Different influence loss for each city state?

DrakenKin

Prince
I just noticed this,

In my current game, i lose 0.75 influence with some city states, others 1, and others 1.25

I am trying to understand what dictates this loss, so i won't ally those who lose influence too fast with and prefer those with which i lose influence slowly. It does not seem related to their friendliness, type, or anything logical.

Any idea how this works?

I remember that influence falls 25% slower if CS has the same religion as your civ. Also I am pretty sure there was another factor but don't remember it.

Hostile city-states lose 1.5 influences per turn, whereas the others lose 1 influence a turn.

Patronage opener reduces influence loss by 25%, and if they have your religion it is reduced by another 25%. Greece reduces it by 50%, so it's possible to completely stop losing influence if you're Greece.

I remember that influence falls 25% slower if CS has the same religion as your civ. Also I am pretty sure there was another factor but don't remember it.
Isn't that only with the Papal Primacy belief?

I had no religion at the time, only patronage opener + consulates. See that's what i don't understand, if the value is supposed to be 1 or 1.5 why am i seeing 3 values?

1.12 (maritime hostile), 1 (maritime hostile), and 0.75 (maritime irrational, militaristic neutral, cultural friendly, cultural irrational)...

Notice how one maritime hostile has 1.12 and another maritime hostile has 1... It isn't consistent and i don't see what is the difference between these 2.

Have you declared war on a city state twice or on two city states? An angered city state will drop influence quicker and will have a negative resting influence.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Scanning the thread, since OP is asking about different city states on the same turn of the same game, Patronage opener doesn't really apply since it's universal.

Greece's UA is also universal.

Pledge to protect increases resting point by 5 influence points but doesn't change rates.

What does go on is that Hostile city influences influence decays at 1.5 rate of normal.

In addition, a city state that is following the religion you founded decays at 25% less than normal. Papal NOT needed for this, that instead increases the resting point.

What does go on is that Hostile city influences influence decays at 1.5 rate of normal.
Thank you, however it doesn't explain why 2 separate hostile CS degate at 2 different values. One degrades at 1 per turn, the other 1.12...

1.12 by the way is exactly 1.5 with reduction from patronage opener. Which makes me think i stumbled on a bug, and the 1 inf decay CS is not taking patronage into consideration.

I believe Freindly CS drop at 0.75.

Nope; no bonus for friendly CS compared to Neutral ones; the only difference there is that in Vanilla friendly CS are less likely to have quests to conquer other city states and that in G&K / BNW they are less likely to have quests to bully other city states.

Thank you, however it doesn't explain why 2 separate hostile CS degate at 2 different values. One degrades at 1 per turn, the other 1.12...

1.12 by the way is exactly 1.5 with reduction from patronage opener. Which makes me think i stumbled on a bug, and the 1 inf decay CS is not taking patronage into consideration.

Not a bug, Religious modifier + Patronage opener modifier + Hostile moodier all stack together to cancel out everything.

There are some bonuses that you can get throughout the game that increase your resting point influence on city states.

Not a bug, Religious modifier + Patronage opener modifier + Hostile moodier all stack together to cancel out everything.
As i said, there is no religion. This is a modern start with religion turned OFF.

If you want a savegame i'll dig one for you. Could it be a display bug?

Top Bottom