City States Update

Isn't Samarqand a Mongolian city in the game though? And Turingmachine change Kyzyl name to troy then you have real city-state.

Where have we seen Yangon as a city state??

That list is strange though
Why would Bucharest be a religious city state?
That makes zero sense

"Bucharest is the seat of the Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church, one of the Eastern Orthodox churches in communion with the Patriarch of Constantinople, and also of its subdivisions, the Metropolis of Muntenia and Dobrudja and the Archbishopric of Bucharest. Orthodox believers consider Demetrius of Thessaloniki to be the patron saint of the city.

The city is a center for other religious organizations in Romania, including the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Bucharest." - Just something lol, I don't know why I bothered to post I was really bored.

That list is strange though
Why would Bucharest be a religious city state?
That makes zero sense
And the fact when the US air dropped 20,000 bibles in communist Romania and then they used the bibles as toilet paper because they were short of toilet paper. So you can say there toilets were very religious.

Where have we seen Yangon as a city state??

We haven't. It's from someone's imaginary wikipedia list.

As for "why would Bucharest be changed?" It's just a guess at what's going on. It seems that they are adding two entirely new city states to each category, except, they haven't added any religious city states so far, and too many cultured city states. We've already seen that they switched Kathmandu's type to religious, and at a guess they've probably changed another's too. As Bucharest and Florence are the only ones we haven't seen, if they have done this, it would have been one of those two. Between the two of them, I'd figure it would Bucharest if they were indeed doing this, but who knows...

Additionally, it might be worth doing a head count of all the city states again, reconfirming each one to make sure it wasn't one we happened to miss that was made religious.

We haven't. It's from someone's imaginary wikipedia list.

As for "why would Bucharest be changed?" It's just a guess at what's going on. It seems that they are adding two entirely new city states to each category, except, they haven't added any religious city states so far, and too many cultured city states. We've already seen that they switched Kathmandu's type to religious, and at a guess they've probably changed another's too. As Bucharest and Florence are the only ones we haven't seen, if they have done this, it would have been one of those two. Between the two of them, I'd figure it would Bucharest if they were indeed doing this, but who knows...

Additionally, it might be worth doing a head count of all the city states again, reconfirming each one to make sure it wasn't one we happened to miss that was made religious.

Bucharest has been spotted but we just don't know if it is still cultured. If it is cultured then we have a complete list of 12 cultured city-states. As for Florence it might be changed to a mercantile city-state since we still need a new one with a new color combination.

Bucharest has been spotted but we just don't know if it is still cultured. If it is cultured then we have a complete list of 12 cultured city-states. As for Florence it might be changed to a mercantile city-state since we still need a new one with a new color combination.

Florence may have been changed to Mercantile, but I wouldn't see why. Here's how it stands from what I can tell (only the new and changed ones listed directly):

Militaristic:
+Sofia
+Mbanza-Kongo

Cultured:
+Kabul
+Kiev
+Kyzyl
+Buenos Aires
-Kathmandu

Mercantile:
+Samarkand

Maritime:
+Ur

Religious:
+Kathmandu

It's only a guess that it's 2 a piece, but going from 10-10-10-6-6 to 12-12-12-8-8 would seem most likely. If that were the case I'd expect at least one of the unseen (as in, not knowing it's colour type yet) cultured ones (Florence or Bucharest) to change type, but I guess it could be to Maritime, Religious or Mercantile at this point. I just figured as we already saw a switch to Religious it would make sense. We'll have to see what comes off though.

"Bucharest is the seat of the Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church, one of the Eastern Orthodox churches in communion with the Patriarch of Constantinople, and also of its subdivisions, the Metropolis of Muntenia and Dobrudja and the Archbishopric of Bucharest. Orthodox believers consider Demetrius of Thessaloniki to be the patron saint of the city.

The city is a center for other religious organizations in Romania, including the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Bucharest." - Just something lol, I don't know why I bothered to post I was really bored.

Similar things can be said of almost all european capitals
I still fail to see how could Bucharest be thought as a religious city-state
Actually I would have put them as militaristic. Cultural also doesn't feel right in a historical point of view

Having said that, there stranger things about city states.
Kyzyl getting in as a cultural city-state for example

Similar things can be said of almost all european capitals
I still fail to see how could Bucharest be thought as a religious city-state
Actually I would have put them as militaristic. Cultural also doesn't feel right in a historical point of view

Having said that, there stranger things about city states.
Kyzyl getting in as a cultural city-state for example

Mbanza-Kongo being Militaristic also sticks out as an odd one.

Kyzyl is a real city? I though that was a joke, but then I googled it... ;)

Anyways, they can switch the types around depending on the mood of the coder assigned to it, for most city states, there are arguments for all types after all... They can also move one of the two cultural ones to a existing militaristic one and that one to a religious one, just as an example. Or they decided to change the formula... ;) So many possibilities...

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but the recent Dutch preview had Antananarivo as a Zulu city (at around 4:40, when they show the espionage screen). Given that Antananarivo is in Madagascar and that the same screen also shows Valletta under Zulu control, I would guess that it's a new city state that the Zulu conquered.

Antanarivo could simply come under Zulu's city list, unless you saw the city banner with the city state icon there's not much evidence, and yes, it is in Madagascar, but it is still close enough to Zulu geographically speaking.

Antananarivo would be a ridiculous choice to add the the Zulu city list, especially given that it isn't even on the African continent, nor is it that close to area controlled by the Zulu. The Merina kingdom was relevant during the Scramble for Africa, so I'd bet it is a city-state.

That seems to be another city state :D! Great catch

Antanarivo could simply come under Zulu's city list, unless you saw the city banner with the city state icon there's not much evidence, and yes, it is in Madagascar, but it is still close enough to Zulu geographically speaking.

That is just impossible. Antanarivo is a new city state, Im 100% sure about that. Antanarivo is a 2 million city and capital of Madagascar. Having Antanarivo as a Zulu city makes as much sense as having Moscow as the capital of Huns.

Top Bottom