DLC content?

bonafide11

Worker
Anyone have any idea what sort of DLC will be available for Civ? I know I've seen there will be Maps of the Week, but anything else? How about extra civilizations? Any other ideas?

Anyone have any idea what sort of DLC will be available for Civ? I know I've seen there will be Maps of the Week, but anything else? How about extra civilizations? Any other ideas?

there'll probably be some extra scenarios downloadable later.

2K have confirmed that there are scenarios for Civ Rev. I'm just wondering how far they can take DLC in terms of 'modding' the game, and introducing new features. Would it be possible, for example, to completely change the main menu, and introduce new levels of customization into the game?

I'm no expert, but it occurs to me that if Firaxis have included provision in the game code for future 'moddability', (perhaps triggered by the dlc) the sky could be the limit for adding new features and levels of customization to the game.

Who knows, it might even be the reason why Civ Rev is starting its life as 'civ lite'.

i think your getting a tad too hopeful there.

If they had been planning on making the game as moddable as little big planet, by using dlc, then they would have probably already emntioned it, it would be a good selling point.

i think your getting a tad too hopeful there.

If they had been planning on making the game as moddable as little big planet, by using dlc, then they would have probably already emntioned it, it would be a good selling point.

Well, we only guess at what Firaxis might have planned for Civ Rev over the coming months/years. I personally feel, that it's a very good sign that Civ Rev is starting its life as what many people refer to as Civ Lite. Because clearly, as a scaled-down version of Civ, there's an awful lot that can be built on to improve the game in so many ways using downloadable content.

Again, we can only guess. My own thoughts are that if Firaxis is looking to the future, and a much deeper/greatly improved finished product than the retail version of Civ Rev, then it certainly wouldn't be wise of them to announce the fact. Because many people might be put off buying the game by the knowledge that the fully featured version of Civ Rev (that is, the game that Firaxis fully intends it to become) could be months/years away from the retail release date, and that it's gonna cost 'em a small fortune to buy it!

Personally i think it would be cool to be able to customise the main screen with DLC, such as a roman main screen, customisable avatars for your civ. But i wouldn't have thought those sort of pointless extras would have made it far in the desinging of civ rev.

What about DLC though? Please say they'll come out with some extra civilizations! That'd be fantastic and definitely extend the replayability of the game.

too bad it will cost you money instead of being free like it is now. that part is kinda a kick in the man parts.

everything extra you've gotten from Firaxis you had to pay for...only the mods you've gotten for free, so I think your reasoning is a bit flawed...besides, they don't HAVE to charge you for DLC...it is just the norm lately.

Top Bottom