World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

First of all i would say that this is really a wonderful mod guys!
I would have some infos about AI in the mod.
Is this Warlords AI or have you done some modifications to AI? Is it compatible with Better AI mod?If compatible would you advise me to use Better AI with your mod?

AI is standart, mayby in new version we thik about this

1939 AD WW2 Mod - Playing as England

First time playing this scenario and hopes were rather high, the experience was pretty awful though. Perhaps in part due to playing Monarch difficulty, but my cities wouldn't build anything due to pathetic production, my gold supply was near zilch, my navy was totally dwarfed by the German Navy and my units strength incapable of even defeating Italian units.

1939 AD, Italy shouldn't yet be in conflict with Britain and France as that only happened towards the end of the German invasion of France around June 1940, not so in this mod where the Italians were the ones to push for Paris and the Allies having little to match it.

The problems with this mod appeared to be:

1. Little or no production of units in cities and no workers to improve land to maybe improve state of affaires. 6-7 turns at best to get a single worker.
2. A pathetic rate of teching possible.
3. No relation to political relations of the time.
4. No real research done on relative strengths of nations forces, Italian units vastly superior to British units (ignore ones you can build cos that doesn't happen!), no British Airforce and not a single British Carrier or destroyer.
5. No cultural slider, so dealing with unhappiness a really slow process, given you can't actually build jack.

Sorry to be so critical, but I don't see why people have found this fun.

First of all i would say that this is really a wonderful mod guys!
I would have some infos about AI in the mod.
Is this Warlords AI or have you done some modifications to AI? Is it compatible with Better AI mod?If compatible would you advise me to use Better AI with your mod?

Nope it's not standard
- it was changed with Air force Mod by Lopez, modified Dale's Range Bomardment by PeteT and, Production Modifier in Civics by Pete.

The best way would be to compile it - sorry we clean the SDK yet, it would be free to use (of course under firaxis license) sooner or later

The problems with this mod appeared to be:

1. Little or no production of units in cities and no workers to improve land to maybe improve state of affaires. 6-7 turns at best to get a single worker.
2. A pathetic rate of teching possible.
3. No relation to political relations of the time.
4. No real research done on relative strengths of nations forces, Italian units vastly superior to British units (ignore ones you can build cos that doesn't happen!), no British Airforce and not a single British Carrier or destroyer.
5. No cultural slider, so dealing with unhappiness a really slow process, given you can't actually build jack.

Sorry to be so critical, but I don't see why people have found this fun.

It's the reason why it's beta - all (especially me) doesn't have time to play this scenarios well - we know that finding golden middle woudl be very diffiuclt so we've made betatesting public to make this sooner thna later. Thx for info.

OK, asio dont wrote , so Do I, we have a bug about wonders crash, asio now wroking with xml to fixed all bugs, i working of new version of scenarios, in sunday's morning we want relase patch with new scenarios :).

I'm afraid it will took more time than sunday morning :sad: I didn't said this cause i'm not realy sure when i'll finish it - i have to make some research how to fix this flag and missiles.

What i fixed yet is critical bugs you mentioned + that i've found:
- Building BM-13, Medic, Forced_labourer don't crash game anymore. It also displays well theire small buttons.
- Building Olympia Stadium, Colloseum, National Expansion Memorial, League Of Nations, Arc de Triomphe, Red Cross, Brandenburg Gate, Leaning Tower, Discovering DNA Structure, Discovering Penicillin don't crash game anymore. Now it plays movie for that wonders or show pictures of them (in case we don't have movie)

Still much to do :(

ups i forgot, :blush: :blush: :blush:

hiih.

Nope it's not standard
- it was changed with Air force Mod by Lopez, modified Dale's Range Bomardment by PeteT and, Production Modifier in Civics by Pete.

The best way would be to compile it - sorry we clean the SDK yet, it would be free to use (of course under firaxis license) sooner or later

And still the AI goes after some barbarians and most of the allied side (UK, FR, SU) did want to be vassal to the Chines Empire in the 1933 scenario and still there is about 30 units on its way to Berlin and Hamburg in 1940.

Awesome Mod! Excellent Work

Althought it strikes me at first glance that some of the leader heads are the same and inaccurate. ie in the 1933 scenario

About the mod i think that having real images of WWII leaders would be better considering that it is an historical mod, at least in other mods (FfH2, TAM) photos,2d portraits have nothing less than 3d animated portraits.
I think also that modifying or creating new leader portraits will be also a lot time consuming which can be spent in other features.
BTW if you want to have 3d animations for leaders, could you consider to make also an option to use leaders photos or 2d portraits instead of the 3d animations?

Paasky's WW2 mod used national flags for leaderheads, that could suffice for now.

This mod is still in its infancy, and all the feedback and suggestions will help make it better over time.

About the mod i think that having real images of WWII leaders would be better considering that it is an historical mod, at least in other mods (FfH2, TAM) photos,2d portraits have nothing less than 3d animated portraits.
I think also that modifying or creating new leader portraits will be also a lot time consuming which can be spent in other features.
BTW if you want to have 3d animations for leaders, could you consider to make also an option to use leaders photos or 2d portraits instead of the 3d animations?

Yup it's possible - you need to create two leaders - one would be for example Winston Churchill 3D and second would be Winston Churchill 2D - it gives a little bit mess in Single Player Game and Civilopedia but it doesn't worry me - in scenarios it
s ok cause you cannot switch leader once choosed.

I'm afraid making 2D leaderheads takes too much time too, and offten is impossible - lack of fotografies, or fotographies very small and low quality

I'm afraid it will took more time than sunday morning :sad: I didn't said this cause i'm not realy sure when i'll finish it - i have to make some research how to fix this flag and missiles.

- Building BM-13, Medic, Forced_labourer don't crash game anymore. It also displays well theire small buttons.
- Building Olympia Stadium, Colloseum, National Expansion Memorial, League Of Nations, Arc de Triomphe, Red Cross, Brandenburg Gate, Leaning Tower, Discovering DNA Structure, Discovering Penicillin don't crash game anymore. Now it plays movie for that wonders or show pictures of them (in case we don't have movie)

Still much to do :(

Does it mean it not et in? Would be fine if u increase revision number.

D-Day version 11

1) Remove \ from line
ModPath=\ww2 1939
to remove mode reloading.
2) Russians is too weak. they could not possibly advance with they weak units.
3) Americans is weak beyond there 50 strength tanks.
4) No britain armies?

D-Day version 11

1) Remove \ from line
ModPath=\ww2 1939
to remove mode reloading.
2) Russians is too weak. they could not possibly advance with they weak units.
3) Americans is weak beyond there 50 strength tanks.
4) No britain armies?

Thanks for your input. The next scenario update will have MORE reserves for all three of these Armies (Soviets, US and Britians), so they can keep bringing them in. When the mod patch is updated, the "SuperShermans" will lose their big strength advantage... so MORE new units will be waiting. What version of DDay were you playing - at least 10.3, or better 10.5? :confused:

Scenario files go in the Public Maps folder of the mod, or
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939\PublicMaps\

..if that is reasonably like how your directory structure works for the game (would be the default). There ought to be some scenario files already there for you, and not the duel scenario, so you may have some other error in your process.

First to check is that you are loading the mod properly, you should see the unique screen at the start and have the option to play a scenario, but not to start a new game. Next to check would be that you are using Warlords 2.08, then where you put the mod and how you are loading it.

mmm...

does the mod requires to be under the folder of ww2 1939 specificley?

cause i changed the flder,

i know how to hanlde mods..(hint..visa mod...)

so i think it must be due to my installation of the mod,

anyway,
it a really beutyfull mod,
alot of the units are uniqe to the mod,

lovley work.

Thanks for your input. The next scenario update will have MORE reserves for all three of these Armies (Soviets, US and Britians), so they can keep bringing them in. When the mod patch is updated, the "SuperShermans" will lose their big strength advantage... so MORE new units will be waiting. What version of DDay were you playing - at least 10.3, or better 10.5? :confused:

I think 10.5 however it says Version=11 in the mod file.

Surprisingly Americans has no infrastructure. While historically it is al right that italians are not building tanks for them, technically beyond the invasion force americans do not have a chance. German in 8 turns will have 10 tigers that will be unstopable. Plus the cost of army is very expencive. At least 50% research still loosing money.

I think 10.5 however it says Version=11 in the mod file.

Surprisingly Americans has no infrastructure. While historically it is al right that italians are not building tanks for them, technically beyond the invasion force americans do not have a chance. German in 8 turns will have 10 tigers that will be unstopable. Plus the cost of army is very expencive. At least 50% research still loosing money.

The scenario version which shipped with the mod was a beta starting point - it has been superceded and balanced several times. The recent versions are:
1933 - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4153
and D-day - http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4152 for the download pages. You can save the scenarios to your desktop and just double click on them - then the mod will load with the scenario, without having to start up Warlords.
If you don't see DDay 10.6 or 1933WW2 7.5 in your scenario selection list then the scenario will be the old one prior to the past 5-6 revisions.
I assume the D-day scenario is the one your referring to.... the Americans have a HUGH store of tanks and men up off of Iceland, and that usually suffices until they get more cities under their control to build more and research more. The research will be 25% faster also when the mod is updated by asioasioasio and those pesky "superSherman" tanks and wonder crashes fixed.

which version are these changes in, please? (or are they in a released version yet?)

i was about to reply and say, "i was able to get the wonders to not crash on the video by...." but it looks like you already got there!

which version are these changes in, please? (or are they in a released version yet?)

i was about to reply and say, "i was able to get the wonders to not crash on the video by...." but it looks like you already got there!

hi.
when is a new version is to go out?

and will it include dales work?

All that changes i mentioned before http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5140586&postcount=184 would be in next patch (will be published this week sunday).
- I also corected playing movies for a-bomb and h-bomb test sites
- moved a-bomb and h-bomb test sites from national wonders buildings to projects and now it needs much efforts to build WMD
- to build a-bomb project you'll need to build 4 projects before (Isotope Manufacturing Plant, Induction Accelerator, Nuclear Reactor, Heavy Water Manufacturing Plant).
- to build h-bomb project you'll need A-Bomb Project complited and other project Tritium exctraction plant.
- to build "nukes" you'll need now A-Bomb Project
- to build nuclear silos wich are used for ICBM with A warhead and H warhead, you require now H-Bomb Project complited
- Building all that wmd projects doesn't make that all nations could build nukes - all nations should have own atomic program complited - without it you or ai can't build nukes
- Building Bomb shelter doesn't require A-Bomb project complited anymore
- Nuclear Plant require now fusion bomb technology (i was wondering if not throw away it completly (mid 50's technology), but i left it.
- You cannot build now all wonders that was build before WW2 - so Colosseum will stand builded in Rome, if for example scenario will be on Pacific - you still won't be able to build colosseum. I changed it that you can place this building in world builder, but it can't be builded during game play on the map.

I hope we would have dale's missiles modcomp incomporated - so all tactical nukes and conventional missiles finally will work well. PeteT incomporated Dale's Range Bombardment and modified it a lot.

I hope till sunday we'll be able to fix many other things

mmm...

does the mod requires to be under the folder of ww2 1939 specificley?

cause i changed the flder,

i know how to hanlde mods..(hint..visa mod...)

so i think it must be due to my installation of the mod,

anyway,
it a really beutyfull mod,
alot of the units are uniqe to the mod,

lovley work.

The program wich installs it it makes bugs when you choose browse :(
If you still have problems check
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5109456&postcount=1
and try this
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USERS THAT HAVE INSTALLED IN OTHER FOLDER.
If you've done everything ok you should have this tree:
........\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939\Assets\
you can try to double click on sceanrio and see what'll happend

I'm glad to hear that our mod is beautiful :) especially from one of the creator of ViSa - wich is my favoured modpack - i love to play this - since i started play VisA - vanilla and warlords doesn't exist for me much longer :)

Top Bottom