Crazy starting position...!

HotdogAddiction

Chieftain
I had this starting position with amazing 2 marbles and a total of 8 resources (A copper resource popped up in the south-eastern hill about 1500 AD, so make it 9). Anyone ever had similair experiences (double marble and such)? Normally when i get starting positions with so many resources, it tends to have a very poor surounding area (deserts, oceans), but this one turned out to have plenty of resources and space to expand on.

The picture is here:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 852
thats not that good... what good is two marble, and only one decent food source. Calender resources suck, unless it's banana.

What a party pooper. ^^

1. Great player name.
2. Great starting location, I agree.

I once had a game where AI Genghis Started with two Irons, A horse and Three Fish. Even so, he was Cathy's b*tch when I found him :lol:

Well, you should try the "South America" map in Civ4 vanilla (patch 1.61). There are lots of resources there, and especially in the borderlands between Colombia/Peru/Brazil. I think it's actually possible to get over ten bonuses within the fat cross there. ;)

Whatever the others say I like this start. It will take a while before it gets really good, but with masonry and agriculture you already have enough food, enough production and even some nice commerce. I hope you are financial to make it even better and to let the oasis do its job. Add some copper and wine when researching monarchy and you have a very nice capital (not crazy, but very nice).

I had one capital once with 5 dye, 3 silk, horses and 1 gold.

Top Bottom