[BNW] WTF moments

Chabshaile

Chieftain
Firstly, a problem I encountered a few times in 1 game where I had Whales and Clams next to capital in a cove that I assume would have gone out to sea. Randomly both hexes would tell me there was an enemy blockade I believe was the term it used, wherein it would act as though there were enemy units on said hexes. There were no sea units anywhere near them, not even land units. It happened numerous times.

Secondly, something that just occurred in my current game where I am playing as Arabia, Mongolia is somehow completely friendly with me and sending in a caravan at a regular interval, and somehow doesn't seem to care that I not only am 10 Hexes apart from our capitals, but also planted a city at the edge of border covertly behind a mountain ridge to secure a defensive point against his inevitable attack. This in and of itself is a strange happening for me despite only playing on prince but it is not the real problem at hand.

The real problem at hand, is a recurring issue with happiness that just occurred once again in a strange manner. The defensive city I planted had an additional motive behind it, securing a much needed salt, additional gold, and horse hexes. I had been at -1 Happiness for a while, and inexplicably, the turn I happened to drop a worker on the salt hex I went to Happiness 3.

He didn't even start working it, just as soon as he landed on it boom, instant happiness. My only deals were for non resource trades, and they were still active. Happiness fluctuations like this have happened a lot before, and I have no idea how they occur.

Can any of you vets clue me in as to possible causes for this to happen?

Probably you became allied to a city state at that turn and got use of its luxury.

No, I have had no interaction with CS yet, actually havn't even met one in this game. On a standard size Continents Plus and Barbs have messed with my scouting so I havn't finished this continent on scouting to find the CS's here.

Any Policy? Mane you adapted Monarchy or a Liberty one?

Running tradition, all but Garrison. And no change occurred there when the happiness jumped 4 points for no known reason. Even Monarchy which was in effect at the time I believe can't suddenly jump 4 points, only 1.

Don't have a save from when the strange happiness jump occurred, still no idea what might have caused it. As I said getting that salt was what should have gotten me up to 3 happiness, but it somehow hit right before I started to work the salt to get the bonus.

Top Bottom