Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya the subject matter is ok but A) our teacher doesn't really teach and B) we have to read a book by this crackpot (number 75 on top 100 things screwing up America!) who can't write a sentence without using either the words freedom, virtue or independent.

These pop tarts are stale. I've never had a stale pop tart in my entire life. I didn't even know pop tarts could get stale. I thought they lasted for weeks and weeks.

It is freezing in this house. I thought Spring was finally here... :(

These pop tarts are stale. I've never had a stale pop tart in my entire life. I didn't even know pop tarts could get stale. I thought they lasted for weeks and weeks.

They can get stale?? :crazyeye:

Hmm Ive never had a stale pop tart either.

Ya the subject matter is ok but A) our teacher doesn't really teach and B) we have to read a book by this crackpot (number 75 on top 100 things screwing up America!) who can't write a sentence without using either the words freedom, virtue or independent.

Yeah my AP Euro teacher barely taught at all, too. The students in the class were always overly rowdy, it was like the wild west of classes :lol: I barely did any work but still got a 4 :D. Like Eran APUSH was my only 5.

I am going to get boned out of a financial aid award from my 3rd-4th choice school because they just chose to send me an e-mail to say that I need to send a signed tax return by my parents. They got this information on FAFSA and CSS, why in the world do they need the tax return too? Anyways, now because my information is "late" (of course, they don't listen that you need it on their admission checklist) my financial aid will be considered after everyone else.

EDIT: Now my dad informs me he hasn't filed his taxes yet even though he promised me he would do it by February 1st. When he asks me to go in-state now, I am going to laugh sarcastically. This is ridiculous.

I am going to get boned out of a financial aid award from my 3rd-4th choice school because they just chose to send me an e-mail to say that I need to send a signed tax return by my parents. They got this information on FAFSA and CSS, why in the world do they need the tax return too? Anyways, now because my information is "late" (of course, they don't listen that you need it on their admission checklist) my financial aid will be considered after everyone else.

EDIT: Now my dad informs me he hasn't filed his taxes yet even though he promised me he would do it by February 1st. When he asks me to go in-state now, I am going to laugh sarcastically. This is ridiculous.

Happened to me too. Sometimes it sorts itself out, and sometimes you can make a few calls. Not always, but sometimes.

Also, can you guys imagine how old that poptart must have been? :eek:

Also, can you guys imagine how old that poptart must have been? :eek:
It was fresh out of the box. It must've been on the factory floor a long time or something.

I hate doing laundry. :mad:

Why does the snow always melt? :mad:

It hurts me so deeply to see how much could really be done with this city and how completely ignorant people are to those problems. As a "man of art", I can't bear the sight of tens of streets and squares of amazing old buildings with statues and decorations being left at the edge of putrefaction... I just feel like something is tearing apart inside me.

I know I might sound insane, but I am just passionate like that about so many things.

My girlfriend always outscores me on tests! I'm sure her post in the Rave thread is shortly coming

It hurts me so deeply to see how much could really be done with this city and how completely ignorant people are to those problems. As a "man of art", I can't bear the sight of tens of streets and squares of amazing old buildings with statues and decorations being left at the edge of putrefaction... I just feel like something is tearing apart inside me.

I know I might sound insane, but I am just passionate like that about so many things.

I feel the same about the whole world, just sucks seeing the crappy state the world is in now, all cultures being homogenized, and whatnot. Hell, even just here on Long Island things are much crappier then I remember them being as a kid, the quaintness is gone everywhere. And in my limited travels throughout the East coast of this country, it doesn't seem like any place is still nice anymore, though I haven't been to New England in a while, there may still be nice areas there.

Also, there's no food in my house so I had to eat progresso soup, my god it's so tasteless, I've been pouring salt and pepper in to try to make it taste like something.

I feel the same about the whole world, just sucks seeing the crappy state the world is in now, all cultures being homogenized, and whatnot. Hell, even just here on Long Island things are much crappier then I remember them being as a kid, the quaintness is gone everywhere. And in my limited travels throughout the East coast of this country, it doesn't seem like any place is still nice anymore, though I haven't been to New England in a while, there may still be nice areas there.

I really agree with that (although not so sure things were better in the recent past - definitely not here!) but what I meant was slightly different. :)
Don't know if you're familiar with the history of this area, so to make a short timeline of it, just to illustrate what I mean about my city:
Spoiler :

- early 19th century -> kept under terrible tribute and imposed ruler by the Ottoman empire, to maintain the peace, but relatively independent otherwise, with own military, currency, religion, state language, etc etc. Country drained of money day after day in the effort to pay the tribute to maintain the peace, all rulers were foreign. Bucharest is only slightly more developed than it was in the middle ages.
- 1859 -> first union of the principates, forming the early state Bucharest gains importance
- 1866 -> the German king Charles I is brought to the throne.
- 1878 -> complete independence
- 1879 - 1914 -> huuuge boom in the development of the city
- 1914 - ~1933 -> golden age of the city, grew much bigger, more beautiful and charming, nicknamed little Paris.
- 1939 - 1945 -> WW2
- 1947 - 1989 -> Communist period. Some 3/4 of the early XXth century buildings, the ones which gave it its charm and all, are demolished to make way for square-looking sub-human-condition gray boxes they call "blocs of flats".
- 1989 - 2009 -> End of the communism, hurray. None of the destroyed buildings are restored. Very few (less than a quarter) of the remaining ones are restored, with more than a third of them not even being repainted.

Now the center looks like a mixture of old buildings that are used but uncared for, thus left to slowly die, randomly placed very new tall glass-box buildings, some (very few) old ones that were restored, that look so different from the rest that you could swear they literally shine, compared to them, and a mess of old/new streets and improvement works next to some large streets with high-speed traffic.

I'll give it that -> it's certainly an amazingly interesting place to be in, to see all this packed into the space of one town, but it's not beautiful.

My rant was about how easily and with how little money (for a state) you could restore most of it and bring it back to life... and repaint/build facades for the communist blocs... you could have one of the most attractive cities around in some 20 years. I can't stand seeing it all go to waste. It is seeing the work of art of hundreds and thousands of architects, sculptors, painters, designers go down the drain for no reason other than that that nobody is interested to do anything to save it all.

Separate rant:
Continuation on this post:
Spoiler :
I know this will sound weird but... I'm exactly in the same situation as you. I have to play with an orchestra the part of four players, with banjo, mandolin, Hawaiian guitar and normal guitar as the instruments I need to use. I went with the least cash solution.

Spoiler :
Borrowed a good sound processor and play regular electric guitar during the whole time. Sounds indistinguishable from a banjo/mandolin/Hawaiian guitar, especially since I'm never alone, always supported by the orchestra.

I suppose if the banjo and mandolin are for the show factor too, my solution won't work at all.
Yeah, um, the guy that borrowed me the thing leaves the country for good in 2 weeks. Obviously, he won't let the processor here. I just spend 3 hours non-stop trying to get an accurate sound. I think I somewhat succeeded, but it has completely drained my body of psychological strength. I feel like a vegetable now after 3 hours of continuous concentration.

uhg being sick sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom