Lindblum Civilization (FFIX)

scotchandcake

Chieftain
Introducting the Lindblum Civilization with Cid Fabool IX, from Final Fantasy IX.

This is my first mod, so I would be happy about any comments, suggestions and issues you find while playing it.
Thanks to many people from this site for tutorials and problem solving threads to clear them newbie modding issues!

"Subscribe" Link on Steam Workshop
Enjoy!

This civilization is made for all Final Fantasy lovers, but also for people who don't know Final Fantasy, or just don't care about it. It should work for everyone with -hopefully- interesting traits and units.

It is based around the idea of Cid being a mastermind engineer, which is reflected in the civ's attributes.

CIV INFOS:

- Trait: -Invention Genius-
Receive a free Master Engineer towards the end of every era, starting with the discovery of Engineering. Immediately start training a Great Engineer in the Capital.
(Master Engineer = Great Engineer, but can also construct most of the other Great Tile Improvements. +2 Great Engineer Points in the Capital)

- UU: -Bowmachine-
Replaces the Composite Bowman. Stronger, and the operating technician can adapt and tune the machine quickly to new situations.
(Ballista model, +2 ranged attack, earns promotions faster.)

- UU: -Lindblum Airship-
Airship from the Steampunk Scenario with adapted stats. Airships are a compulsory component of any Final Fantasy episode. Available at Steam Power, replaces the Ironclad.

MORE INFO:

- City names are taken various cities and locations in FFIX.
- Master Engineers sport names of FFIX characters, Spies are from the Tantalus Company.
- Cid's picture is taken from FFXII, simply because there are only bad and pixelated pictures of FF9's Cid availabe -> this one looks much better.
- If Cid is an AI player, you will meet him "in disguise of" William of Orange.
- The civ's trait is realized through the use of a unique unit (Master Engineer) and a unique building (Lindblum Grand Castle).
- Some art is taken from various internet sources at random (aka "at google"). If you own any of it, or know anyone who does, or know anyone who knows the sister of a friend whose mother does, let me know and I will of course replace/delete these items.

COMPATIBILITY/BALANCE:

- Needs G&K.
- Should be compatible with other mods. I tried with several activated and it worked well. If you experience any issues, let me know in the comments.
- I haven't tried the civ in multiplayer, I only play single. I don't know why it shouldn't work, but no guarantee here. Same goes for Hot Seat.

ISSUES:

- I am NOT an experienced modder, there may still be unsolved problems around. I played the civ through a full game and it seemed ok to me. If you notice anything, please let me know in the comments!
- Bringing Airships from the heavily altered scenario to the normal game caused about a million issues. I deleted the upgrade "Caravel -> Ironclad" to avoid sea promotions on Airships (which replace the Ironclad for Lindblum). Airships don't get extra exp from Barracks etc., I couldn't solve that. I gave them a new promotion that eliminates the rough terrain attack penalty, to make up for it.
- When the mod is activated, any civ (including Lindblum) can obtain Master Engineers through "receive a Great Person of your choice" events. I don't know how to avoid that / turn it off, but this only happens like 2-3 times per game, not much of a problem really.

Loved FF upto 9 lost interest after 10. Let see how Cid fairs in Civ5.
So far so good... Now if Civ5 can stop crashing i'll be happy.

Been using this civ for a while now, and I am really liking it! The Master Engineer is just plain awesome-sauce!

Top Bottom