About all these discussions about console vs. PC

Lockesdonkey

Liberal Jihadist
Which, fundamentally, is what most of the CivRev Bad/Good discussions come down to.

Could you kindly stop it? Seriously, I've never understood how anyone could get half as riled up about console/PC as they have here. After nearly six months without substantial gaming ('tis the fate of a college student in a serious program), I understand it even less. It all looks ridiculous, and I find myself struggling on whether to laugh or to cry that these long-winded, multi-page arguments on console/PC are even taking place.

Lay off it. You're making fools of yourselves.

Discussions of the pros and cons of CivRev should ignore platform and discuss what we know on the merits. Since we know virtually nothing, it's all speculation, and discussion shouldn't really get all that heated. RELAX, FELLAS. IT'S A GAME.

i also don't understand this fancination with the console vs pc crapola. They both have thier merits, buy both or buy one, make your decision.

yeah, I'm slowly trying to withdraw myself from the arguments......and Schuesseled, if you don't understand it, why do you partake in the arguments?

I, too, weary of them. But right now, there's not a lot of "meat" to discuss about the game, so I figure as long as everyone stays within the forum rules, I'll just let them ride. :)

Once the game is released, I think we will probably want to limit them, though. ;)

I agree. It doesn't need to be like the Civ4 forum when it started out, where most of the posts were "Why this game sucks/Why 3d sucks" with small bits of real discussion scattered about.

yeah, I'm slowly trying to withdraw myself from the arguments......and Schuesseled, if you don't understand it, why do you partake in the arguments?

Uh.....Do you even know what your going on about. I have never once argued whether a pc is or isn't better than a console, i think there both great ways of gaming and generally enjoying yourself.

Generally consoles are the worse platform for strategy games since you can't hotkey well, and don't have a mouse. I know I enjoy playing a strategy game more on the PC but thats not to say that I don't enjoy strategy games on consoles, such as starcraft for the N64 (split screen :goodjob:) and Battle for Middle Earth and Command and Conquer 3 for the 360. I suppose PC users and console users each feel their platform is better able to handle specific genre's better.

ugh, I hated Starcraft on the 64...it had horrible controls.

I tend to feel that RTS and MMO games should remain PC exclusive(won't keep me from playing LotR and C&C on the 360 though...my PC won't handle them), while nearly every other genre can be played perfectly well with either a PC or a console nowadays.

It used to be that such a thing wasn't possible, but developers tried it anyway...that could be the source of the pc/console fanboyism...nowadays a console is simply a computer you don't need to try to optimize to get it to play a game you want, so I'm not sure why the pc/console craziness is still around.

Top Bottom