Active City Defense

I'd really like to install this mod, but it seems you can't do it from this page as there's no file attached, and my mod browser doesn't work at all...

could you attach the file please? Or perhaps send it to me via e-mail (adress: s.bezmy@gmail.com)? I'd be mighty grateful :)

I second that.

The Active City Defense MOD just does not appear in my MOD browser !
Should be under A shouldn't it?

I have to note that in my case the Mod Browser is so poor that you can only see the available MODs for 1 minute or so and then it all disappears.
I have to completely restart the pc and then I get another minute.
Takes five restarts to see the whole list ....
But no Active City Defense MOD in the list !

Rather elaborate way of browsing the MODs.
Please let me know if I am the only one with such problems.
Might help me solve or understand it.

Viator

UPDATE

MOD BROWSER GOES BLANK PROBLEM

:) THE SOLUTION I found on the 2K Forum:

if you are using a router, and the router has its own firewall on, it causes problems.
At your own risk of course :badcomp: turn off your router's firewall, BUT not the windows one!

Well, I hope it helps some of you,
Greetings
Viator

great mod Afforess :goodjob:
maybe give walls/catle +x% to gold? and/or happiness, culture etc.
faster recovery idea is great but maybe you should not create a new building for this but give this bonus to castle and military base. +20%, +30%

Yeah, I've considered giving the Walls and Castle each +1 culture. We'll see.

I'd really like to install this mod, but it seems you can't do it from this page as there's no file attached, and my mod browser doesn't work at all...

could you attach the file please? Or perhaps send it to me via e-mail (adress: s.bezmy@gmail.com)? I'd be mighty grateful :)

I second that.

The Active City Defense MOD just does not appear in my MOD browser !
Should be under A shouldn't it?

I have to note that in my case the Mod Browser is so poor that you can only see the available MODs for 1 minute or so and then it all disappears.
I have to completely restart the pc and then I get another minute.
Takes five restarts to see the whole list ....
But no Active City Defense MOD in the list !

Rather elaborate way of browsing the MODs.
Please let me know if I am the only one with such problems.
Might help me solve or understand it.

Viator

The mod browser should work fine, and I'm not posting a second copy here, too much hassle and confusion. If you have issues finding it, search for "Afforess" in the mod browser and all my mods will be listed. This works for all modders. ;)

It doesn't :) It really doesn't, trust me when I say - it doesn't work! period

it should... but it doesn't

Okay, well I'm working on V.2 here. I'll upload that to the OP when it's done. ;)

Sounds like a great mod, I think I'll have to try it in my next game.

One idea I'd had, related to siege of cities, which may be possible to implement was the way the garrisoned unit impacts the siege. For example, having siege weapons in the city could give splash damage to the city attack, having knights in the city could increase combat rating of the city, archers could extend the range of the city's attack, etc. Not sure how possible these kinds of modifications would be to make, but it's food for thought :)

It doesn't :) It really doesn't, trust me when I say - it doesn't work! period

it should... but it doesn't

for me it has been downloaded pretty ok
maybe you have problems with your software e.g. firewall or something :rolleyes:

Would really appreciate an upload somewhere :/ MOD browser still does not work here, still the original issue of 20 second use then all blanks out.

I found the mod by going to all the typed in city defence I think or just defence, but yeah, you need to report this is the bug section and you can search for the mod by the authors name too :)

I love this mod, has really helped with the American's constantly battering down my doors and has helpped me to keep them at bay long enough to fight back a bit more haha

I like Quethas' idea about increasing a cities power based on the defenders inside - it would be great to see different bonuses based on type - but maybe just +1 range if you have ranged units inside? or +1 to the range of a ranged attacker on the city square?

I like Quethas' idea about increasing a cities power based on the defenders inside - it would be great to see different bonuses based on type - but maybe just +1 range if you have ranged units inside? or +1 to the range of a ranged attacker on the city square?

I'd love to make these changes too, but I can't without the Civ5 source code. Lua can only do so much. ;)

This works for all modders. ;)
"My name is nobody" ;)
Just for statistics: Whatever I try, like dropping all my defense systems, it is still the same issue of 32 seconds use then all blanks out. Then I have to restart the computer completely before I can get another 32 seconds. I can live with that, but here comes the worst:
If you have issues finding it, search for "Afforess" in the mod browser and all my mods will be listed.
I found 53 MODs and maps and versions of MODs after restarting my computer 6 times, but "Afforess" does not seem to exist .... :rolleyes:
Search result zero :scan:

So no Afforessic MODs for me :sad:

So Long,
Viator

UPDATE

MOD BROWSER GOES BLANK PROBLEM

:) THE SOLUTION I found on the 2K Forum:

if you are using a router, and the router has its own firewall on, it causes problems.
At your own risk of course :badcomp: turn off your router's firewall, BUT not the windows one!

Well, I hope it helps some of you,
Greetings
Viator

I'd love to make these changes too, but I can't without the Civ5 source code. Lua can only do so much. ;)

And they claimed this was the most modifiable version of civ yet, I think they need to release a new set of code to allow people like you to give people like us our dreams :king:

And they claimed this was the most modifiable version of civ yet, I think they need to release a new set of code to allow people like you to give people like us our dreams :king:

It is. Will be. :p

We will get DLL access, but not for a few months; Patches to put out first (need a stable code-base before letting us mess with it), and need to clean it up. Same thing happened with civ4.

Great mod, I have some more ideas for city defence.

In the early game the cities have a base strength of 6 add a few points for population and you end up at 9-11. The problem is that cities does not get any bonuses from general or promotions etc. A player get all these bonuses so a strength of 9-11 is not strong enough, add the fact that the default attack strength of the ranged attack is 40% of strength which is way weak and mostly deals 2 hp damage which is the minimum range damage.

I think the base strength could go up a little and maybe increase city hitpoints. Doing a small adjustment to the range attack % could also boost cities.

One observation to note. When the AI is building up to have enough strength to attack a city, the AI sometimes park the units next to the city. I think the automatic damage might cause AI to loose more than they should. So I think the automatic damage works much more in the favor of the human player. In a game where the odds in tactical battle allready seem to be stacked against the AI it might not be the most balanced way to make cities harder to take. That said most people wont allow the AI to take their cities anyway so it might not be a big problem (I think a lot of human players in most cases will reload if they actually loose a city)

The mod does appear in the browser, but in my new game I notice that the walls are still at 1gp maintenance when i chose the option to build them.

The mod does appear in the browser, but in my new game I notice that the walls are still at 1gp maintenance when i chose the option to build them.

Another mod you have installed it likely overriding it. ;)

With regards to cities not receiving great general bonuses (bona imperatoria, if you will), perhaps city bombardment could be changed to deal double damage when a great general is present in the city -- or alternatively, that they can bombard twice per turn when a general is within.

Top Bottom