Issue with ToTPP

Tanelorn

Deity
Something strange happened. After I saved my current WIP in 1.4 for the first time, the game stopped updating for any changes I made on the units.bmp in game, but not on the civilopedia, which shows the correct units.
This only happened to the units bmp, not the cities or the terrain bmps. I am reinstalling vanilla to double check. Has this occured before?

The same happens in the fresh vanilla installation, in the original game (not a scenario). I am dumbfounded.

Obviously, you are right!
Thank you, Ciaran.
Meanwhile I uninstalled and reinstalled everything :wallbash:
Where is my mind?

There:

Attachments

• WIP.png
    WIP.png
    354 KB · Views: 214
Greco-Italian war & Battle of Greece, October 1940 to April 1941, weekly turns (edit- Alex had done it in "Hispaniola"). Small map, 3 civs, few, unbuildable, event given units. Graphics 70%, units 100%, rules and events 50%.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Avro Anson.png
    Tanelorn Avro Anson.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 405
I'm going to hazard a guess that it's meant to be played as the Greeks to make sure Mussolini doesn't get his train of conquest going on time... ;)

Well, in theory, regiments will hold off "divisions". But it will take smart use of defensive terrain.
The impressive Italian startup roster, though Regia marina better not loiter around in Taranto, stringbags are coming:

Attachments

• wip1.png
    wip1.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 179
  • wip2.png
    wip2.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 174
  • wip3.png
    wip3.png
    185 KB · Views: 214
Whose the third player? Yugoslavia? Germany? The British?

Bulgaria, will be fenced off with one way invisible unit borders so that only Germans can go through, when the time comes. The Germans are separate from the Italians so as not to suffer from the same penalties that Mussolini's character entails (despotism).
I will also give Il Duce "Bulgarian assistance" to research if everything else fails for him by april 41.
Yugoslavia will be represented by three weak static targets.
The Commownealth will be researched as allies, the RAF as regular reinforcements, the RN first as "force X", then as the Alexandria, Malta and Gibraltar squadrons.
Finally, "force W" Anzacs, Brits and maybe the Poles from Palestine that were earmarked for it will be researchable, with some consequenses...

Yugos are now a civ, active only in northern Albania vs the Italians. Months are renamed week 1 to 12. Not sure if/how to rename years to 1st to 3rd trimester...

Yugos are now an active civ only in northen Albania vs the Italians after the Germans invade. I renamed months to week 1 (nov 1940) to 12 in labels.txt and set the year to 1 (1st to 3rd trimester-jul 1941-). Need ideas, how put the word "trimester" in the date. Historically, operation Marita was done by the end of Apil 41 and operation Mekur by the 1st of June.
I will put the actual invasion date (28th October 1940) in the intro text.

Given Fallschirmjager are a necessary unit for the Battle of Crete, how will you stop the AI controlling them from dropping behind that impassable barrier you mentioned between Greece/Albania/Bulgaria and Yugoslavia (my experience is that the Civ2 AI LOVES to use paradrop units if they have them)?

Top Bottom