Sevo's Civilopedia

Now thats what I'm talking about Sevo! :D Kudos! Hopefully I'll be able to get away from my schoolwork this weekend to delve into your newest iteration :)

Sevo,

this really looks great and I'm going to give it a try! :goodjob:

One very small bug Ive noticed, under Improvements, 'Land Worked' and 'Water Worked', which I dont think were in the original civilopedia (though I could be wrong), and dont really add anything.

Also sort of along the same lines, Tribal Village and City Ruins are also under improvements, are these really improvements? Though I think these may have been in the original civelopedia, if so then it makes sense for them to be in yours.

That aside, thanks for the great work!

Zibby said:
One very small bug Ive noticed, under Improvements, 'Land Worked' and 'Water Worked', which I dont think were in the original civilopedia (though I could be wrong), and dont really add anything.

Also sort of along the same lines, Tribal Village and City Ruins are also under improvements, are these really improvements? Though I think these may have been in the original civelopedia, if so then it makes sense for them to be in yours.

That aside, thanks for the great work!

Technically all 4 of them are Improvements if you go by where they are located in the XML data :p

Exavier said:
Technically all 4 of them are Improvements if you go by where they are located in the XML data :p

Exactly. In the original program code, the things like "land worked" and "water worked", and indeed "barbarian" race and so forth were present, but were hidden from view. This was probably done because there really wasn't any info in the XML data and they were more game structures. Nevertheless, I thought they were interesting and I don't like stuff hidden, so I now have the 'pedia displaying everything, even if there's no data.

Nice work, Sevo.

Prior to 1.52 in the Civilopedia, when you clicked on a Unit Category and was presented with a spreadsheet of the units in that category, you couldn't click on an entry in the spreadsheet and be taken to that unit's page in the Civilopedia.

With 1.52, Firaxis fixed this by adding links to the spreadsheet. With your mod, these links don't exist. Could you fix this?

Thanks!

I was just about to install this mod, but then I saw that Firaxis had implemented a lot of this mod's features (no indexing by pictograms anymore, yay!).

My question is, does this mod differ much from the revised Civopedia, and if so, how?

The layout of the MOD is easier to read IMHO, just because it's set up logically for Latin Languages reading left to right.... I also think Sevo had fixed some errors in the main CivilPedia, but you'll need Sevo to confirm it. Just the set up, and addition of the Upgrade Path are well worth installing the MOD.

Here is a list of features from the first page of the thread. May want to go and read it...

* Menus moved to left, with main menu on far left, sub-menu next to it
* Main menu list reordered into groups with icons
* Sub Menu organized into an easy to read list.
* New in this version: Pictures included in list!
* No more hopping away from the top screen when you select a page. The page comes up
in the available to space on the right
* Includes previously hidden entries (check out the barbarian leader...)
* Will easily integrate with almost all existing mods
* Can disable animations if desired

* Vovan's Unit Upgrade Chart: Will automatically produce upgrade chart for units, even when modded!

Thanks a bunch, I felt it a bit too difficult alt-tabbing to and fro between the screenshots and the game itself, so it's nice with some clarification. =)

Perhaps Sevo should include the comparison between the new patch's Civopedia and his own mod in order to justify downloading the mod, so that he avoids doubt as seen in my previous post?

Mysterio10000 said:
Prior to 1.52 in the Civilopedia, when you clicked on a Unit Category and was presented with a spreadsheet of the units in that category, you couldn't click on an entry in the spreadsheet and be taken to that unit's page in the Civilopedia.

With 1.52, Firaxis fixed this by adding links to the spreadsheet. With your mod, these links don't exist. Could you fix this?

Yes, I could! :p I didn't realize I had missed that new linkthrough. It's fixed in the new zip (ver 1.9, see main page). Also fixed is a bug no one had caught yet but I found while playtesting (hehe) my Fusion mod: If you FIRST open the pedia from a specific link, a list wasn't getting initialized and the pedia wouldn't work. This is now fixed as well.

Sevo said:
Also fixed is a bug no one had caught yet but I found while playtesting (hehe) my Fusion mod: If you FIRST open the pedia from a specific link, a list wasn't getting initialized and the pedia wouldn't work. This is now fixed as well.
Heh, I just encountered it and was going to post about this, I swear :D. Going to download the patch right now :woohoo:

The base terrain page links to some incorrect info - see coast and ice for example. Coast says you cannot have a city...this is with 1.9

But I do love this mod.

gelat said:
The base terrain page links to some incorrect info - see coast and ice for example. Coast says you cannot have a city...this is with 1.9

But I do love this mod.

If the info is incorrect, then blame the XML files! (But as Exavier points out, you cannot actually build on coast; it's the first "ocean" square off the coastline.:) )

My mistake - I had looked at the wrong entry, and the hill is not in the old civiliopedia, and that confused me.

GREAT MOD!

Top Bottom