Civilization on the xbox and I'm the queen of england

I wonder if Halo fans on Halo forums are having the exact same conversation we're having:

masterchief342: "OMG! They're making a Halo RTS! The end is nigh!"
xx_spartan_117_xx: "Settle down, the FPS genre will be fine..."
masterchief914: "No it won't! Strategy is taking over!"
haloguy93: "Seriously, what's next, Halo on a PC? :lol:"

it's already on PC though...........

I am glad someone brought up the series of Fallout being screwed well and truly over. I thought I might have been the only one here, having played all Fallout games from their release (with Fallout 1 and 2 being the better of the series, by far).

By anyway, this new Civ for consoles looks interesting, but there's no way in hell they will be able to convey the depth of Civilization, into a console game. Sure, I have an Xbox 360, and will play it, but it still won't be "Civilization" for me.

Damn you Bethesda! You should have left Fallout to fall into utter obscurity without anyone ever touching it again - ever! DAMN YOU!!!! I get the distinct feeling the people who are most vocal about this game would rather see it never touched again than see a company with a very prestigious pedigree get their hands on it and not make it completely in the image of its predecessors.

As for Civ: Revolutions... Only one person has played it here, and they say it rocks. It is not Civ V, and Civ V will be coming to PC only as far as we know. What's to complain about? Why not give it a try and see if you like it before going all ballistic on Sid and company?

And lastly.. To the guy who made the comment about "PC gamers" being elitists, boy did he hit the nail on the head.

As for Civ: Revolutions... Only one person has played it here, and they say it rocks. It is not Civ V, and Civ V will be coming to PC only as far as we know. What's to complain about? Why not give it a try and see if you like it before going all ballistic on Sid and company?

One minor correction. Two of us have played CivRev. Me and DanQ. ;)

Yes it seems appealing CivRev after i read your articles... Its recall the fun and simplicity of Civ 2 :)

yeah, I think it's gonna be great!

i have a pc, play pc games all the time, and i have a x box. im a all round gamer, i instal games, download updates ext ect on my pc.
so y hate console gamers?

I disagree with some aspects of it but so far it looks pretty decent, definitely worth picking up

First of all let me just say that I'll be buying CivRev as soon as I can, and will enjoy being able to play civ in an afternoon and not a week (or a month, as mine tend to turn out).

@ Thrallia (back on page 2): While i don't infact know what you're referring to by "air flow", I can definitely tell you that assassin's creed froze fairly regularly, especially in "the kingdom" area, until they released a patch for it. Now it freezes every once in a while.

@ Padma: I read and enjoyed your article on your time with CivRev. Am I right in thinking that you saw definite signs that Civ 5 is being worked on (you seemed to hint at it)?

@ Padma: I read and enjoyed your article on your time with CivRev. Am I right in thinking that you saw definite signs that Civ 5 is being worked on (you seemed to hint at it)?

Thank you. :)

I can't say I saw definite signs that Civ5 was "being worked on". Something besides CivRev was in development, and some beta testers will be finding out shortly what it is. ;)

Assuming Civ5 is not what is going into beta-testing, I will say that the atmosphere there was that "of course" there will be a Civ5.

All I can say is, the wait at the doctor's office or car mechanic will be a lot easier now that we have a handheld version of Civ to pass the time! Thanks Sid, what a genius! I would vote for him over Hillary or Obama any day

Lol If you want a discussion on that, I suggest you go have a look at GarretSidizka's (or something like that) Barack Obama leaderhead :D

Lol If you want a discussion on that, I suggest you go have a look at GarretSidizka's (or something like that) Barack Obama leaderhead :D

man, you guys are lucky you don't have to go thru presidential elections in Australia (or maybe you do?)...that's one of the main reasons I play Civ so much, it keeps me from turning the tv on!

We're quite lucky in that Australians vote for policies and track records :)

On the other hand, smaller parties and independents can often garner quite a bit of power due to how our government's set up, and you sometimes get some really stupid people getting a fair bit of power.

@ Padma: LOL sounds good

Top Bottom