Anyone know when it's out on mac?

Linux player here, Steam shows BERT as installed but nothing's changed inside the game and I don't see any files that look like they indicate BERT in the game directory... I'll give it a couple of working days to see if things just weren't quite as synchronous as I thought they would be.

Aspyr sent out the serial to those who already purchased BERT. I added it to my Steam library, but, per Aspyr, it will not install until midnight tonight. So, to the OP, it's available for the Mac day 1.

It was released at 12:01 AM EST today. My copy started downloading immediately when I launched Steam.

It loaded while I was at work, yay!

... although from reading about all the bugs and planned changes, now I'm not sure whether I want to play just now or wait for the patch first...

It runs on my MacBook Air but crashes during the load game phase on my iMac (late 2013 model). BE ran great on my iMac. Sent the crashlog to Aspyr.

I'm a Mac player (and longtime Civ fan) too! The Mac forums got less active the past couple years... probably when Civ mac went to Steam, things streamlined a bit.

Top Bottom