SINGLE Most Frustrating Thing in Civ5?

That is annoying. I wonder if there is a way to make the AI realize it's effectively helping your enemy by refusing to give you open borders in that situation?

I'd like more control over how long deals like open borders and peace treaties last.

They do realize this. Remember, all AI are against you no matter what, no matter your Diplo stance towards them, and no matter your size or strength.

You can also do this strategy though :b Capture an enemy city, give the city to someone who doesn't have open borders with your enemy (but you do, and give it for a good amount of gold) and then heal. Repeat.

Great Admirals are about useless! They would be great if I could get them to my fleet before the war ended!

-Frdmlover

I like them to explore the world before I can cross ocean tiles.

My most annoying thing is being denounced by 8 different leaders in a turn and having to deal with the stupid popups. Give me a notification on the right like I get when I lose my connection with an allied City-State, but don't make me have to wait for some stupid leader-screen to load just so I can click it away.

Maybe there is something I don't know that makes this "fair" but possible the most frustrated I get is when the follow scenario occurs:

An AI player will capture a worker of mine, and instantly deletes it giving me no chance to get it back. This is simply BS because when I capture I worker it starts with no moves, and there for I cannot delete it until the next turn. But through either a glitch or flatout cheating the AI can insta-disband my workers when it captures them. Or maybe it teleports somewhere? I'm not entirely sure but point is either way it cheats me out of a worker.

I just had a CS do that to me. it said I had a worker stolen..I clicked the popup and went to where it was, but there was only a unit there, worker was gone already.

Unit-hopping, without a doubt. I know this isn't applicable for a lot of people, but in multiplayer games, having the camera switch when in combat with another player can be game-breaking. So frustrating.

Unit-hopping, without a doubt. I know this isn't applicable for a lot of people, but in multiplayer games, having the camera switch when in combat with another player can be game-breaking. So frustrating.

oh my god, the most tilting thing ever!!!!
"the enemy just moved onto the front lines and you need to react quickly?"
-jump to newly produced worker, AFTER EVERY ORDER YOU GIVE ON THE BATTLEFIELD
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

also i'd like to add the interface / settings needs massive improvement
for example, hosting a multiplayer game, pick quick move, turn timer, etc, it will NEVER SAVE THEM EVER. even if you just click "back".

Also supposedly fixed in the upcoming patch.

It can't come soon enough.

oh my god, the most tilting thing ever!!!!
"the enemy just moved onto the front lines and you need to react quickly?"
-jump to newly produced worker, AFTER EVERY ORDER YOU GIVE ON THE BATTLEFIELD
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

also i'd like to add the interface / settings needs massive improvement
for example, hosting a multiplayer game, pick quick move, turn timer, etc, it will NEVER SAVE THEM EVER. even if you just click "back".

Yes! Oh I know makes me soo mad. Then when it is the turning point of the war, I mean a few moves doesn't usually decide a war, but there are those situations when getting the first attacks can decide the war

The amount of time bombing animations take.
Especially if an enemy Civ is sending lots of planes over one at a time against one city.

I think we could forgive the loss of the menacing hum to have planes just appear or whiz over to the city at greater speeds.

Especially if an enemy Civ is sending lots of planes over one at a time against one city.

I think we could forgive the loss of the menacing hum to have planes just appear or whiz over to the city at greater speeds.

I know this music. The game should figure how many aircraft are attacking in the turn and just have them all appear at the same time like a bomber wave. Realistic, would look great and quicker instead of one bomber for the next 5 minutes.

there is a rants thread, everyone welcome

There is a mod for that. Changes the animation speed to x2, and tells you how to make it as fast as you want if you want it faster

Just swich off animations on video options... simple.

The most anoying tinhg to me are the suiciding automated workers when at war. Some of them stupidly go directly to the AI army...

Maybe there is something I don't know that makes this "fair" but possible the most frustrated I get is when the follow scenario occurs:

An AI player will capture a worker of mine, and instantly deletes it giving me no chance to get it back. This is simply BS because when I capture I worker it starts with no moves, and there for I cannot delete it until the next turn. But through either a glitch or flatout cheating the AI can insta-disband my workers when it captures them. Or maybe it teleports somewhere? I'm not entirely sure but point is either way it cheats me out of a worker.

I was going to agree, but just today, I built a workers and they was instantly captured by barbarians. Remembering this post I thought I`d lost them since they appeared to vanish. However, I had soldiers nearby and a city and hit the barbarians with the city arrows then attacked with my soldiers in vengeance, destroying the Barbarians.

Next turn, my settlers re-appeared! They had not been destroyed at all and returned to us when we occupied the spot. they only appeared to vanish because the Barbarians were occupying the spot.

Without doubt the global happiness mechanic. Whoever thought of this should be taken outside and flogged with a steel-tipped horsewhip.

Top Bottom