Civilopedia 5 online

Updated for what? I haven't seen any updates to the game for quite a while now, so there hasn't been anything for me to refresh. If you're referring to updating it for Civilization: Beyond Earth - I'd like to try and put something out if the file structure is roughly the same (and I'd imagine it will be since it's working on the Civ V engine). I just got home from a long trip this evening so I haven't even had a chance to buy the game yet. ;)

i found out from one of my GotMs that the game description of how score is calculated is off, at least not updated for BNW i think.

here is the thread discussing it.

and the very thorough post detailing what does count for score is in post 17.

hope this helps.

Updated for what? I haven't seen any updates to the game for quite a while now, so there hasn't been anything for me to refresh. If you're referring to updating it for Civilization: Beyond Earth - I'd like to try and put something out if the file structure is roughly the same (and I'd imagine it will be since it's working on the Civ V engine). I just got home from a long trip this evening so I haven't even had a chance to buy the game yet. ;)
For the new patch. For example, there are two new resources.

The problem is that the in-game Civilopedia itself hasn't been updated to accurately reflect how score is computed (see topic "Determining Score" which does not mention, e.g., religious beliefs, etc.). Since the online Civilopedia is supposed to match the in-game Civilopedia, if the in-game version is wrong, both will be wrong.

ah, i never knew what symbiotic kind of thing went on there. i rarely use in-game Civilopedia so I've never tried to compare or verify in-game. are they required to be identical? i'm surprised that in-game it isnt version-based info (for those who never bought some of the expansions/DLCs and seeing Civilio info on religion or spying).

I think the online version is essentially a scraped version of the in-game version, without creative additions and corrections.

well, score points definitely changed with the addition of religion and the social policy changes. if you check my links to the actual game code (from Monthar) you'll see how far off it is. GotM just tried for the first time to only do a game competing with Score. it was very new to all of us as none of our regulars had been playing score-based games either. when I linked to Determining Score via civilo some people game tested and checked, posted about it, and I realized it wasnt up to date.

i dunno if anything can be done but if it can, it would help. they liked the Score based game and I'd like to that again. I can use Monthar's info for the future if it can't.

I don't see Firaxis updating the Civilopedia at this point, so relying on Monthar and the XML may be your best option.

just checked the in-game Civilopedia file on Domination Victory while in a BNW game. That description no longer applies since BNW was released. Players must capture and hold all opponent Capitals now, not just be the last Civ in control of their Capital (meaning opponents cant help in the matter by also taking a cap so you dont have to).

There is no description of the culture mechanic for Moai, the Unique Improvement for Polynesia. There is a shared bonus for each Moai adjacent to each other. Instead it lists the history of it, not the game value.

I know it is very late and no longer matters but there is no text description of the Mehal Sefari on the website. i thought i remembered one there in the past.

edit: actually, nevermind. for some reason formatting has it placed all the way at the bottom overlapping other boxes and unreadable but it is there. i think it has to do with the site being somewhat incompatible with my new ultrawide monitor. sorry.

Top Bottom