MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

Try it now. My site has been down for several days due to server problems. It's back up now though.

Thanks man, it dled fine now. =]

Oh nay you must have the wrong one This pedia is one of the most complete ever done. I saw one entry that was missing out of 1000+ I think. But sometimes he uses the same entry for like say a simliar swordman. Even then he wil usually pen some lines distinguishing it. This happens to say 20% of the units. Wonders all have pedia, Great and small. The resources to, same with imrovments and all the techs

Still most units have thier own and most are in great depth which is crazy work when you think how many units .

Sorry, didn't mean to put anyone down or anything. It was just a question. I downloaded this very recently, used the info in the first post on this thread, and patched it up to 1.06, which I believe is the most recent version. Also, I'm not saying that there's any lack of detail, but I definitely have seen errors in the Pedia, not in the units, but in the improvements and wonders. Here are some examples:

Lighthouse: Pedia says safe sea travel, +1 ship movement, coastal installation and tourist attraction (Lighthouse is a city improvement, but this looks like the old wonder description from the original game, although it adds that small lighthouses allow increased trade in water tiles), which is what the Editor says.

Knight's Hospitaller: Pedia entry for Hospice says that 10 of them are required to build the Knight's Hospitaller. Pedia entry for Knight's Hospitaller says that 4 are needed. Editor says 7 are needed.

Industrious trait: Pedia text says it allows you to build Smelters, but the link takes you to the pedia entry for Mill (which is correct).

Fishing Lane: Pedia says it must be near water or a river, which is wrong, but doesn't mention the fact that it's a coastal installation and that it requires a Fishing Weir.

There were a few others, but these are all I remember at the moment. Not big errors maybe, but if some entries in the Civilopedia are wrong, then I can't really trust any given entry to be right - I'll have to check the Editor to make sure.

One more strange thing: I was looking through the units in the Editor, and there are several units given by Mecha Engineering that have 48 Attack and 32 Defense. They all require the resources Exotic Metals, Uranium and Gems, except for a unit called Zenith Mech, which requires Grapes instead of Gems. Surely this must be a mistake???

Still, thanks for the mod Kingpin, I'm sure hundreds of hours went into creating this. I'm not much of a modder myself although I'll sometimes make changes to mods that I've downloaded and sometimes it takes me hours just to make tiny changes, so I appreciate the effort you've put into this. A few minor details don't stop me from enjoying a mod.

Edit: Oh yes, I just remembered one more: The Pedia says the Brewery produces ten(!!?!?!!) happy citizens, and that it must be built near water, both of which are wrong. Strangely enough, according to the editor it produces one happy citizen and one unhappy citizen - surely that cancels each other out, leaving the +50% luxury output and one culture point per turn as the only benefits?

yer righ those a mistakes that mybe he will smooth in a patch. a brewy on gives like one only happy.

I also think a few space parts should be sent back into some of the last era advanced techs to prolong the sacerace!
instead of taking off to find a new planet in interplanantery party capsule leaving like 20 advanced techs behind undicovered, why not set back the race so you have to discover things like nano tech or whatever before you can fly to now galazy. You made new era but space race was not extended deep enough into it so most never seen it or thenew weopons it includes, which I hear are really cool

I can tell you the smelter/mill thing stems from teh fact that originally the trait gave one building and later we switched it.

Only a few months late in response, huh? Not bad. :)

The civilopedia is and alsoways will be the hardest thing to keep straight in this and all future versions of the mod and game.

I.
Only a few months late in response, huh? Not bad. :)

Only a few monthes? Ya I Im impressed. How You managed to decifer that post in half that time It woulda taken me is truly remarkable :)

BUt ya, the pedia is the best thing going for details. NOt sure Ive seen better on this large scale.
Still moving a few of the space colony parts beyond to the new post modern techs would be a improvement in my eyes, since this is the 1st mod that could legitimized this feat with the added necessary know-how by the time all parts are complete

It amazes me the significant number of similarities and ideas that are the same in this mod as made it into Civ4. And all of this from a modest team of three members. TBX-R had mainly two. I was lead on TBX, with Kingpin and Gary B, Ross as the main support. This means they did most of the work while I did all of the design.

TBX-R Kingpin took upon himself to improve TBX when a new expansion came out. Due to health problems I could not add much. I was simply a consultant and Kingpin did most fo the work while Gary did most of the research and testing.

I have tried a few times to get a Balancer for Civ4 but I couldn't get the time together or the team motivated. I am sick now with a lot of free time, who know what will happen now.

I was asked recently to post a history of CDgroup.org which would also include a history of the Balancer mod since they both went hand in hand. Maybe I will in a few days.

Good talking to you, Bud.

It amazes me the significant number of similarities and ideas that are the same in this mod as made it into Civ4. And all of this from a modest team of three members. TBX-R had mainly two. I was lead on TBX, with Kingpin and Gary B, Ross as the main support. This means they did most of the work while I did all of the design.

TBX-R Kingpin took upon himself to improve TBX when a new expansion came out. Due to health problems I could not add much. I was simply a consultant and Kingpin did most fo the work while Gary did most of the research and testing.

I have tried a few times to get a Balancer for Civ4 but I couldn't get the time together or the team motivated. I am sick now with a lot of free time, who know what will happen now.

I was asked recently to post a history of CDgroup.org which would also include a history of the Balancer mod since they both went hand in hand. Maybe I will in a few days.

Holy jeez eh? Your a force behind this? Man you should be proud, n' ya I agree, this WAS Civ4 for me.
Im lucky to have even googled the link from a 'civ content' lead or I never would have realized mods could be of this caliber. (woulda missed on anno dommi , rise n rule, road n dragoin etc)

Its about the design and the completeness I guess. Not may are willing to take the time. Really even today out of all the mods we still only have handful that compare.
Durin my frequent stops to the 4um's civ3 vs civ4 debates I always kept close refrence to this mod develpments for ammunition in my war chest :)

heres a good one you'll like, tho glad Ive got on without many more chats such as these :D
Good talking to you, Bud.
No it was good talking to you. Thanks again.

Hi, can someone help me..This is the 2nd time i download and play this mod, but i notice something.
I cannot build the round table or the UN..Is anyone else having this problem. i even tried to edit the round table so that it doesnt require Monarchy, but its the same. The AI can somehow build the round table, i dont remember if it can build UN.. Can someone help me? Thanks.

C3C can't find the file "Art/Units/Colonist/SetFootRun1.wav" and subsequently shuts down. There is no SetFootRun1.wav file in the Balancer directory. Can anybody help?

Game: C3C Complete for the Mac.

The error you're getting relates to a Firaxis unit from either PTW or Conquests, I can't recall which. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Mac version of the game (nor a Mac computer) to look into the error in more detail. Sorry, dude.

First of all this is an amazing mod! i cant believe I have NEVER tried it before! my mistake...

so i'd like to tell you about my satisfying game:

as germany i started out on this river on the east of a continent. i expanded south along the river and developed, using that starting nomad to connect all my cities... after a little build up, i created a bunch of hessian knights, and after seeing the stats for musketeers i realized i NEEDED artillery! so i made a huge effort to build some and managed to get about 15 cannons (and siege mortars) out. this combined with some auto-produced cavalry was enough for me to start a war... i took out the aztecs who only had 4 cities (and no guns) and then responded to a viking invasion... it was SLOW going but i eventually drove them off the continent after creating a sharpshooter army. at this point my army was huge but so was my territory... and undeveloped. also i was still a monarchy and was falling behind in techs. carthage was beating me down in that regard and i changed to a democracy and built a skeletal railroad network to the border with carthage. i also rushed factories in a few core cities to help me pump out units. i then made about 30 gattling guns and a lot of kavallerie and went to war. unfortunately, they had infantry and it was initially tough, especially against those fast moving guerrillas, but my artillery support was decisive and i won. its been about a hundred years and im now fully industrialized, most tiles are fully developed, im making about 1000 gpt, and i have a huge navy of battleships, and army of tigerIV's, infantry, and newer mobile artillery. no one's gonna mess :)

now for some comments:

first of all, i think the sphinx is completely out of place. why is it at free artistry at the end of the middle ages rather than at the beginning of the ancient epoch?

also, wonders like the round table that can only be built in capital should have indications of such.

theres an error (in the pedia entry) that says the global exchange is only for monarchies, but it is actually for democracies

another thing, why do so many things require "exotic metals"? the global exchange and thte statue of liberty both do but this resource doesnt come about till the END of the future(ish) era! so i essentially cant build them! sad...

i actually have a lot more to say (mostly good) but ive written a lot and should be studying for a chinese final exam... ill write more tomorrow.

overall, amazing job though!

It took me over 3 hrs to d/l The Balancer Reloaded on Broadband ( its 500Mb)then I found it was a RAR file, The Conquests editor said it was not a genuine scenario file.
I have WinRar on this computer but cannot get it to do anything.
I don.t to scrap Balancer..can anyone please explain how to play this scenario?

would be much obliged for any assistance, thank you!

Moderator Action: Merged into the Balancer Reloaded thread. They can best help you. ;)

It took me over 3 hrs to d/l The Balancer Reloaded on Broadband ( its 500Mb)then I found it was a RAR file, The Conquests editor said it was not a genuine scenario file.
I have WinRar on this computer but cannot get it to do anything.
I don.t to scrap Balancer..can anyone please explain how to play this scenario?

would be much obliged for any assistance, thank you!

Moderator Action: Merged into the Balancer Reloaded thread. They can best help you. ;)

Took me about an hour. Sounds to me like you're on DSL. My advice is to search for decompresion utilities, should be a number of them available. I have a half dozen on my Mac, so for Windows you probably have many more. Also, I don't know how to get WinRar to work, but checking out any read-me, faq, or help file that comes with the app could help.

Top Bottom