, transported units should not trigger goodies, so transports themself will

However, this would also cause Units transported by land transports to gain the experience from goodies again.
(Which is a very very rare case though.)

@vetiarvind:
Could you please create a new dll with that change and commit the changed source file and the new dll ?

@vetiarvind:
Could you please create a new dll with that change and commit the changed source file and the new dll ?
Ok, will do it now. I seem to have developed a sixth sense for when a change is impending on R&R. (last 2 consecutive logins have seen code change requests :lol:)

Also, the land transport issue doesn't seem major. So will test just naval XP and commit.

Edit: committed

I recognized another bug which seems to be major:

I was breeding cattles and one of the events triggered (the natives claim for cattles short after you have started breeding).

I gave them all cattles in order to achieve +2 relationship with the natives.

The next round I joined the city screen and recognized this: Cattles have now a negative value of approx. -1.300 and every building (!!!) demands for this amount cattles. The effect is that no building incide the city will be finished now (I delivered tools in the city but nothing happened, the building was not finished).

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 407
Top Bottom