Greater Europe - People of the Old World

Found a bug with the Picts. Oengus_Scene.xml references MirwasHotak.dds rather than Oengus.dds. Onegus_Scene.xml also isn't imported to VFS.

Will fix that. Thank you! :D

I figured that I should report a bug as well.
When I was playing as the Picts 3 additional versions of the UB were shown in the city's building list, all of them had the Zulu's UB as their icon.
It is an aesthetic thing, didn't have an effect on the gameplay. But I thought that you should be aware of it.

Not 100% sure what caused it, though I'm pretty sure that's just the dummy buildings playing up. I'll look into it, though I didn't have that problem myself.

This is irrelevant, but is your community expansion still being developed?

It's complicated. On one hand, I can probably pull something together myself, but on the other, that looses the point of community expansion. I guess the thing is that it needs to have more of the community involved, because as it stands, it's more a bunch of people saying stuff that I'm not too sure about myself, though I need to include for the sake of community. I'd say that if it's retaining its WWI theme, a release date at the Christmas Truce would be more than viable, but other than that, I'm unsure. I'll set up a thread now to see what people actually want as the theme, with controlled discussion to prevent anarchy (which people have decided doesn't really work).

Still looking for Basque ideas? Here's a concept I put together a while ago for an Ideology-focused Basque Civ:

Spoiler :
Íñigo Arista of Euskal Herria

Capital: Iruña (Pamplona)
Unique Ability: Gernikako Arbola — +2 :c5culture: from National Wonders. Other Civilizations receive a -10% Tourism Penalty for each completed Social Policy Tree or Tier 3 Tenet.
Unique Improvement: Baserri (requires Engineering) — Must be built on a Hill and cannot be adjacent to a City or another Baserri. +1 :c5food:, +1 :c5production:, +1 :c5culture:. Doubles yield with Architecture.
Unique Unit: Gudari (Infantry) — +10% Combat Strength for every completed Social Policy Tree or Tier 3 Tenet.

Also, any chance we'll see the Hansa as part of Greater Europe? The currently available version of the league is out-of-date and glitchy and I've been looking forward to adding them back in eventually.

Thanks! I'll take that into consideration when doing the Basque. Hansa could be done as well; nothing against that.

That said, if anyone wants to do something for Greater Europe, feel free to ask! I'm planning on making this as decentralised a possible, which is good for sorting out my work ethics. :p I have a massive list of other things I want to do no, including learning the Thai Alphabet for no paticular reason. Current civs more or less up for grabs:

Unspecified Silk Road civ (I have a few ideas for one already - the idea is to use generic Silk Road elements to form the base of a civ.)
Ireland (Unannounced, but I have some SQL done. I don't know exactly what to do with it, so I can hand it over to anyone who asks.)
Scotland (I want to do a version of this for Greater Europe, though with less typical elements and more insight of a Scot.)
Babylon (Under Hammurabi this time - it works under the present title of the thread, and is something I'd considered for a while.)
British Commonwealth (Can't remember the exact name, but thinking Cromwell here.)
Angevins (Probably Henry II as leader, not much idea on anything else, but something I'd like to see regardless.)
Spain Split (Not done a massive amount of code - perhaps the different civs could be split up among authors?)
Great Moravia (Can do myself, but if anyone wants to add their touch to it, feel free to ask!)

So, quite a few civs there, though not done before for the most part. Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Babylon (Under Hammurabi this time - it works under the present title of the thread, and is something I'd considered for a while.)

Praise the gods, someone is finally doing it!

Anyways, I am currently working on a Civilization of my own. I don't think it will take too long to finish it (need to figure out where the alpha templates, do the UU with its promotion and the relatively simple UA).

And if that is a success I coul take some work of your shoulders, naturally I can always do art.

Viregel pls

where's the poor old great moravia

Also did you thought about the uniques for that union yet?

For the Spain split are you thinking about using any of my previously mentioned elements? Either way, I'd love to another go at helping with ideas, any civs on that list you particularly need help with?

Or alternatively I could just post my ideas for all of them, I can probably think of some stuff! I have a few ideas for most of them, except Ireland and Moravia, which I don't know much about.

Hm... for unspecified Silk Road civ, I'd say Uzbekistan would be a nice option, even though it's kinda far from Europe.

Thanks! I'll take that into consideration when doing the Basque. Hansa could be done as well; nothing against that.

That said, if anyone wants to do something for Greater Europe, feel free to ask! I'm planning on making this as decentralised a possible, which is good for sorting out my work ethics. :p I have a massive list of other things I want to do no, including learning the Thai Alphabet for no paticular reason. Current civs more or less up for grabs:

Unspecified Silk Road civ (I have a few ideas for one already - the idea is to use generic Silk Road elements to form the base of a civ.)
Ireland (Unannounced, but I have some SQL done. I don't know exactly what to do with it, so I can hand it over to anyone who asks.)
Scotland (I want to do a version of this for Greater Europe, though with less typical elements and more insight of a Scot.)
British Commonwealth (Can't remember the exact name, but thinking Cromwell here.)
Angevins (Probably Henry II as leader, not much idea on anything else, but something I'd like to see regardless.)
Spain Split (Not done a massive amount of code - perhaps the different civs could be split up among authors?)
Great Moravia (Can do myself, but if anyone wants to add their touch to it, feel free to ask!)

So, quite a few civs there, though not done before for the most part. Thanks to anyone willing to help!
I'd be happy to do research and draft up uniques, leaders, and city lists, for some of these. I can also do character flairs like wonder competitiveness, warmonger hatred, etc. I'm not an artist or coder, though. I'm ready to take on anything specific or just get a general go ahead.

Sure, I'll get everything else done. But now, we have something necessary to do for every project titled "Greater Europe" (and apologies for changing focus in under 24 hours, everything will be back to normal in a few days (promise)) - Austria-Hungary!

Basically, we need to get this done by the 28th of July because WWI. Any ideas are needed, and of course art is as well (we have this icon of Franz Joseph done by JFD). I can probably handle the XML. As a draft of the civ:

UA: Crownlands
During “We Love the King Day”, gain +2 Culture for every citizen in the city. Garrisoned Units provide +3 to every yield.
UU: Gebirgsjäger
Unlike the Great War Infantry it replaces, the Gebirgsjäger has a Combat Bonus next to Mountains, as well as double movement on Hills. +1 Sight and Movement.
UB: Concert Hall
Replaces Opera House. Great Works of Music in the Concert Hall provide extra Culture. If a unit is trained in a city where the Concert Hall as an Austrian Theming Bonus, the unit gains XP and the city begins a “We Love the King Day”.

Any thoughts? I kinda want to keep the UU in the WWI zone, but aside from that, I don't really have much else to say on it. This is more as a commemoration of the First World War than anything else, so be as biased towards it as you want. :p

UA: Crownlands
During “We Love the King Day”, gain +2 Culture for every citizen in the city. Garrisoned Units provide +3 to every yield.

Can you explain this in a bit more detail?
Basically if I have a Machine Gun in my city durin wltkd a tile plains tile (1 food and 1 production) will turn into a 4 food and 4 production tile?

Seems really strong even if it is just during we love the king day.

Oh, I meant that it would just provide +3 Production, +3 Food, +3 Gold, etc. Though it could scale depending on what the unit was. As for the culture during "We Love the King Day" - it's just a bonus to get you a bit of extra culture, though it could be toned to one culture. I'm not too sure what would be balanced here.

I think the Garrisoned Units bonus shouldn't be active for all kinds of unit/all the time, else the early game would be really, really easy, as all you had to do is not move your warrior. Like making it work only during wartime/after the industrial era/only for gunpowder units.

If the Gebirgsjäger already has double movements on hills, I dont think they should have +1 movement bonus. And the UB + UA work too strong together.

I must say I dont know much about Austria-Hungary though, but I think they should be more war focused. How about a Trench Improvement? Or since it's the union of austria and hungary, make them receive a free settler that may found a city without much unhappiness.

I am usually biased towards making war focused civs though, being the warmonger that I am :p

My Ideas:

Unique Ability - Indivisible and Inseparable: Non-Puppeted Cities receive 2% Production (Up to a maximum of 25%) for each X food being generated in every puppeted cities during "We Love the King Day". Each puppeted city contributes points towards a "We Love the King Day" in non-puppeted cities.

Unique Unit - Gebirgsjäger: Replaces the Great War Infantry. Increased combat strength near mountains and double movement on hills. +X% (25%?) Combat Strength when attacking cities from a non-pillaged improvement.

Unique Building - Concert Hall: Replaces the Opera House. Yields = 2 Happiness and 2 Maintenance, has 2 Great Work of Music slots. If a unit is trained in a city where the Concert Hall has an Austrian Theming Bonus, the unit gains additional XP and this city receive extra points towards a “We Love the King Day".

Austria-Hungary focused on going wide through conquest (Edit: LOL I removed the part that helps that, but I guess the Puppet bonuses help), and with nifty new ways of having a We Love The King Day. My sense o OP/UP is broken, so if you think its UP you can add new things to the UA related to puppet cities. :crazyeye:

Problem is that you don't get points towards "We Love the King Day" unless someone can sort that out. :( How about that's changed to a Golden Age instead? It has to be said, though, I really like the subtle reference to the effective Austrian control over the region.

Other progress - I think I'm currently failing on the map, but I have an icon for the Concert Hall. If anyone can have a go at the LH or the map, then that would be greatly appreciated!

Problem is that you don't get points towards "We Love the King Day" unless someone can sort that out.

If there is a lua command to start a We Love the King Day, you can use lua to generate a timer using dummy buildings in every city, and start the day once the timer reach a certain number.

Other progress - I think I'm currently failing on the map, but I have an icon for the Concert Hall. If anyone can have a go at the LH or the map, then that would be greatly appreciated!
I can give a try.

edit: City:SetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter?

If there is a lua command to start a We Love the King Day, you can use lua to generate a timer using dummy buildings in every city, and start the day once the timer reach a certain number.

edit: City:SetWeLoveTheKingDayCounter?

That seems a bit obvious. :p If it works, then that would be fantastic! :D

I can give a try.

Thanks! I'll compile the XML at some point today while awaiting your fantasticness (because that is totally a word).

Top Bottom