Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

I think they're working on NTW 3 for M2:TW.

Napoleon: Total War is an upcoming expansion to E:TW. Google it.

...wow, this thread makes so much more sense if you guys haven't heard about NTW.

Ever play Hearts of Iron? The more I play Civ the more I realize how similar these games are.

The game focuses on WW2 but the mechanics are some what similar (cities drive the economy with each city assigned resources). Supply and logistics are a major part of the game engine. Air units consume oil and the further away the units are from home the more oil spent. Must have a direct line to the units to a resource depot (not necessarily the capital). Since the resources are consumed you'd have to find a way to restock it - either take over a city or clear a path for supply line.

Imagine being Japan and needing to take over multiple oil locations in order to keep your war weary troops in Hawaii supplied.

Whew - I want to play again.

HoI also has a tech tree and some sliders affect government and economy - but there is only one victory condition. Be on the winning alliance.

Yeah, we've had several major AARs on HoI2, but its logistics is still fairly simplistic.
Napoleon: Total War is an upcoming expansion to E:TW. Google it.

It's a separate game, not sure if it even qualifies for standalone expansion.

Ostensibly it "integrates" into ETW, adding tech tree stuff and new units to the original ETW GC.

Yeah, we've had several major AARs on HoI2, but its logistics is still fairly simplistic.

What game has a more complex logistics system?

*Another side question: Is there a game that doesn't require micro management of individual battles? THe player should delegate the orders to a lesser general. I envision it this way:

After stacking up the units, assigning them to a leader. And positioning them into place, the player then assigns a task and the computer tediously carries it out.

ie - Cao Cao must take over all of Sun Ce's territory in 3 years.

HoI's logistics system is pretty basic tbh, provinces supply resources, they are added to a nation-wide pool in your capital, the only 'complex' part is shipping and region supply, although I never have a problem (except sometimes convoys bug up).

hoi and total war are two very different games.

"Hoi" sounds like a form of street punk that's clumsily bucking for upper class.

Hahahaha. Elitist nickname for Paradox fans: "HoI polloi"? :lmao:

*Another side question: Is there a game that doesn't require micro management of individual battles? THe player should delegate the orders to a lesser general. I envision it this way:

After stacking up the units, assigning them to a leader. And positioning them into place, the player then assigns a task and the computer tediously carries it out.

ie - Cao Cao must take over all of Sun Ce's territory in 3 years.

I've just bought Company of Heroes, and if you tell your men to attack a position they will do so fairly intelligently (ie; they use tactics up to the section level rather than standing there and getting shot to peices). Is that what you mean?

HoI?

PFFFFFF

Eh? Where'd you see that?

It would still be a different game unless it wanted to fail completely in any resemblance to WW1 at all. We've been over this.

They COULD do Great War: Total War, it would just have to be designed very differently and I don't trust CA to even manage to do the AI by release with using the same basic formula from previous games as it is.

... have you ever asked yourself why ww1 themed games don't exist?

Yea, because it would make for a horrendously boring gaming experience.

Top Bottom