Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

thanks for the info. but you cannot play multiplayer without using version 3.19? in other words gamespy will deny you lobby access without the updated version? :sad:
Maybe I wasn't as explicit as I needed to be. Here is my set up if I want to play a v317 game ...

If I wanted to play a v319 version, I rename 'Beyond the Sword' to 'Beyond the Sword v317' and rename 'Beyond the Sword v319' to 'Beyond the Sword'. Then I am good to go. My shortcuts to BtS work, double clicking on a save works, etc.

Also, note that the 'CvGameCoreDLL.dll' for warlords and vanilla are changed by BtS patches. If you are playing in (say) pbem games with someone who doesn't have BtS, you will need to use the original vanilla / warlords version - meaning you should have kept a copy before patching and then copy / rename in / out the required dll.

Well, well, well. I haven't noticed an AI super-medic running around yet, but I sure did see a couple of AI civs vote "NO" on a nuclear arms resolution. Very interesting. Banning Nukes is one of my top priorities if I've decided to bring a game to the end with a modern war. Getting Nuked was probably the number one reason I lost interest in Civ III.

I downloaded the patch through BTS. When it was done downloading, I exit BTS but I have no clue where the patch was downloaded to. Any thoughts? What is the default download folder? I use Windows Vista 64-bit.

Thanks

I downloaded the patch through BTS. When it was done downloading, I exit BTS but I have no clue where the patch was downloaded to. Any thoughts? What is the default download folder? I use Windows Vista 64-bit.

Thanks

Normally the patch's install should auto-load when you leave the game.

If that doesn't work, check your My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Patch folder. There should be a PATCH_319.exe file which you can run.

I checked the thread, and I didn't see whether the patch fixed the "AI never uses bombers where there is a fighter in interception range" bug. Can anyone confirm whether this was addressed?

Can't get CIV COMPLETE to update, any help?

My copy of Civ Complete updates fine. I know that's not helpful, but the patch does work as expected for at least one of us. If you're not married to your savegames and/or mods, you might try uninstalling/reinstalling, removing your My Games folders from your profile (there are two of them, on in My Documents, and on in Local Settings), and trying again.

Normally the patch's install should auto-load when you leave the game.

Same happened to me: didn't work and nothing seemed to happen.

I think the problem is Vista and its security features. When I ran the PATCH_319.exe manually it gave the "unidentified program tries to access..." warning and waited for me to confirm I wanted to run it. I suspect that the auto-load feature encounters this too and just gets its access denied by the system and stops.

BTW the same thing happens when you try to download the patch and start the "check for updates" inside the game in full screen mode. Seemingly nothing happens and you can wait for ever. Vista notices that the game is trying to access internet and blocks it while waiting for you to confirm the action. However, since you are in full screen mode you can't see the prompt...

The solution is to hit ctrl+alt+del + cancel so you get back to your desktop and can see the security prompt and allow civ access and downloading of the patch starts. Once that's ready exit the game. The auto-load won't work as mentioned above so you have to run the patch manually.

Mine was downloaded to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Patch\PATCH_319.exe

The patch auto-installed pretty lickety-split on my Vista box. However, you are correct that Vista security kicks in; just watch for the banner and ensure that you give it permission. Also, I've noticed in some other patches (I think one of the Warlords ones), that depending on the server, it could seem to take FOREVER for it to d/l; in which case I reccommend searching for another source.

Hi guys,
i have just buied CIV 4 BTS and once i entered in the lobby i was asked to download the new patch 3.19. I run it and after i lunch installation program stop working . I tried several times but without succeed, installation always crashes .
Can you help me? I run windows vista Home premium (i hate it)
I buyed CIV4 BTS in 2kgames.com
Many thanks

How did you update the game?
I am running it through the interface:
Advanced/Check for updates.
It finds the new patch immediately & installs it.

The big question really is how will this affect various mods?
RTW?
HiTM?
Will we need patches for these too??

Yes Mods are affected, its been discussed (asked and answered) numerous times throughout the thread.

@ GIGIMOR, try manually downloading the patch from 2KGames or the Downloads section here. And run the patch yourself. That usually resolves auto-patcher issues.

An odd few have re-installed CIV and patched.

If you do re-install CIV, you don't have to apply any other patch except for the 3.19 one, it is a cumulative patch.

I have a digital copy of CIV COMPLETE and am not able to install the patch either. I have uninstalled CIV and reinstalled. I have tried the auto-update. I have tried the downloaded patch. I have tried the digital-version-patch from direct2drive.com. Still nothing.

Here is how far I get while installing the patch ...
  1. Double Click the install exe
  2. Select English for language
  3. Accept license agreement
  4. Register Civ / Newsletter
  5. Click Install

After clicking install, the install shield disappears on me. Any suggestions on how to debug the situation? Log files? etc.

Any help would be appreciated. I assume this is happening because I have a digital version of the Complete Civ 4.

Maybe I wasn't as explicit as I needed to be. Here is my set up if I want to play a v317 game ...

If I wanted to play a v319 version, I rename 'Beyond the Sword' to 'Beyond the Sword v317' and rename 'Beyond the Sword v319' to 'Beyond the Sword'. Then I am good to go. My shortcuts to BtS work, double clicking on a save works, etc.

Also, note that the 'CvGameCoreDLL.dll' for warlords and vanilla are changed by BtS patches. If you are playing in (say) pbem games with someone who doesn't have BtS, you will need to use the original vanilla / warlords version - meaning you should have kept a copy before patching and then copy / rename in / out the required dll.

thank you for the clarification. this Castlemaine XXXX is for you :beer:

Very nice to see this put out this late in the game. It feels like a reward for actually paying for the game, which is nice.

Certainly there will be another UP, but that doesn't invalidate this move. I also vote for a collection of modpack releases as an 'official' or expansion. Possibly organized by a fan with some kickback to the distributor. As long as they clearly market it as a 'fan-based' expansion, and sell it cheap (just cover cost and a slight margin) they should be able to steer clear of quality control concerns.

Why would anyone buy such a modpack though, when they can download the mods here for free? Besides, most mods are never truly "finished" - there's always some kind of balancing or bug-fixing that needs to be done. So even if you collected all the mods here at CFC in their present form and put them on a disk, the user would still need to download updates and patches from the site every now and then to fix any issues with the mods. So why not just download the mods in the first place? :)

Top Bottom