Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

This doesn't mean that we have to start giving out refunds again, does it EF? All of those cheques for $0 really use up a lot of paper. :lol:

I think we should seriously discuss if now is the right time to activate the BUG trojan horse.

Edit: Anna Hathaway again? Seems she had a flat hair day.

I think we should seriously discuss if now is the right time to activate the BUG trojan horse.

Does the Trojan have new Civs in it? ;) If so, let's roll!

I will say it again. As this Mod Stands it's a Legendary Classic and all of the countless hours this entire team has put in go to show how dedicated you have always been to it, and for that we all owe you major thanks.

Anything added is a bonus, and the fact that you all take the time to discuss these things here should help people see how much you've given to it. Thanks for all you have done, and continue to do, a great many of us sincerely appreciate it. :goodjob:

Civscale is a component of the actual Blue Marble install package and is not incorporated in BAT. If you download and install Blue Marble, it will give you the option of changing the font scale, as well as coloring your HUD environment. Keep in mind that doing that will change the fonts and HUD color for all games, not just with BAT.

I installed Blue Marble a long time ago so that it runs all of my BtS games. Where can I find the Install file mentioned above to change the font? I know this is probably obvious, but I'm not the most proficient at going in and altering things. Thanks.

Nope. Not Anne this time. :mischief:

I installed Blue Marble a long time ago so that it runs all of my BtS games. Where can I find the Install file mentioned above to change the font? I know this is probably obvious, but I'm not the most proficient at going in and altering things. Thanks.
Just run the BM installer, but instead of doing the terrain graphics install, choose the font settings tab. It will let you choose from some different options for HUD color and font size/type.

Two quick questions, hope this is where it should be. If not please move.

#1 Is there a Document or something that gives a "snapshot" of things that were enhanced in the BAT mod? Just trying to find something in one spot that lists the tweaks that were done, and I'm way to swamped to dig through huge threads to piece something together. I'm not even super worried about complete updates or anything, just a general idea of what's been done. Maybe a version history or something? I may just be overlooking it.

#2 I have finally branched out to play some different leaders. I realize the traits attached to the leader make many of them interchangeable, but I'm trying to keep things in their place in my mind, before I venture out into playing Random Leaders and/or Random Traits. A little historic flavor sounds like fun, especially with the likes of the leaders included in BAT. That said, is there a discussion thread somewhere covering the leaders that were introduced with BAT?

Thanks for any help you provide, as always.

#1 should be in the "Download BUG and BAT here" thread, I think...

As for #2, Avain has a sub forum for Leaders of Varietas Delectat that can usually be found through his VD forums in C&C.

Hope that helps a bit. I can't seem to link anything today. :(

Hi there.
Can someone direct me to where you can turn on the permanent resource bubbles? I installed Bug mod 4.4 on BTS 3.19 but those bubbles I neither have nor can I find the button for them. Or are they form a different mod?

Can someone direct me to where you can turn on the permanent resource bubbles?

That is a feature of Civ4 proper. I believe you just hit CTRL + R, but there is also an icon right above the minimap and below the scoreboard.

Hi there, I'm a total modding noob, so forgive my ignorance in this department.

I've installed BUG and Blue Marble as CustomAssets on my Mac - hence no DLL-tweaks. My (limited) understanding of these mods are that they're purely presentational - with no alterations to models or controllers or any game logic.

Does this mean I can use these mods when playing multiplayer with my BtS-vanilla-running mate? Or do they affect the saves in such a way that we both need the mods installed?

Hi there, I'm a total modding noob, so forgive my ignorance in this department.

I've installed BUG and Blue Marble as CustomAssets on my Mac - hence no DLL-tweaks. My (limited) understanding of these mods are that they're purely presentational - with no alterations to models or controllers or any game logic.

Does this mean I can use these mods when playing multiplayer with my BtS-vanilla-running mate? Or do they affect the saves in such a way that we both need the mods installed?
I believe that if they are in Custom Assets, you're good to go as far as MP is concerned. It's only if you run an actual mod that you both need to use the same one.

But someone that actually knows something might feel otherwise. Ruff? EF? Help? :lol:

I never had any luck getting an MP game going with Alerum using various techniques, but I know others have. I believe that under MP the Python in CustomAssets is entirely ignored, and that means BUG won't work unless everyone in the game installs the same version of it as a mod.

I believe BlueMarble being all graphics does work in MP without the others needing to install it.

Thanks guys. We'll test this later, and I'll post back with our findings. But after playing a few rounds with the BUG mod, I'm quite sure my friend will want to leverage the awesomeness too. :)

I want to upgrade to the latest version of BUG for my BtS 3.19 install, which is currently installed in custom assets. I have no idea what version of BUG I have installed but I'm sure it's not the newest one. What's the most painless way to do this?

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, I did spend some time looking.

I want to upgrade to the latest version of BUG for my BtS 3.19 install, which is currently installed in custom assets. I have no idea what version of BUG I have installed but I'm sure it's not the newest one. What's the most painless way to do this?

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, I did spend some time looking.
I would suggest you download the latest version and install using 'single player' (that will put it into customassets). From memory, I think it asks if you want to rename your existing customassets folder first. The other option is to rename customassets before running the install.

I installed BAT, played it through a game and I absolutely love it! It definitely improves the experience of the game.

However, for a number of civilizations, I prefer the original/old flags compared to the new flags that BAT.

Is there a way I can change the flag that is used by a civilization to the one that was previously used? I read about doing that by deleting specific art from custom assets but my custom assets seems to be full of folders with no art in it.

Anyone know how I can revert to the original flags for some of the civs?

I recently re-install Civ 4 w/ BTS patch 3.19 on a new PC. I installed the current BAT Mod as well as the BUG Mod 4.4. When I launch Civ 4, it launches Civ 4 Bug Mod 4.4, which is fine. When I launch the BAT mod, it launched the BAT Mod. No issues.

However, now, when I launch CIV 4 (with BUG 4.4), it shows "BUG 4.4" in the top right hand corner. On my other PC, I use the BUG 4.4 Mod but it doesn't show it on the opening screen (I know I was using the BUG mod because I could access the menu in-game). Plus, saved games I can open on with BUG 4.4 on my other computer, I can't open them now. It says I need to re-launch using no MOD.

Any ideas?

I tried to setup the BUG 4.4 as a Mod but CIV 4 still launches with BUG 4.4 automatically. In the .ini file Mod = BUG 4.4.

It sounds like you installed BUG as a mod instead of to CustomAssets (a.k.a. single-player). When it shows the name in the main menu, it means a mod is loaded. BUG can be installed to CustomAssets which means it is always active (as long as you don't load a mod such as BAT).

The games from the other computer are not tied to BUG because there you have BUG installed to CustomAssets. So you can simply install BUG again and select the CustomAssets option. Leave it installed as a mod so you can continue any games you started that way, but you probably want to start new BUG games without loading BUG first.

Top Bottom