Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

I load the save for this one but as soon as you end the turn you lose 1 of 3 titles and the game keeps going.
Modern Major-General
Win the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario.
is there a trick to this or something?

also I dont see this on here anywhere.. was there ever a save for this one?
Enemy Blade No More
As Indonesia, capture an enemy capital with a Kris Swordsman with the Enemy Blade promotion.

How do you make it so that it is not just one 63mb file and I can actually see all the saves? Is it a zipped file? I place it under the correct section, but all my other saves are there too, but it's quite clear this one doesn't work as it is the wrong file type.

It is a 7Z File and it needs to be a CIV5SAVE FILE

How do I do this?

Thanks.

How do you make it so that it is not just one 63mb file and I can actually see all the saves? Is it a zipped file? I place it under the correct section, but all my other saves are there too, but it's quite clear this one doesn't work as it is the wrong file type.

It is a 7Z File and it needs to be a CIV5SAVE FILE

How do I do this?

Thanks.

EDIT: Finally figured it out you need to go to:

http://www.7-zip.org/

Download the correct one for you

Unzip the file

Go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Saves/single

Go to the folder name All_Civ5_Achievement_Saves.7z (67,2mb)

Copy and paste everything into the /single folder

Then delete the All_Civ5_Achievement_Saves.7z (67,2mb) folder.

Uninstall or keep 7zip, and ta da all the saves where they should be :), sorry if that was already explicitly obvious, but I thought I might not be the only one having this issue.

Beggars can't be choosers I guess....I do wish the original link worked though because the one I really want is "We Are Family," because as we all know...that one is definitely bugged. And I spent such a long game getting everything set-up too....just for it to end up not working in the end. X_X

Keep us updated johnh10! Maybe we can get this thread back up to what it once was!

"We Are Family" bugged out on me too... but I'll try again soon and make sure I get a save if it works. Right now working on scenarios and getting achievement saves.

From my understanding "We Are Family" is so bugged that it won't even work on Single Player and is something you have to do/manipulate on a Hotseat game. That's at least what I have determined/seen through other threads on this forum. What makes me mad is that it is still bugged after all of these years when 2K said they would try to fix it, or make it more clear. =(

Can anybody send me the original 7z file? I'll upload it to some proper webspace (not one of these annoying mega/rapid/whatever share sites where files disappear and they throttle your download speed).

I was just about to do the Korea scenario as Japan on immortal, loaded up my save and bang, hit with the happiness bug throughout -120 happiness :mad:

Could you get in trouble w/ steam/banned for using these? I keep hearing something about steam's VAC system?

dogmop, thank you very much, dog bro!

Could you get in trouble w/ steam/banned for using these? I keep hearing something about steam's VAC system?

Nothing to worry about. You are going to play singleplayer game, so it's your own playfield, nobody hurts. :) Besides, Civ 5 is not a VAC protected game.

Interesting, the file still existed on my Mega account but was no longer accessible (not even by myself).
They might actually just have "lost" it (maybe they don't give much damn about free accounts and the safety of their files)^^

So, big thanks to dogmop for re-provided me with the actual savefiles (so the mega link is fixed and works again (for now))
and also for providing everyone with a fast and probably more reliable download source/link (which I added to the OP) :)

Top Bottom